Pictures of War Protest in Portland, Oregon.

When Saddam was pissing down our backs and telling US it was raining and 9/11 was fresh in our minds well over 80% of the American people were behind this war. The mission must be supported until victory. At least half of my fellow Americans can go fuck themselves for withdrawing their support for the war and for undermining the troops and their CIC.

because withdrawing support from a lying government is wrong? if you publicly "sell" a conflict using certain arguments, you have to be pretty sure those are valid... you can't say "oops, we lied, but don't worry, we have plenty of other reasons", especially not when you're getting your ass kicked on daily basis. people don't like that and want some easy way out.

as for the public's flipflop, have you never made a wrong choice in the past that you've regretted, Groaner? did you have the balls to admit this to others & yourself?

granted, withdrawal is no viable option due to long term problems in my opinion as well, but others will likely disagree and that is their right.

I don't know that starting violence is the answer but the day one of those MFers tries to block my vehicle will be the day my vehicle drives over the sorry son of a whore. The day they start rioting... it's on. I'm sick of the scumbags that have no other goal in their shit lives but to kill the Capitalist goose that lays ALL of the golden eggs. The Bolsheviks will resort to violence soon enough. Hell they're getting bolder by the minute. Keep your powder dry my fellow patriots, these people think their time is coming soon... and I for one agree with them. :devil:

ah, now it's them filthy commies coming to fight, instead of headchopping muslims, huh?

the only solution for any of your problems that you seem to know is violence...

I don't accept the premise that we were lied to. Everyone on the planet thought Saddam was working on the development of WMDs and he had a history of using them. He acted guilty by stopping the inspections. But most importantly and most conveniently forgotten by liberal shitstains is the FACT that he violated the cease-fire agreement that the US military fought to secure in the first Gulf War. He shot at our pilots(aka TROOPS American liberals claim to support) that were enforcing the no-fly zone. He renewed hostilities with US. The only solution you seem to know is appeasement, good luck with that. As for US... we don't choose violence our enemies do. We are not the aggressors here you nitwit.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We weren't lied to. First off, just because we didn't find WMD in the numbers that we thought, doesn't mean he didn't have them. The dumbass UN inspectors said he did. Where'd they go? Syria? Secondly, WMD is but one of many reasons Bush gave for the war on terror. You can't be for the troops and against the war. The troops are FOR the war. They believe what they are doing is right. They are and I tell them every chance I get.

I think we need to find out if the pictures in this thread are even credible as no one can seem to find the story.

Exactly. Isn't it a bit premature to be threatening "ass kickings" running over people, beating them with bats, filling them with lead, deporting them to Iraq, etc, etc based on a potential hoax?

Anarchist marchers are no more accurate representative of "the left" than neo-nazi skinhead and kkk marchers are accurate representatives of "the right".

I think we need to find out if the pictures in this thread are even credible as no one can seem to find the story.

Exactly. Isn't it a bit premature to be threatening "ass kickings" running over people, beating them with bats, filling them with lead, deporting them to Iraq, etc, etc based on a potential hoax?

Anarchist marchers are no more accurate representative of "the left" than neo-nazi skinhead and kkk marchers are accurate representatives of "the right".

LOL. I would only run over the liberal brownshirt that thinks he has the right to restrict my movement. As to the idea of this being a hoax...that's wishful thinking... there is plenty documentary evidence of these people. All you have to do is look. Why are you lumping all the leftists in with the anarchists? Providing cover?

As to the idea of this being a hoax...that's wishful thinking... there is plenty documentary evidence of these people. All you have to do is look.
I have looked, and so have others. No one has provided a link to one news story substantiating this claim.
As to the idea of this being a hoax...that's wishful thinking... there is plenty documentary evidence of these people. All you have to do is look.
I have looked, and so have others. No one has provided a link to one news story substantiating this claim.

http://www.oregonlive.com/

Go down the left side to where it says Photos - Peace march galleries # 2 and #3 are the most instructive. These people do represent mainstream liberal thought whether you want to believe it or not. BTW... The Oregonian is a paper that leans far laft.

Edited by DaGroaner

Go down the left side to where it says Photos - Peace march galleries # 2 and #3 are the most instructive. These people do represent mainstream liberal thought whether you want to believe it or not. BTW... The Oregonian is a paper that leans far laft.

no arguing that there was a "peace rally", but the F the troops photo i think is what we are looking for some confirmation on....that the oregonian link does not really prove the claim...i dont see any burning effigies in those photos either.

Just looking for real evidence that this is real, and not a photo form maybe another country photoshopped and claimed to be the oregon event.

again....i want very badly to believe that this is photoshopped somehow....

no arguing that there was a "peace rally", but the F the troops photo i think is what we are looking for some confirmation on....that the oregonian link does not really prove the claim...i dont see any burning effigies in those photos either.

Just looking for real evidence that this is real, and not a photo form maybe another country photoshopped and claimed to be the oregon event.

again....i want very badly to believe that this is photoshopped somehow....

Sheesh... tough crowd... marching on the US flag and burning the US flag doesn't get it for you? I'll keep looking...

When Saddam was pissing down our backs and telling US it was raining and 9/11 was fresh in our minds well over 80% of the American people were behind this war. The mission must be supported until victory. At least half of my fellow Americans can go fuck themselves for withdrawing their support for the war and for undermining the troops and their CIC.

because withdrawing support from a lying government is wrong? if you publicly "sell" a conflict using certain arguments, you have to be pretty sure those are valid... you can't say "oops, we lied, but don't worry, we have plenty of other reasons", especially not when you're getting your ass kicked on daily basis. people don't like that and want some easy way out.

as for the public's flipflop, have you never made a wrong choice in the past that you've regretted, Groaner? did you have the balls to admit this to others & yourself?

We were not lied to. Saddam had the weapons in question, but got rid of them(Shipping them out of country; burying them; etc) before we invaded. Just because the Mainstream Media(MSM) has ignored this fact doesn't mean they never existed.

And about this 'point' about us getting our asses kicked on a daily basis, I agree and disagree. Yes, we are getting our butts whooped over there, but not nearly as bad as any other war in history that the U.S. has been involved in, and it is not our military's fault. Adhering to unreasonable Rules of Engagement and political correctness is what is getting our asses tanned over there.

If we went all-out and dished out some real war, then there would be nothing left standing, there would be no terrorist organizations in Iraq left(not discounting the others around the world), no more IEDs, and no excuses from the impotent Iraqi Government as to why they can't control their country.

Yeah, there would be large amounts of civilian casualties, but when aren't there in war?

granted, withdrawal is no viable option due to long term problems in my opinion as well, but others will likely disagree and that is their right.

I don't know that starting violence is the answer but the day one of those MFers tries to block my vehicle will be the day my vehicle drives over the sorry son of a whore. The day they start rioting... it's on. I'm sick of the scumbags that have no other goal in their shit lives but to kill the Capitalist goose that lays ALL of the golden eggs. The Bolsheviks will resort to violence soon enough. Hell they're getting bolder by the minute. Keep your powder dry my fellow patriots, these people think their time is coming soon... and I for one agree with them. :devil:

ah, now it's them filthy commies coming to fight, instead of headchopping muslims, huh?

the only solution for any of your problems that you seem to know is violence...

Contrary to your current beliefs, violence has solved more problems in history than mere diplomatic discourse ever has.

According to history, violence has:

- Ended Slavery(at least in the U.S.)

- Won National Independence

- Defeated Facism

- Liberated Oppressed Countries/Nations

- Defeated Imperialism

- Successfully defeated attacks upon the innocent

- Ended Genocides

Here's what talking accomplished, among others:

- Helped bring an end to the Cold War

- Brought down the Berlin Wall

Here's what appeasement accomplished:

-

To accurately say that the American people were lied to would require evidence of intent, evidence that the Bush administration knew that what they were purporting wasn't true. There is some evidence of that, but not enough, IMHO, to definitively say that they were lying.

Having said that, there can be no disputing the fact that the American people were misled. If you would like me to post a list of misleading quotes which turned out to be completely inaccurate, I certainly will.

The best the Bush administration can claim is poor foresight and egregious ineptitude. Having gotten us into an unwise war on dubious pretenses, they then tried to win it "on the cheap", without going in with overwhelming force (ala Powell Doctrine), and we wound up in a financial, geopolitical, and military quagmire, which leaves our country less secure, with less resources, and cost 3223 of our best and brightest their lives.

Bush, May 2003:

On Thursday, I visited the USS Abraham Lincoln, now headed home after the longest carrier deployment in recent history. I delivered good news to the men and women who fought in the cause of freedom: their mission is complete and major combat operations in Iraq have ended.

thumb-Accomplished.jpg

Edited by layer
To accurately say that the American people were lied to would require evidence of intent, evidence that the Bush administration knew that what they were purporting wasn't true. There is some evidence of that, but not enough, IMHO, to definitively say that they were lying.

Having said that, there can be no disputing the fact that the American people were misled. If you would like me to post a list of misleading quotes which turned out to be completely inaccurate, I certainly will.

The best the Bush administration can claim is poor foresight and egregious ineptitude. Having gotten us into an unwise war on dubious pretenses, they then tried to win it "on the cheap", without going in with overwhelming force (ala Powell Doctrine), and we wound up in a financial, geopolitical, and military quagmire, which leaves our country less secure, with less resources, and cost 3223 of our best and brightest their lives.

Bush, May 2003:

On Thursday, I visited the USS Abraham Lincoln, now headed home after the longest carrier deployment in recent history. I delivered good news to the men and women who fought in the cause of freedom: their mission is complete and major combat operations in Iraq have ended.

thumb-Accomplished.jpg

BDS sufferers are a dime a dozen. Bush never claimed to be a military expert and took the advice of our "best and brightest". Funny how you people always forget our best and brightest being shot at while enforcing a cease-fire. There was nothing dubious about that or Saddam's failure to allow inspections.

You mis-using Bush's statement aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln is all I need to now about the depth of your intellect. You Demonrat schmucks are all alike.

Once again, you administration haters have tried to turn this topic into how poorly you believe our country is being run.

THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT ANTI-AMERICANS OPENLY DISRESPECTING ALL THE THINGS THEY BENEFIT FROM! If you wanna bitch about US Policy, go to that thread here.

Openly despising a system that allows you to despise it wins no supporters.

Also, I've personally seen photos of WMDs being moved the day before we invaded, AND I know someone who IS PERMANENTLY DISABLED because of the chemical weapons he was exposed to over there. He's spent the night at my house, I know some of the drugs he's on, he's had flashbacks in front of me, the whole bit. These sysmptoms are not fake (he used to be a pretty dependable, stable person), and failing to acknowledge them is a deliberate insult to those who put themselves in harms way.

Edited by busy_squirrel
Funny how you people always forget our best and brightest being shot at while enforcing a cease-fire. There was nothing dubious about that or Saddam's failure to allow inspections.

You mis-using Bush's statement aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln is all I need to now about the depth of your intellect. You Demonrat schmucks are all alike.

Look DaGroner, Saddam never "pissed on my back", maybe you shouldn't have been cowering under his urinal. I think you're a coward, yes that's right. Why? Because you go on and on about what a threat these guys are to us, and yet you sit there on your ass at a computer monitor. How about putting your money where your mouth is? Would you like the location of a nearby recruiter? BTW, I'm not a Democrat, a Domonrat or a liberal, so save your insults for someone that cares what idiots like you think.

uhuhh..and still you prolly don't get what I was trying to keep from happening yesterday when I deleted your first post in this thread... :rolleyes:

Ok then have your silly little good time calling people names and spreading the good word of the lib party. I hope you are enjoying yourself! :chris:

Fucking stupid liberals, not you of course!, you prolly call yourself Libertarian or something. I know many who belong to both parties and most of them seem to have one common goal...to walk around in their cloud of self rightiousness and stir up shit every chance they get.

What's wrong with just enjoying life? :rolleyes:

In a thread filled with posts featuring every kind of name calling from asswipes to schmucks, you choose to focus only on mine. :rolleyes:

I don't claim any afiliation to "the left" or "the right", so my behavior is no reflection on anyone. However, all the threats, insults, and foul language from those on the right certainly shows their true colors.

FYI I have been intentionally ignoring this thread because I hate this kind of bullshit so no I have not heard all the other namecalling. I'm just making a point to you to explain my actions yesterday.

I won't be sucked into your argument either so don't even try it. It always makes me feel like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThkzfsTyqAQ

LOL

You know Cobra, you're allright! Thanks for trying to protect me and this forum. I should have taken your advice.

I'm leaving this thread because I too hate bullshit like this. You're right, life is too short.

Just a few clarifications on my way out...

When I said I don't represent anyone, that isn't entirely correct. As a Christian, I represent (poorly) my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In allowing myself to get angry, I did a disservice to Him. :(

DaGroaner, I didn't mean to call you a coward or an idiot, and I don't believe you are. I was upset, and I knew it would make you upset. My bad. Please don't come and beat me up. :(

Juggernaut, there is much wisdom in your posts. This in particular merits some serious consideration:

Tell my ONE sacrifice that WE do as a nation to support our troops.

We hardy act like we deserve the legacy that has been left to us by the greatest generation. We need to destroy our enemy. Not for any religious conflict but simply for the fact that they are EVIL! We cannot win unless we fight as a nation

Amen, brother, amen

LOL

You know Cobra, you're allright! Thanks for trying to protect me and this forum. I should have taken your advice.

I'm leaving this thread because I too hate bullshit like this. You're right, life is too short.

Just a few clarifications on my way out...

When I said I don't represent anyone, that isn't entirely correct. As a Christian, I represent (poorly) my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In allowing myself to get angry, I did a disservice to Him. :(

DaGroaner, I didn't mean to call you a coward or an idiot, and I don't believe you are. I was upset, and I knew it would make you upset. My bad. Please don't come and beat me up. :(

Juggernaut, there is much wisdom in your posts. This in particular merits some serious consideration:

Tell my ONE sacrifice that WE do as a nation to support our troops.

We hardy act like we deserve the legacy that has been left to us by the greatest generation. We need to destroy our enemy. Not for any religious conflict but simply for the fact that they are EVIL! We cannot win unless we fight as a nation

Amen, brother, amen

It's cool we all say things we don't mean. Stuff like that rolls right off my back and I don't have the time(or the memory) to hold grudges. :smoke:

can't edit that for some reason, sorry to double post:

Thanks for the flag poem Juggs, back when I was a private, my CSM used to always quote that whole thing whenever we had our "deployment update briefs" in between 11sep01 and 7Mar03 (the day we shipped out, 1st time) I hadn't heard it since. It used to really irritate me to hear it, but I've seen a WHOLE lot more of the world now, I appreciate it quite a bit more.

Side note - These types of things piss me off when I see the liberal media putting them out, because they generally don't take a side. Seeing it here, and seeing 86 replies against it in one day just re-assures me (us?) that this is not the majority, as much as the media would like people to think. There ARE good people out there who, no matter how against the war they are, would NEVER do something like this. I wish the media would display things like this and add a caveat: "This is not okay......."

can't edit that for some reason, sorry to double post:

Thanks for the flag poem Juggs, back when I was a private, my CSM used to always quote that whole thing whenever we had our "deployment update briefs" in between 11sep01 and 7Mar03 (the day we shipped out, 1st time) I hadn't heard it since. It used to really irritate me to hear it, but I've seen a WHOLE lot more of the world now, I appreciate it quite a bit more.

Side note - These types of things piss me off when I see the liberal media putting them out, because they generally don't take a side. Seeing it here, and seeing 86 replies against it in one day just re-assures me (us?) that this is not the majority, as much as the media would like people to think. There ARE good people out there who, no matter how against the war they are, would NEVER do something like this. I wish the media would display things like this and add a caveat: "This is not okay......."

The problem as I see it: The people spoke through their elected Reps when the war resolution was on the table. The gave Bush the authority to go to war knowing full well that he would and more than that URGING him to do so. Hillary Clinton and John Kerry were IN FACT very forceful in arguing for the war. I'm not going to find the quotes but they are out there and can easily be found by anyone who cares about remembering(learning) the truth. We the people spoke loudly and chose to go to war. Once in it the Democrats chose to gain political power by attacking Bush instead of truly supporting our military through to victory. They are using the troops as pawns while talking out the side of their neck about how they support the troops. Bush doesn't run the war the Pentagon does. The President would be foolish not to defer to the people in the Pentagon, after all these are career military people who have graduated from war colleges and who live and breathe the science of modern warfare everyday. Our military institutions aren't personally run by our Presidents. Bush has only very grudgingly and very recently dared to make changes there.Make no mistake, when you say Bush is doing a poor job running this war you really mean the military is. Bush is no pussy he sits their and refuses to defend himself out of respect for our military. The saddest part of all... this is the best run occupation in the history of modern warfare. We have never had so few KIAs in an action of this size and scope. The fact that foreign al-qaeda went to Iraq to fight us is a positive unless you prefer to meet them in say... the shopping malls of America. The fact that this wasn't foreseen is no ones fault, least of all Bush's. How is the President supposed to account for what the enemy is going to do? It's just idiocy and I am so sad that so many of my fellow Americans are so hateful they can't see what is plain as fucking day. Our military is doing an unbelievably good job. I'm glad that Bush made a change in the military leadership and wish he would have done it sooner but that's hindsight. I also totally understand why he would be so hesitant to do so. Anyone that says this war is being run poorly knows very little about the history of warfare. This is as efficient as it has EVER been. 58,000+ dead in Vietnam. 50,000+ dead in just the D-Day invasion when it could easily be argued that we should have let Stalin finish it because 50,000 more was too many. Most of the antis' criticism is really of our military and being directed at Bush for political purposes, "Mission Accomplished" being a perfect example. I find it incredible that the same people who whine about Valerie Plame are the ones that say Bush lied when it was the CIA that told Bush that WMDs in Iraq were and I quote "a slamdunk". Her husband Joseph Wilson lied in his NY Times editorial to damage public support for the war. How can all these supposed cynics turn a blind eye to such deceit? The Plames are absolute traitors. The people who supported this war in the beginning and then withdrew that support are either fools or SCUM. I have little patience for either.

Edited by DaGroaner

DaGroaner, Well put. Anyone want to remind the leftist, there support for our enemies let them butcher 3.5 million in Southeast Asia. So much for protecting human rights. Must have been our fault. Or the 1000's butchered in Central America by their leftist pals. Know, how many more have to be put into mass graves under liberal policies. Anybody remember Rowanda or all the other places people are slaughtered. Leftest/Liberals seem to be the only one who believes putting panties on someones head is worse than mass murder, rape rooms, and living every day in fear. :smoke: Hate to offend those who will behead anyone who disagrees with them.