Ace "Internal" receiver block installation

Hello

Finally got the loot from Ace today, gonna SOCOM up the S12 and S.308. I ordered a couple of internal blocks to mount the hinge assemblies/stocks to, and I have a question...

I assume that to remove the stock tang, I simply remove (drill) the two rivets that hold it in place? I was thinking that the tang was integral with the receiver, until I looked a little closer. It would seem the internal block simply would not fit in the receiver with the remnants of the tang still there, if one were to simply cut it or whatever...

If any of you wise and helpful folks who know these things would let me know if I'm headed the right way, or, if necessary, plumb me up if necessary, I would be most grateful.

In fact, thanks a brazillian!

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

you are correct - the rear trunion is attached to the receiver via rivets and to remove it, you will need to first remove the stock of course and then grind the rivet heads and punch them out. I can't remember if they used two through rivets or four short ones - if its two of the through, then you only need to grind one side and then punch it through the trunion and out the other side. If its four shorties, then grind them on the inside and punch them out to avoid any possibility of marking the reciever.

Edited by O.S.O.K.
This interestes me also as i have a Ace internal block on the way also for my S-12.

They suck. It makes the stock sit at an odd angle. I'm going to try and send mine to Tony since I alreay cut the tang. I'll get his receiver plate welded on now that I know better.

BTW, you post count is now 308.

21 gun salute.

Edited by headshot
NO STOP!!!! :cryss:

Don't mess with the rivets!

All you do is cut the tang off even with the back of the receiver.

+1,000,000!!!!! Don't touch the rivets - you will be so sorry if you do because it's entirely unneccesary. All you need to do is cut-off the tang with a hacksaw or as I prefer a dremel with a cut-off wheel. Touch-up paint the bare metal. Remove the pistol grip and nut. Shove the block in the end. Install the top screw. Install the P-grip nut though the block. Install P-Grip. Attach stock. It's really easy.

Edited by DaGroaner

Got the stock(s) installed today. Glad I asked about the rivet removal thing......

It was really very easy to accomplish, just had to take it slow on the grinding of the tang, to avoid getting in too deep (I've found I possess a real talent for that....)

I posted a couple of pic's of the babe..(no, not the Brazillian) with my chest kinda pooched out, since this and the S12 posted on that forum are my first two conversions. I know they're not art, but awesomely vicious tools they do be!

Thanks to all who graciously and oh-so patiently helped with these, I'd thank you a Brazillian, but alas, she's already spoken for....

Of course, the all-important 20rounders are needed to really set the girl off!

post-3965-1161040099_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1161040125_thumb.jpg

Very respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Oh - sorry, I thought you were asking how to remove the rear trunion. I do not have an ACE stock and haven't installed one. It sounded like it replaced the rear trunion to mount which wouldn't be that unusual. Anyway, you obviously figured it all out - nice lookin S308 !