found pretty good deal on 62gr hollow points

for those who want to shoot a 62gr hollow point.

for those who love the bear ammo like i do.

silver bear 62gr hollow point- $149.90 per 1000 rnds.

thats only $2.99 per 20.

like i've posted before the golden bear 62gr hollow points work perfect with my saiga. (golden bear & silver bear the same except for casing coating)

alot more accurate that any 55gr ammo i've tried. and i love the "effects" of hollow points not to mention that you can use them to hunt with also.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/am...roducts_id/1451

order it up guys. this is some damn good ammo for the price.

don't believe that you willl find any 62gr hollow points for this kind of price.

it will all depend on how much they charge for shipping. believe you have to call with your zip code.

good luck guys!

ouch! that is a little high.

j&g has always been kinda high on shipping.

the golden bear that i ordered was $155 for 1000rnds, but the shipping was only $10. i only paid $165 shipped. they emailed me a quote of $20 for shipping but their shopping cart calculated $10 and thats what they charged me.

i didn't ask any questions.

btw i didn't order the golden bear from j&g.

it was from somewhere else.

damn thats a pretty good price, but i don't mess with wolf anymore.

it went bang everytime and the rounds look cool ( i love that grey poly coating look) but i don't think that it's as accurate as barnaul. at least none of the rounds i've ever fired were.

besides, i like to fire HPs and SPs. can't stand to shoot FMJ. i like my "targets" to react when hit. not burn a hole right through it. also, 62gr is the way to go!

the brown bear (laquered) was about $130 for 1000rnds plus about $10-$15 shipping for 62gr boat tail hollow points from the site that i ordered my golden bear from.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM232-47490-67.html

here we go again.

$129 per 1000 with buyer club

$136 per 1000 regularly

not bad if you don't mind laquer coating.

i've never in my history of shooting ak's and sks's had a single problem with laquer coating. i can see it affecting american made firearms like ar's and such with super tight match chambers but the ak and sks platforms were designed to shoot this stuff. i've dodged laquer b/c i've always had an alternative to choose from (silver bear, golden bear, wolf poly, etc). but if laquer was all i could get, you bet i'd be all over it!

Edited by TWGLADF

TW. I try to avoid CTD because I'm from TX and have to pay the sales tax. I am a club member because sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, I ended up getting 500 rds of .308 SP on your recomm. for $102 shipped. so my bullet budget is maxed out with Christmas coming. Can't seem to convince the wife and kids they need guns and ammo for Christmas anniversaries and birthdays. bikes

TW. I try to avoid CTD because I'm from TX and have to pay the sales tax. I am a club member because sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, I ended up getting 500 rds of .308 SP on your recomm. for $102 shipped. so my bullet budget is maxed out with Christmas coming. Can't seem to convince the wife and kids they need guns and ammo for Christmas anniversaries and birthdays. bikes

hahaha! had to laugh out loud on that one!

i have wife and 2 boys so i can imagine. bunch of saigas with ribbons tucked up under the christmas tree! HA HA!

i can understand about the CTD issue you have. i try to avoid certain companies/shops due to various reasons but sometimes you just have to do it. hey if it saves me money or is too good to pass up then what the hell.

$102, OUCH! those taxes really do eat you up.

i've really slowed down on my bullet consumption.

now i'll shoot about 5 boxes in a weekend.

i used to shoot a case in a weekend back when i was new to all this.

man, where the hell did i get the money? i'm making more than double the money than what i did back then!

good luck guys!

ouch! that is a little high.

j&g has always been kinda high on shipping.

the golden bear that i ordered was $155 for 1000rnds, but the shipping was only $10. i only paid $165 shipped. they emailed me a quote of $20 for shipping but their shopping cart calculated $10 and thats what they charged me.

i didn't ask any questions.

btw i didn't order the golden bear from j&g.

it was from somewhere else.

Where guy???

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

ak mike

the bullets are a bi-metal copper/steel.

for some reason the bi-metal wolf does not expand.

however, the bi-metal barnaul fragments violently.

don't know if the wolf jacket is harder or what. all i know is the results of numerous rounds fired into wet newsmedia and green pine tree trunks.

the silver bear 308 SP jackets mushroom nicely. they are bi-metal.

inparidel

it was from bigdogsammo but they recently went up on their prices.

the better deal seems to be the brown bear from CTD if it's still the same price.

good luck!