Saiga-12 Tactical

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programmin....asp?Prodid=263

I'm also interested in which parts are used for US Compliance. I believe I recognize the folder as Ace LTD, and the pistol grip seems like a vanilla US polymer grip.

Any info' would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

CZ52'

Yeah, that's the S12 I got. Atlantic is a great company to do business with. If you are a member of AR15.com, mention that to them for a discount as well. (about $30, so free shipping pretty much).

Yes, the stock is an ACE folder. The pistol grip is tapco, I believe, and the trigger group is a Tapco G2. Not sure about anything else, but I'm sure if you email Atlantic they can tell you.

Yeah, that's the S12 I got. Atlantic is a great company to do business with. If you are a member of AR15.com, mention that to them for a discount as well. (about $30, so free shipping pretty much).

Yes, the stock is an ACE folder. The pistol grip is tapco, I believe, and the trigger group is a Tapco G2. Not sure about anything else, but I'm sure if you email Atlantic they can tell you.

Thank you very much. Of course in the interim I've discovered the Tromix site, gone completely weak kneed and a little dizzy :P .

Decisions, decisions...and I had picked out a simple little Mossberg 590 to go under the tree...

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

Edited by CZ52GUY
Damn I hate to be picky but wtf is up with that TG? :huh:

Looks like it got pushed back and down in the front of it. Heck it may work better for me here in Barrow, looks like it may give me more room for a gloved finger.

I just want mine to get here, it has been at Fed Ex in Anchorage for a week!

David

I'm sending mine off to Tromix today, I like how he does his stocks and trigger guards better.

Damn I hate to be picky but wtf is up with that TG? :huh:

Looks like it got pushed back and down in the front of it. Heck it may work better for me here in Barrow, looks like it may give me more room for a gloved finger.

I just want mine to get here, it has been at Fed Ex in Anchorage for a week!

David

Don't you just love Alaska shipping. In Valdez I had to wait an extra week because the only FedEx guy in town decided to take a few days off so all the packages just sat there until he felt like delivering them, even the overnight and 2 day express ones.

ROFL our Fed Ex comes through N.A.C. then to a 80 year old man that looks like he is 90 and walks like he is 100. So if it is a package we don't bother having it delivered, we just go get it from the airport. Still takes 2 weeks for 3 day delivery. Yep I love Alaska delivery services!

Edited by PolarBearBait
Tromix is the shit. You won't be disappointed, and it's very reasonable due to our volume discount on the components.

Thanks,

I sent a note off to Tony. Assuming my year end stuff works out the way I hope, I'll be placing an order before New Year's.

Are you guys seriously backlogged?

Thanks in advance,

CZ52'

Edited by CZ52GUY

The backlog right now is at 75 days, but typically November and December are the slowest months, so I hope to get that down to 30 days or so by year end. Bob has been knocking out some "CNC" parts that were previously hand made, so we're picking up the pace as well.

The HK sights being back ordered for nearly 2 months really screwed up the flow through the shop. We ended up having to build all the none-HK guns way in advance, but now we're left with all HK installs which is our most time consuming process.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Edited by TonyRumore
The backlog right now is at 75 days, but typically November and December are the slowest months, so I hope to get that down to 30 days or so by year end. Bob has been knocking out some "CNC" parts that used to be hand made, so we're picking up the pace as well.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Thanks Tony,

Sent you an e-mail...I got one buddy in the VERY INTERESTED stage like me. Like I said, hopefully things work out so we can do business.

Any trade-offs I should be aware of...like load restrictions, does the AK Muzzle Brake do okay with shot (e.g. if I decided to use it in a 3-gun Match), anything like that...I saw that the factory gas system has two "binary" settings...one for shot, one for heavy stuff, does your setup change that dynamic?

Thanks in advance,

CZ52'

The gas system is not modified unless you have one of the 17" guns with the welded choke tube.

There are really no load restrictions. However, with some guns from the factory, it is possible to find some really light target loads that may not cycle. If you want to shoot cheap shells, I recommend Winchester AA Super Sport or Super Handicap. Your Saiga will cycle those briskly.

Tony

"Any trade-offs I should be aware of...like load restrictions, does the AK Muzzle Brake do okay with shot (e.g. if I decided to use it in a 3-gun Match), anything like that...I saw that the factory gas system has two "binary" settings...one for shot, one for heavy stuff, does your setup change that dynamic?"

No load restrictions of any kind. Period.

AK muzzle brake will work with any conceivable load, although I really prefer the shark brake for aesthetics.

Tony tunes the gas ports to cycle properly with your barrel length. It retains the 2-position valving.

edit: Tony beat me to it!

Edited by BobAsh
The gas system is not modified unless you have one of the 17" guns with the welded choke tube.

There are really no load restrictions. However, with some guns from the factory, it is possible to find some really light target loads that may not cycle. If you want to shoot cheap shells, I recommend Winchester AA Super Sport or Super Handicap. Your Saiga will cycle those briskly.

Tony

Works for me gents,

I favor slugs more than anything else (had some fun with some 3" magnums this past weekend). However, if some of the guys are ringing steel with their shotty's, it's nice to know I can play.

The shark brake is very cool, but I favor maximum muzzle flip reduction when I can get it (I have AK style brakes on my AR's and absolutely love them). I'm reliably in the .16's - .19's for splits on IDPA style courses with my 7.62x39...I've been as quick as .14. I imagine <.25 splits are quite feasible with one of your custom Saiga's (perhaps even quicker) with the right load, brake, and operator.

Hopefully the property tax man doesn't soak me too much and the year end bonus comes through as expected. What an amazing machine you build, I very much hope I can get one.

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

p.s. Loved the S&G page on your web site!!

Edited by CZ52GUY

OH YES!!! Mine arrived tonight, and it looks sweet! :super:

My FLL wants 2 of them, he thought it was the shit. Now to mount the accessories, looks like it will get my cheapy holo sight till I get the Kobra, but it should look nice anyway.

Blaine you rule, now where is my Uzi and AK? hehe I know next week they should get here (fingers crossed)

I'm one happy dude!

David

AK muzzle brake will work with any conceivable load, although I really prefer the shark brake for aesthetics.

One more question for the gentlemen from Tromix, is the Shark Brake also a compensator, or is it more of a suppressor? If it is a "muzzle-flip reducer", I'd tend to agree with the "aesthetic merits" of the Shark vs. the AK-style brake.

Thanks in advance,

CZ52'

Edited by CZ52GUY
post-4261-1163155279_thumb.jpg

Here is my new S12 Tactical, I love it, and yes I need to get better accessories, just waiting on funds. :)

David

Nice Shotty!! At some point, think about a rail mounted light setup on the charging handle side (you should be able to mount something like the polymer M-3 mount on those handguards)...for my AR's, I'm using Leupold QRW scope ring and a Surefire 6P. For my SAM7S & SSR-56, I'm using the Fobus/Samco/Command Arms 1" mount with a G2. Both work great, stand up to the recoil, and I control the light...no NLD's (negligent light discharges).

Corded setups work...sort of, but it's one more thing to snag, and depending on the activation pad location, NLD's are more likely than with a tailcap light setup as I described above.

Good luck!

CZ52'

Edited by CZ52GUY