The C-More Lightweight Shotgun system

Those Mags look VERY familiar....... :eek:

That's sooo freaking awesome! I wonder why it's straight pull instead of pump action....? I would think that straight pull would be more cumbersome.

I wonder if this is a sign that we will have domestically produced saiga mags? If so, I'm hoping for some 8 rounders! :smoke:

Arent shotguns against the hague convention since they cause too much maiming and are of too large a caliber? Then again the US might only be a party to geneva and not hague (possibly I think) which raises the question of why we dont use hollow points in the 9mm sidearm.

More on topic, isnt that a saiga mag?

I think a good automatic shotgun would be a great infantry tool, especially for city fighting. A USAS 12 with a 30 rd drum would have a lot of parts commonality with the M16 and it would be devastatingly effective.

i think someone in the army bitched to the right guy and got something done for a change.

steel buckshot would work wonders out of an automatic shotgun on alots of things. I bet you could almost shoot an RPG down with that......

theres that 14" shotgun barrel i was talking about in another thread......

Edited by Bvamp

I knew it was a Saiga mag, I was just being silly. :ded: Also, I guess it would be weird to have a pump with the mag in the way....

I've seen plenty of pics of US soldiers carrying shotguns. They might be used for room entry purposes, but they have that big ass crowbar thing for that. I read in SOF that the shotgun is becoming a popular weapon amonst troops in Iraq. Being able to engage(and kill) targets even out to 50yds. Hell, they've used .50cals on people, that's not exactly humane.

An auto shotgun would be great, to bad they can't have the Jackhammer!!! Now that thing was freaking sick. :super:

In the October issue of Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement, in the New For Swat column there is a short write-up about thee Auto Assault 12 in development by Military Police system. What the hell, it's a short article, I'll just type it out for y'all.

Now in final development, the Auto Assault 12 full automatic shotgun is a straight-line design that's gas operated, firing from an open bolt. Working off the constant recoil principle, the bolt group of the A-12 does not stop against a shoulder, but is slowed by a long 2-stage recoil spring, thus eliminating most of the recoil. The AA-12's versatile pull-through triggr system allows either single shots or full-auto fire at a cyclic rate of 500 rounds per minute (rpm).

Made of special corrosion-resistant stainless steel and high strength synthetic, the AA-12 needs no lubrication, and accepts 8-round box magazines as well as 20-round and 32-round drum magazines. Accepting 13 to 18-inch quick-change barrels, the AA-12 can also mount an M16 bayonet. For information, contact Military Police System, 1356 Enterprise Rd., Dept. GW/LE, Piney Flats, TN 37686; 423-391-0250.

The caption on the photo says:

Military Police System new Auto Assault 12 is a selective fire shotgun with extremely mild recoil due to its innovative mechanism.

Just wish I had a scanner so I could post this pic. Can't seem to find a pic on the net. It looks omething like a cross between a USAS -12 and a Saiga-12.

Edited by ozone_00

I heard some time ogo that unkle Sam had bought up all the s-12 mags for a new shotty. Looks like that under barell unit is the one! I would bet that they are using PM 'door busters' in that thang! :killer: (OPEN SEZ ME!)

G O B

By the by, the C-more LSS is designed for door breaching applications. the straightpull doesn't make it a very efficient combat weapon. It's done instead of a pump to keep the shotgun light, and ergonomic to use in the underslung position.

Also, RE Hague, I think the Hague convention applies only to war. And, just like in Vietnam, I don't believe Congress actually declared war on Iraq. Kinda funny, eh?

We use the M12 shotgun for combat engineers... They use is for "door breaching", but it tends to be loaded with buckshot.. good luck bad guys :osama::killer: and if you want to talk about war conventions, then you need to pay special attention to what the CIA/NSA wear... no uniforms... therefore much looser convention applications.. :ph34r: kinda like ninjas anyways, i think a good field load at 25 meters could do an arab good....and i'd hate to be on the wrong end of a ranger that can select between 12ga short barrel and .223 M16 rounds... have a good one guys, and sleep easy, there are still men on the wall... ~Rowdy