Recoil Pad

I ordered the Warsaw length AK buttstock from Tromix thinking that my AK recoil pad would fit it and give me a little more length on the stock as well.

However, the screw hole do not line up...and I destroyed the pad trying to refit it to the stock.

What products are out there that I could consider for this? I fired another Tromix Saiga 12 and know that I WILL be needing the recoil pad as it kicks like a mule with 3" OO buck.

I have the Warsaw length buttstock too... the FSE pad fits it just right. (Plus gives me a shameless photo opp.)

I love that sucker micah. I think the recoil on the s-12 is good. How is it with the GL pad?

Thanks again man...

The GL pad is working out real nice. Although I haven't fired it without the pad, so I can't compare.

Before the pad, the gun was a tad too short though, but now it's perfect for me. I'm not a big guy, but if I was, I don't think the Warsaw length would work at all, even with the pad.

Thanks again man...

The GL pad is working out real nice. Although I haven't fired it without the pad, so I can't compare.

Before the pad, the gun was a tad too short though, but now it's perfect for me. I'm not a big guy, but if I was, I don't think the Warsaw length would work at all, even with the pad.

I love my GL pad and my Blackjack buffer. I was cooking off 3" slugs shirtless and didn't get anything other than some little divots in my shoulder from the little friction pins molded into the pad, and that went away after an hour, anyway. No bruising, nothing.

Considering this is now fitting on a Bulgarian wireframe sidefolder, I'd say it reduced felt recoil by like 90%, just because those things freaking HURT! :cryss:

And since I've never actually posted photos of this sucker, and it's done now except for a few minor touches like a railed foregrip and shark brake, my WECSOG Graduation Project:

normal_Saiga-12-09.JPG

normal_Saiga-12-11.JPG

normal_Saiga-12-13.JPG

And those little touches of True WECSOG Ghettoness

normal_Saiga-12-14.JPG

normal_Saiga-12-15.JPG

normal_Saiga-12-16.JPG

The rest of the pictures, including various states of undress/rebuild here: http://veen.thexq.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=24

• 2 weeks later...

What products are out there that I could consider for this?

FSE US-made copy of the Bulgarian grenade launcher pad. Friction-fits over the end of a solid stock, and lengthens the toe of the stock in addition to dampening the felt recoil.

http://www.fseusa.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=339

CAUTION! The FSE pads will NOT fit a new, unconverted S12 stock. The butt of the stock is WAY to wide or tall. Anyone know what will fit?

Thanks.

Thanks again man...

I love my GL pad and my Blackjack buffer. I was cooking off 3" slugs shirtless and didn't get anything other than some little divots in my shoulder from the little friction pins molded into the pad, and that went away after an hour, anyway. No bruising, nothing.

Considering this is now fitting on a Bulgarian wireframe sidefolder, I'd say it reduced felt recoil by like 90%, just because those things freaking HURT! :cryss:

And since I've never actually posted photos of this sucker, and it's done now except for a few minor touches like a railed foregrip and shark brake, my WECSOG Graduation Project:

The rest of the pictures, including various states of undress/rebuild here: http://veen.thexq.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=24

Was it very difficult to get the wire folder to fit? I'd like to do that to mine

Was it very difficult to get the wire folder to fit? I'd like to do that to mine

The wire folder uses the standard AK-47 stamped reciever tang as pretty much any other stamped reciever stock does. I bought it from a guy who had it on his Saiga-12 before he swapped to a Krinkov style folder, but he didn't say he had to do any sort of modification to get it to fit.

One thing I noticed about it is that it doesn't go very far into the reciever at all. It stops right before the first original trigger axis hole, so even if you have that blocked up with a chicago post it fits fine with no trimming.

Veen;

nice build. Have you shot 3" slugs with that NCstar red dot? I had two different versions of those on my side rail mount and they lasted under a couple hundreds rounds each before they disintegrated under shock testing. I ended up going with a Cobra, and have been cheesed ever since, but I wonder why my recoil was so bad to break those cheap sights. Good luck with it.

Veen;

nice build. Have you shot 3" slugs with that NCstar red dot? I had two different versions of those on my side rail mount and they lasted under a couple hundreds rounds each before they disintegrated under shock testing. I ended up going with a Cobra, and have been cheesed ever since, but I wonder why my recoil was so bad to break those cheap sights. Good luck with it.

Thanks. 3" 00 and 3" slugs are both a blast to shoot because they don't hurt at all. As for the sight, it's there solely so I have something to use at night if I need to go Burglar Hunting. The second I have enough money saved up for an EOTech, I'm going with that.

I do have to wonder how hard it'd be to custom fit a set of 590 tritium ghost ring sights to the gun, though.