Lost a good friend today,feeling kinda down.

Sounds like the ol' tool went out honorably. I'll raise a pint to him. And remember, when you are in the hardware store looking at new Dremel tools, youre not replacing it, youre honoring its memory by buying the best possible tool to carry on the tradition.

I've found that the variable speed tools tend to bite the dust sooner than the fixed speed ones. My suggestion would be to have a fixed speed tool for high speed and a variable speed one for low speed. Abrasives against metal are generally best used on high speed, while wood sanding and carving tends to work well at low speed.

Hello

Replacement brushes often will resurect them...

Guido2 in Houston

There ya go. I love the way people on this forum think outside the box! If ya can't find brushes for it lemme know and I'll end ya a couple you can shape to work.

Igor go to the lab and find me that old box of springs and brushes!

Damn if it comes back from the death, a Zombie Dremil, I will keep and

eye on it, make sure don't go eating the other tools around.

:lolol::lolol:

How ironic that could be! You might have to shoot the very Dremel that helped you create the S-12 you're shooting it with.... tragic.......very tragic....