Eezox Cleaner/Dry Film Lubricant

Has anyone here used this product

http://www.eezox.com/index.html

It is supposed to be a all in one cleaner and dry film lubricant.

The site states that it will hold up over 150 hours in the salt spray fogger test.

I was thinking of trying this and I wanted to know if anyone here had used it before I make a purchase. I prefer to hear about something from someone who has actually used it as opposed to a "Testimonial" on the owners site.

When I get a S-12 I want to make sure I have the best cleaning agents possible. Do you think this would work good in it.

we tried some samples of this, it works ok,, now i'm not fond of dry lubes. and on original s12's that i have like most other cleaners it started taking paint off! but so did most other cleaners,, crap russian paint, no fault of gun itself, what i found to work the best to clean everything easy sleazy way is just use brake parts cleaner... its actually whats in most all spray gun cleaners with fancy name... but very best cleaner out there is kroil... cleans out everything.. thats my opinion.... theni found my saigas work best with g96. it also can be used as a cleaner /lubricant. started using g96 over 20 years ago on hk rifles. germans made it for dirty blowback guns . but kroil been around over 100 years, it loosens rusted parts and penetrates, even removes lead and copper.. benchrest shooters use the heck out of it.

hope this helps.

I've been using it lately. I like it. I'm not using it as a cleaner but as a protectant/dry lube. It's very ncie on my Stainless guns, the blued one it leaves a bit of smearing on. All in all I liked it better than Breakfree CLP. I plan to keep using it in the future!

I've been using it lately. I like it. I'm not using it as a cleaner but as a protectant/dry lube. It's very ncie on my Stainless guns, the blued one it leaves a bit of smearing on. All in all I liked it better than Breakfree CLP. I plan to keep using it in the future!

My S12 seems to be running smooth now with about 2500 heavy rounds through it. My cleaning consists of auto brake spray cleaner of most every internal part, running a copper brush and then some WD-40 on bolt and spings, and cloth through the barrel, and some slide glide on the rails. Anyone see a long term problem with this? I shoot wolf and some dirty loads so I generally clean after each shoot, which is never under 100 shells. I do the same on my AK. Nothing fancy or expensive on these.

I have notice some heavy plastic wad buildup in the first 3 inches from the chambered shell that is tough as hell, but hasn't seemed to effect accuracy or function one bit.

My S12 seems to be running smooth now with about 2500 heavy rounds through it. My cleaning consists of auto brake spray cleaner of most every internal part, running a copper brush and then some WD-40 on bolt and spings, and cloth through the barrel, and some slide glide on the rails. Anyone see a long term problem with this? I shoot wolf and some dirty loads so I generally clean after each shoot, which is never under 100 shells. I do the same on my AK. Nothing fancy or expensive on these.

WD40 is cheap, but I think there are much better options out there for a little more. It doesn't have much staying power. CLP would be a relatively cheap alternative. Even Mobile One synthetic is a better option, IMO.

Actually... WD-40 is one of the WORST lubricants for the internal mechanisms of a semi-auto firearm.

WD-40 will become GUMMY over time as it soaks up fouling and residues, dust, grime, and debris... it will make a black sticky crud you will need to blast out of there if you continue to use it over long periods.

I have NOTHING against WD-40... it is an amazing lube, and has its place in about 99.99% of the world... Unfortunately, the internals of a firearm are NOT ONE OF THEM!

On the outside... its great!!! Just keep it out of the inside.

As mentioned, there are MANY other gun specific lubes you can get for very similar money than WD-40, which are designed to do the job you are wanting it to do. Without any worries of it gumming up and needing extra elbow grease to clean out at a later point. :up:

:smoke:

I ordered some from Warren Custom Outdoor and got a phone call from the proprietor. We got to talking about the Eezox vs Militec-1 controversy.

One good piece of info he shared was that the fellow who actually manufactures the Seecamp pistols uses BOTH! The very first treatment off the assembly line is Militec, and from then on its Eezox. Seems that he thinks the Militec is a better metal conditioner (to enhance the subsequent applications of Eezox), and is a good rust preventative by itself. Whereas the Eezox is a better lubricant and rust preventative, especially on metal conditioned with Militec.

So there you go.

I think i will try it using both in Seecamp style, and see how it goes.

Hope this helped.

C-

And about WD-40: the WD stands for Water Displacement. It does indeed do a great job of getting wateer out of all the snall spaces and springs if your firearm takes an unscheduled swim in the lake or gets caught in the rain.

But WD-40 also does all the bad things mentioned like get gunky and harden into a gummy paste. So the water removal must be followed by a thorough cleaning.

Anytime I had occasion to retrieve a thoroughly soaked firearm, i sprayed with WD-40 liberally, then i followed with Gunscrubber or an electronic-safe degreaser (evaporates almost instantly), then proceeded with the lubricant/protectant du jour.

Seems to have worked. But I admit, I dont subject gunmetal to the harsh environments that a years deployment in the Middle East or the SE Pacific Jungles would. The worst rust i ever had was after an unnoticed slow-leak basement flood occurred, and over the several months in that humidity some took on some rust. The worst intentional abuse was a dip in a heavily chlorinated indoor pool- where the militec acquitted itself nicely.

C-

Anymore if I am not shooting corrosive primers, most of my cleaning and lube is with Modil 1 5W30.

Anything crusty, or corrosive still get Hoppe's #9, but everything else gets the Mobil !, except chokes and threaded anything- and they get Molly Anti-seeze. WD-40 is in the rangebag in case of rain,then spray everything untill I can get them home to care for properly.