Hello all,

I am wondering how many members/readers had or have a USAS-12 ?? Reason I ask , I had two of them --- ser. # in the 1st 100 ----- those that support a hi-cap drum etc. maybe should read my reply about drums for S-12s. Look at my last post -------- those that think Saigas can not be reclassified or banned could be in for a shock.

So -------- who all had a USAS-12 ?? Still got them or had to sell/get rid of them ??

Gunfighter

Hello all,

I am wondering how many members/readers had or have a USAS-12 ?? Reason I ask , I had two of them --- ser. # in the 1st 100 ----- those that support a hi-cap drum etc. maybe should read my reply about drums for S-12s. Look at my last post -------- those that think Saigas can not be reclassified or banned could be in for a shock.

So -------- who all had a USAS-12 ?? Still got them or had to sell/get rid of them ??

Gunfighter

I purchased a USAS-12 in 1994 and it was reclassified only 6 weeks after I had it. I registered it with the ATF. Sold it a long time ago because it was a piece of junk. Made by Interordance.

Hello all,

A little more info;

The two I got were from Gilberts Mach. Co ?? , if I remember correctly . The ser. were 00056 and 00057 -------- both weapons worked 100% with slugs,OO buck and high brass field loads. They were HEAVY !! Had to be around 12lbs --- felt like 25lbs !!!!!!!!!!

I first read about them in SOF magazine ---- Mr. Attchsine {sp?} had a offer that if you would send a $300 deposit , you would get a "special run" and a locked in pre-production price. So I did !!! Well , I waited almost FIVE YEARS and Mr. Attchsine sold the dies , patents , machines etc . to Daewoo in Korea ----- I WAS HEARTBROKE.

And out $300 ----- this would equal about $1000/$1500 in todays inflation.

The Koreans first made a select-fire AA-12 and a year or so later , I found out that Gilberts was making them out of Texas and I could get a semi-auto that was legal. I was happy as a pig in slop and ordered two of them and hoped that it would not turn out like the AA-12s and I'd lose even more money.

If I remember , the USAS-12s cost me {dealer price} about $800 and 10 rd. stick mags $35 each and 20 rd. drums were around $85 each.

I shot the USAS-12s in local 3 Gun Shoots and just kicked the shit out of everyone :eek: With a 20rd. drum and almost no recoil , I whipped ass !!!! Then the local Match Directors started messing with me -- made mandatory reloads , lots of prone pos. , and had a shoot 1 slug , 2 buck , 3 birdshot etc. kind of rules in effect. I didn't care and did the best I could { ALWAYS placed in the Top 2 or 3}.

Well , after a season or two of useing them , the BATF then declared the USAS-12s as Destructive Devices ---- the NRA tried to fight them in court etc. ---- end result after another 2 tears or so ---- I had to "chose" -- either rigister them { couldn't in Illinois"} , sell them , or hid them. First choice , not in ILL. , 2nd choice , take a loss as the "dealers" knew they had the only game in town and I'd have to be happy with what I could get , or bury them and not be able to enjoy them.

Broke my heart to sell them AT A LOSS !!!!

THINGS I LEARNED --------------- NEVER prepay for a firearm/product that is not already being made available ----------- NEVER trust the BATF/Gov. as far as your "Rights" are conserned ---- and DON'T belive everything you read :cryss:

As I have stated in other posts ---------- DO NOT think that the same thing can not happen to the Saiga S-12s ------------- if it does , YOU will have the SAME 3 "choices" I had.

Just some things for ALL US to think about,

Gunfighter aka Bird to my pals

I bought mine from Internationale Ordnance in Dec. of 93 for $1000.I wanted a Steyr TMP at the time,but couldn't find one (importation ban!),so I bought the usas instead.Still got mine (PA is DD friendly).It was fun to have until I got my 1st. S12,now it's pretty much a collectible.Mine's serial #1305,btw.

Edited by Telly458

Used to have one, ran it in 3-Gun for quite a while back when I was shooting for the military. If you can handle the 14 pounds, it is an awesome piece of sporting equipment :smoke:

Serial was in the 1700 range, if my old brain cells recall correctly. Ran great on 3 3/4 dram or hotter; you could hear me shooting over everyone else on the range on match day :devil:

Alex

I don't have one, but have you guys seen this???

post-2093-1173840266_thumb.jpg

AMEETEC WM-12

$3,400.00

This is an Ameetec WM-12 semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun. Finished in OD Green and is a clone of the infamous USAS-12. Has picatinny rail on upper receiver for your optics. Also comes with two stick mags. Not a DD so it's available for immediate shipping to your FFL. (drum is NOT included but for sale for $600 with purchase of this firearm)

Not a DD...yet...and you can legally buy drums for it.

Never owned one but my uncle in OK does.First fired it in 1994 or so.Uncle lines up 5 silouette targets side by side and after test firing with the stick mag,he lets me cut loose on the 5 targets with the 25 rd drum.Turned all 5 targets into absolute dog meat!!--Most destructive full auto,non military weapon I've ever fired.That's what turned me on to the Saiga-12.Until I can afford the Ameetec-12,the Saiga-12 is one of the FEW things that come close to that experience.--P.S.-Damn you dinzag for posting pics and links giving me a whole new toy to obsess over.Ihope you sleep well,cuz I won't untill I get my grubby little hands on one of those beauties.Just kiddin.Really,thanx for the info. :chris: