Upstate NY Saigas??

Hey all, new to this forum, looks very informative. I'm in the market for my first AK and was considering the WASR-10 because of the price. But then I started reading about the Saiga in 7.62x39........and now I want one of these. My question is, are there any shops around Binghamton/Syracuse area that sell them? I know I can get them online, but I would like to handle one before I buy. Any help would be appreciated.

One of the other moderators here, Indyarms, is from your approximate area. he should know.

Im over on the other side of the state, about halfway between albany and NYC in the woods, or I would sugget the shop I use directly to the south of me.

ANytime you wanna hop in the ol chariot, and drive up... we can hit the range and you can handle them all you want!

Let me know!

I happen to be a director at my sporting club... so we can hook ya up! :up:

:smoke:

• 1 year later...
I just got one at the gunshow in Poughkeepsie this past weekend. Where is "upstate" to you? I live near Peekskill and people think that I'm upstate.

Ignore the islanders, they often think the whole world revolves around them. Upstate should be north of the syracuse area, After all syracuse is considered central new york.

I just got one at the gunshow in Poughkeepsie this past weekend. Where is "upstate" to you? I live near Peekskill and people think that I'm upstate.

Ignore the islanders, they often think the whole world revolves around them. Upstate should be north of the syracuse area, After all syracuse is considered central new york.

That's basically what I think upstate is.

Are there shops that sell Saigas not too far from Middletown NY (Orange county)? So far I've found a 7.62 with skele stock for $320, but it's near Rochester, 4 hours drive for me 1 way :(

I know herb philipsons sells saigas. I dont know how far you are from my area but here ya go

Rome Store|Corporate

300 W. Dominick Street

Rome, NY

315- 336-1300 | office: 315-336-1302

Oneida

Glenwood Plaza

Oneida, NY

315- 363-8080

Herkimer

232 W. Albany Street

Herkimer, NY

315- 866-5556

New Hartford

N.H. Shopping Center

N. Hartford, NY

315- 793-0202

Drove to New Hartford's Herb Philipsons, they still had 7.62, 308 and shotguns. They said the bg check will take a week (they said b/c I'm not local), but they'll reserve a gun for me. I hope no funny legislation will be approved during the next week.

That dont sound good

Drove to New Hartford's Herb Philipsons, they still had 7.62, 308 and shotguns. They said the bg check will take a week (they said b/c I'm not local), but they'll reserve a gun for me. I hope no funny legislation will be approved during the next week.

A week for a background check?!?!?!?!? WTF is up with that? I don't get it.

By the way, did they have any S12's?

Went to herb philipsons yesterday trying to get a x39... they only had 2 saigas in store, a 308, and a S-20. They were however willing to have one shipped from another store for me. Hopefully that works out ok. Price should be about $400 for a x39 saiga with the thumbhole stock.

suposedly "some guy" came in and ordered 2 on Wednesday... All i could think of was Indy, LOL

Herb Philipsons Or Tims in Elbridge usually have a good selection of Saigas, Tims has a large selection of Saigas and SKS and what ever else you want .They have Barnaul 7.62x39 for $129 for 500.Can,t beat that.

I called tims on friday, they don't have any x39s in stock, otherwise i would have driven over there and bought one that day rather than wait on herbs.