RAA Vs. EAA questions

Ok, I know they what RAA and EAA stands for. But is there any differences in them in the realm of conversion. I have read that RAA rifles come with the bullet guide already drilled and that the trigger plate is either part of or really well welded on instead of spot welded. Obviously, getting an EAA is going to be harder, I have an RAA on order and want to do a conversion, I just need to know what is in my future.

You probably read my earlier post. I have an RAA .223 and it did come with a hole in the trunnion predrilled where the bullet guide would mount. I have yet to measure it and see if it can be tapped. I'm sure it can be tapped, but I want to verify by measurement if the tap size required for the hole size is going to cause problems with mounting a bullet guide, (ie will it require a screw so large that it interferes with the BG). The trigger cover plate is still up in the air. I haven't had time to take it apart for a thorough investigation. Judging from the outside it does appear to be one piece :blues: The x39 I ordered does not have the BG hole, but it does have the same trigger cover plate. I know guys, as soon as I get time I will post pics. Working six day weeks now, and Sunday is family time. :smoke:

Edited by charcoalburner

my brand spankin new 223 has the hole predrilled.

my investigation reveals that the gap between the receiver and the trunnion allows enough room for a nut to attach the bullet guide screw to.

thats how i'm going to attach mine.

put a little red lock tite on that baby and let er rip!

You guys know that RAA or EAA has absolutely nothing to do with what Izhmash does with the rifle, don't you?

True, they are just the importer, however, I guess I should have elaborated at bit further. Since they are re-introduced back into the States, I was wondering if they are the same, or if Izhmash did some mods to make it harder to convert?

• 2 weeks later...