Do Saiga's have bad triggers?

I just bought two of the 7.62x39 rifles. They are in the mail to my FFL. I have read several posts on other boards about how bad the triggers are. Is this true? I was planning to leave them in stock configuration.

Any opinions?

The triggers on the .308s are awkward, they sort of move up more than back, they're ideal for conversion. The triggers on other calibers aren't as weird, but thery certainly aren't match triggers. Comperable to an SKS or a little better, a bit of use wear and polish can improve them. If you convert the rifle to use a G2 fcg, it will reduce the pull to 3-4 Lbs and is a distinct improvement. You could also inquire with BRG3 if you want an improved USA made G2 trigger group but don't want to do the pistol grip conversion.

Yes, compared to a target rifle or a good AR Saigas they have horrible triggers. They're heavy, gritty, and some are prone to trigger slap.

For a $275 rifle, however, I think the trigger (and every other part of the gun) is great. I love my Saiga, "bad" trigger and all.

As has been stated, te 7.62 trigger and the 410 one for that matter, are not spectacular, but are certainly adequate. The 308 trigger is awful, like someone said already, it moves up more than back. Very awkward.

If your looking for a nice, clean, crisp trigger you'll have to do some work. For a good plinker or "knock around rifle" its adequate, Just a little flexy, mushy feel.

I didnt mind the stock one on my 410, but after converting I cant go back to the stock trigger. When I bought the rest of my Saiga's afterwards, the stock trigger bothered me.

Edited by chris410

I would not say that my .308 had a BAD trigger, it just had the absence of a good trigger. I saved the trigger to copy for my own US made trigger (I plan to cut off the bottom of a tapco G2 and add a copy of the .308 trigger to it) for a saiga that I might pick up later this year.

The upward movement is distracting if you have been shooting other rifles with more normal triggers.

i shot my first saiga and i will say this the play is more than i am really used to but it is easy to shoot. i found instead of using he pad of my finger like i do with my other rifles i use the finger to the first joint which helps with the long pull. i found i could group much better using this method of shooting. well worth a try. just move the finger thru the guard and around the trigger and you will see your sight picture get more stable than with the finger pad method of pulling the trigger. i also found that when i shoot to the first joint and pull in the play it is a bit longer but very managable and i am going to buy one for me as soon as my ffl dealer gets the new ones in. a fun rifle to shoot and i want one for deer and hogs. the mouting of the scope is outstanding as well but i am going to use some kind of home made cheek rest to keep my head up and see the scope easier unless there is one out there aomeone can tell me where to get it lol.

enjoy the weapons they are a blast to shoot

rob k