I bought my wife a used bersa .380, and every now and then I'll get a misfire. I've checked the dimples left on the primer, and they're considerably shallower than the rest of the empties. I think I put 4 mags through it on Sun, and 3 rounds did this. Any ideas? I've tried 2 types of ammo on it, and they'll both do it. worn firing pin? why the inconsistancy in the primer strike? Thanks guys.

I bought my wife a used bersa .380, and every now and then I'll get a misfire. I've checked the dimples left on the primer, and they're considerably shallower than the rest of the empties. I think I put 4 mags through it on Sun, and 3 rounds did this. Any ideas? I've tried 2 types of ammo on it, and they'll both do it. worn firing pin? why the inconsistancy in the primer strike? Thanks guys.

I think its because its a Bersa. You generally get what you pay for with firearms and Bersa's are pretty cheap. Other than that it sounds like its the firing pin. Have you taken it apart and closely cleaned and visually inspected it?

haven't taken it down since that incident, but I've had it apart before. Never got down to removing the firing pin, I'll have to fiddle with it. Funny, I've heard a lot of people say they've had 100% reliability with 'em. I'll get her figgured out though.

Shane

haven't taken it down since that incident, but I've had it apart before. Never got down to removing the firing pin, I'll have to fiddle with it. Funny, I've heard a lot of people say they've had 100% reliability with 'em. I'll get her figgured out though.

Shane

I've had problems with the mag on my Bersa. Of course I am using Monarch green box. It kind of leaves a sticky sand like residue. But when I clean the follower on the mag everything is great.

I've read a few reviews about the Bersa vs. other similar pistols. The Bersa ($200) came out the best for value against all of them. Walthers PPk's ($500) are over priced, Sigs .380 ($500) are great but just too much money, Colt Mustang .380 ($600) again another great pistol, but too much money.

I have however heard great things about the CZ's in .380. and I don't think they're that expensive if you pick up a military surplus one.

Anyways, your problem does sound you might have grit or a broken firing pin. Hope you figure it out! let us know.

I never had any issues with mine. I think I ran over 800-900 rounds through it.

Magtech +P & Wolf FMJ - loved that little puppy.

I'd clean it good in there - sounds like crud interfering with pin travel.

If it was broke, all off 'em would have light hits.

I think its because its a Bersa. You generally get what you pay for with firearms and Bersa's are pretty cheap. Other than that it sounds like its the firing pin. Have you taken it apart and closely cleaned and visually inspected it?

ya know Saigas were cheap once too...

Bring it over. We'll fix the firing pin and put a muzzle brake on it :)

Funny, I totally forgot I had a shit hot gunsmith like 3 miles from my house. I guess I just figured your "scope" was only as wide as AK variants!!

Thanks Steve, I'll give ya' a ring soon, btw, the 308 is shootin' straight now.

Shane

I've had problems with the mag on my Bersa. Of course I am using Monarch green box. It kind of leaves a sticky sand like residue. But when I clean the follower on the mag everything is great.

I've read a few reviews about the Bersa vs. other similar pistols. The Bersa ($200) came out the best for value against all of them. Walthers PPk's ($500) are over priced, Sigs .380 ($500) are great but just too much money, Colt Mustang .380 ($600) again another great pistol, but too much money.

I have however heard great things about the CZ's in .380. and I don't think they're that expensive if you pick up a military surplus one.

Anyways, your problem does sound you might have grit or a broken firing pin. Hope you figure it out! let us know.

I'd take a Makarov over any of the .380s listed above. You get a better cartridge and absolute reliability.

my stepmother's thunder 380 only had issues with one brand of ammo, and for the life of me, I cannot remember which it was, but it was a flat nosed solid round. I want to say it was cci blaser, but I am not sure now.

other than that, before she took it to florida with her, we were hitting stationary clays with it from about 30 yards fairly consistantly with it, and it never had an issue.

if you want a better round, and still like the gun, go with a frangible. the frangibles out now will drop you dead out of a .25acp

I'd take a Makarov over any of the .380s listed above. You get a better cartridge and absolute reliability.

I would too, but as I said, this is my wife's gun, look and feel were a big factor.

Shane

So get her a Pearce grip and get some pink duracoat. :haha:

So get her a Pearce grip and get some pink duracoat. :haha:

You wouldn't be laughing if you knew how much she would like that.......

She tried to show me a pink beretta .25 at a gun show, she hasn't been to one since.... :chris:

:lolol: LMAO!