Home Invaders meet shotgun

An good reason to have a shotgun for home defense.

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...334/1051/NEWS01

Any word on the load? I would guess #8 birdshot or 7.5 birdshot. I mean at close range bird shot can do horrible things!

I guess birdshot since it's so common. But who knows.

Seeing how one of the home invaders died from bleeding to death from a shotgun blast to the arm I'm going to guess 00 buck

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...334/1051/NEWS01

Any word on the load? I would guess #8 birdshot or 7.5 birdshot. I mean at close range bird shot can do horrible things!

I guess birdshot since it's so common. But who knows.

Seeing how one of the home invaders died from bleeding to death from a shotgun blast to the arm I'm going to guess 00 buck

From the title of a great song, "Hey man, Nice shot" or shots in this case. 2 scumbags gone, Sweet! I love these stories! The world is a better place!

I need to forward this to the person at work that said "Why do you need guns anyway?" To which I had responded "well I need to have at least one!"

Don't you feel sorry for people that ignorant. They probably think it's in the Constitution to feed us! And now that we have plenty of food.... "Why do you need guns anyway?" :ded:

Thomas fired the shot that hit him in the chest and then closed the door.

Marshall Anderson then came through the door,

Hmmm, what was Marshall thinking ... my brother walked into a room, then I heard a blast. I better see what I can do about that ....

Darwin isn't always kind :angel:

Thomas fired the shot that hit him in the chest and then closed the door.

Marshall Anderson then came through the door,

Hmmm, what was Marshall thinking ... my brother walked into a room, then I heard a blast. I better see what I can do about that ....

Darwin isn't always kind :angel:

I suspect that it was the meth talking that made Marshall come through the same door that ended his brothers life with a shotgun blast to his chest.

From the title of a great song, "Hey man, Nice shot" or shots in this case. 2 scumbags gone, Sweet! I love these stories! The world is a better place!

Filter does that song, it make me drive horribly. Heh.

I suspect that it was the meth talking that made Marshall come through the same door that ended his brothers life with a shotgun blast to his chest.

No NO NO, it was the DEFENDER who killed the two INTRUDERS who were BROTHERS. There was no inter-family murder.

sigh....quotes never work for me.

Edited by Azkamidaka

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/15406119.htm

Yep I live in Greenville which near Lyman I saw it on the news here .

The mindset in America is to let the local law enforcement take care of a problem like this. This means the police showing up after the crime has been comitted and having the coroner zip up the victims in body bags.

good stuff across the pond we have to equal the force of the attacker so if the p head didnt have a handgun you could get screwed.

not long ago some idiot walked into a gun store with a machette and demanded a gun so he could kill himself so the guy behing the counter pulled a .45 handgun out and shot him in the stomach . hehe

good stuff across the pond we have to equal the force of the attacker so if the p head didnt have a handgun you could get screwed.

not long ago some idiot walked into a gun store with a machette and demanded a gun so he could kill himself so the guy behing the counter pulled a .45 handgun out and shot him in the stomach . hehe

There's none of that equal force crap in South Carolina (the state where this story happened). If someone is in your house uninvited you can assume they intend you great bodily harm, even if the intruders were unarmed the shooting would still have been ok. SC is one of the states that recently passed a Castle Doctrine law guaranteeing such protections.

Even here in the people's republik of Maryland, if someone breaks into your house you have every right to use whatever force is necessary to protect yourself, including deadly force. The fact that they have broken in or forced themselves into your home gives you the right to do what you need to do.

Unless your state has Castle Doctrine I wouldn't bet my lifes savings on attorney's fee's that your really safe defending yourself or your home.

However, if you have a home invasion and you have your trusty S 12 handy, You do what you have to do to protect your family, yourself and your home regardless of the legal ramifications.

In the UK you would probably come close to serving a life sentence.

Edited by TacticalResponse
Unless your state has Castle Doctrine I wouldn't bet my lifes savings on attorney's fee's that your really safe defending yourself or your home.

Actually the common law rules in most jurisdictions are pretty close to the stand your ground stuff that the NRA is proposing. If someone breaks into your home and appears dangerous, I would say 90 percent chance that you can kill him in self defense. There are some jurisdictions where they will nail you with weapons charges for having a useable weapon handy (DC for example, or NY if you dont have a license) but regarding the actual self defense, every jurisidction I can think of permits it with little question.

Unfortunately there are a lot of liberal anti-gun anti self defense District attorneys and prosecuters out there across America that seek to push their own political agendas by attempting to interpet the law their own way.

We have quite a few in Arizona that have been causing a lot of trouble. We can only hope that the Arizona Supreme court clears up several miscarriages of justice.

Arizona is made up from a blend of Blue and red counties.

Hopefully our new Castle Doctrine will help to clear up most of the self defense issues that we've had in our state in the past nine years.

Edited by TacticalResponse