Backordered S12

Ordered a S12 from my local dealer, got all the parts for the conversion ordered and just my luck he says the distributer is out and they had to put it on backorder. So, anyone know when they might be getting these in? Will the new ones have the threaded muzzles or have the choke welded on? The welded chokes were because someone messed up and the barrels were too short correct?

One of the large vendors recently mentioned a possible restocking soon. Hopefully the mess with the short barrels and welded chokes was a one time event. Regular threaded barrels have been arriving since that one boogered up batch.

There are threads under the welded chokes. It is Improved Cylinder I believe. I am about to remove mine and replace with a brake.

By the letter of the law when you remove the choke you are creating an illegal SBS, so your brake may have to just magically "appear".

now, now, Crow... we ALL KNOW you will do the RIGHT THING...

You will REMOVE the barrel from the shotgun, *THEN* remove the welded choke... permanently install the brake, then REATTACH the barrel... and you will be LEGAL!!!

We KNOW thats what you are going to do!! :up: :up: (Umm... wheres my sarcasm smiley to insert here?!?!?!?)

:smoke:

That is EXACTLY what I am going to do, or my trusty licensed gunsmith is going to do. I want to be legit. It's the main reason I have stalled so far. That and I wanna put some Krebs sights on it at the same time.

Now back to this poor man's thread.

The saiga-12s are in constant demand. The next shipment from the russians will have 300 19 inch barrels and 250 19 inch barrels with the adjustable sight leaf. It will also have the 20 gauge in a very limited supply for the first time. I don't look for these weapons to be out to the distributors until after the Shot Show. Late January.

The short barrel/welded choke shotguns are a thing of the past. The recall is closed. All shotguns that were illegal are accounted for. The shotguns coming in now all have manual bolt hold open and threaded barrels. The 24 inch barrel is also in the country.

• 4 weeks later...
The saiga-12s are in constant demand. The next shipment from the russians will have 300 19 inch barrels and 250 19 inch barrels with the adjustable sight leaf. It will also have the 20 gauge in a very limited supply for the first time. I don't look for these weapons to be out to the distributors until after the Shot Show. Late January.

The short barrel/welded choke shotguns are a thing of the past. The recall is closed. All shotguns that were illegal are accounted for. The shotguns coming in now all have manual bolt hold open and threaded barrels. The 24 inch barrel is also in the country.

So it appears I purchased one of the lame ones (welded choke and no bolt holdback) and I should wait for a different one to modify. Darn it, I guess I'll end up with two.

Mitch