I've been lurking around here for quite some time now and I just wanted to thank all of you that have made this the greatest and most informative forum that it is! Before I discovered this forum, I had pretty much made up my mind on getting into shooting again for a number of different reasons, i.e. home defense, fun at the range, hunting. So for me, first and foremost was home defense. So I set out looking for the best and least expensive (entry level?) gun that I could find. Some of the things I had to consider if I was going to get a gun for home defense was that I had to make sure that my girl (who also loves firearms) would also be able to wield and enjoy shooting it. After much research we decided on the .410 which eventually led me to the Saiga which in turn led me to this wonderful forum. As soon as I decided on the Saiga I became a member of the Forum. I didn't know it then but I had already been bitten by the bug. I would spend every minute that I could reading the forum. I would stay logged on at work so that when I had a free minute I could read another thread, I was going crazy! I just knew what I had to do to get rid of this craziness. I had to go buy a Saiga. So I came home Monday night after work with my brand new in box Saiga .410, I was very excited at the prospect of what fun I was going to have this upcoming spring and summer and so on. Well when I was on my way out of the gun store I felt this strange feeling deep from within, I couldn't figure out what it was, it was uncontrollable! it just made me turn my head to the left and there it was a SAIGA 12 GA. Thats when I knew for sure that I was bitten by the bug.

Once again thank you all so much for this forum.

JJ

welcome aboard jugglejunkie. you are going to find that the second you shoot your 410 you bought, that 12 gauge will be calling you to "come hither".

there are a bunch of members here from connecticuit. Im not too far from the conn. border, myself, and although the governor of new york lives about a mile from where I shoot, Ive been thinking about having a shoot out at the property before its sold this spring. right now, its friggin fridgid out there, so it hasnt really passed my mind, but Ill be sure to offer if I do decide to get one going soon.

I have some world class trout water within walking distance as well. field and stream keeps listing it, so it gets kind of crazy here in the opening weeks of the season, but we are all sportsmen anyhow, so it has never really been an issue. a couple of writers for the hunting/fishing magazines come around once in a while as well as a few well known guides, and even they have told me that they dont care, its how it is. wish more people were as plain about high volume shooting as them. im sure ill see the 'guv down there this spring with the SS crew.