As I reported in an earlier thread, my wife picked up three more 8-round mags while she was in Russia.

Well, I've been busy, but I finally made it down to the range. Having valid DE and PA carry permits, I brought the Saiga-12 in one bag and eight loaded magazines -- six 8-rd and two 5-rd -- in another bag. (The second bag was worth more than the shotgun)!

Good news: The new magazines fit and function perfectly, just like the old ones. :D

Bad news: Firing 58 shotgun shells in under two minutes really screwed up my shoulder! :killer:

Hello

I found that the 5 rounders worked better at the range when I was using a rest to sight in the Eotech. The 8 rounders (and I assume the 10's also...) made the gun so tall that I could not sight it without hitting the "roof" over the range table with my line-of-sight. I had to slide waaay back so the mag could hang over the front of the range table in order to sight the target.

Kinda pissed the range Nazi off when I inadvertently hit the target post (2x2 wood) and laid the target over...

respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston.

Hello

I found that the 5 rounders worked better at the range when I was using a rest to sight in the Eotech. The 8 rounders (and I assume the 10's also...) made the gun so tall that I could not sight it without hitting the "roof" over the range table with my line-of-sight. I had to slide waaay back so the mag could hang over the front of the range table in order to sight the target.

Kinda pissed the range Nazi off when I inadvertently hit the target post (2x2 wood) and laid the target over...

respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston.

Guido, go gansta style!

On the sore shoulder...been there done that. Put over a hundred thru the new ten rdr in half an hour. OUCH!

+1 on keepin it tight!

Puss...lol!

On spraying the keyboard... done that too...lol, think it was Tony's fault.

Beer isn't quite as sticky a s pepsi though, ewwww! :lolol:

As I reported in an earlier thread, my wife picked up three more 8-round mags while she was in Russia.

Well, I've been busy, but I finally made it down to the range. Having valid DE and PA carry permits, I brought the Saiga-12 in one bag and eight loaded magazines -- six 8-rd and two 5-rd -- in another bag. (The second bag was worth more than the shotgun)!

Good news: The new magazines fit and function perfectly, just like the old ones. :D

Bad news: Firing 58 shotgun shells in under two minutes really screwed up my shoulder! :killer:

Which mags are these? the new EXP-01-30 ones for the extended mag well? Or the rock-n-lock older ones?