After several inquiries, the staff of this forum has decided to increase the contributer's PM box size from 200 messages, to 275 messages. This small change was implemented last night. We are reviewing server space, bandwidth, and all that fun stuff, and are working on increasing this limit a little more, and also increasing the business members' boxes as well.

As of right now, the PM box limits are as follows:

members: 50

contributers: 275

business members: 500

moderators: 10,000 (for historical referencing and such)

as usual, any input or thoughts from you all are very much appreciated.

yes, she was the last of several inquires about it. to answer another question that she had, about contributions and it directly relating to each user's PM box size limit. It cannot be done. the PM box size is changed for the ENTIRE group of users, not individually.

also, the regular non-contributing members' boxes will not be increased in size. the reason for this, is adding just another 50 PM's to thier boxes, across 5000 people, would be a TREMENDOUS increase in stored data on our hosting server, which is a lot to ask from us for free. we would much rather use that space to allow contributing members and business members to have more space in thier boxes, and just all around leave more space for other traffic on this site.

I hope that everyone understands this reasoning.

yes, she was the last of several inquires about it. to answer another question that she had, about contributions and it directly relating to each user's PM box size limit. It cannot be done. the PM box size is changed for the ENTIRE group of users, not individually.

also, the regular non-contributing members' boxes will not be increased in size. the reason for this, is adding just another 50 PM's to thier boxes, across 5000 people, would be a TREMENDOUS increase in stored data on our hosting server, which is a lot to ask from us for free. we would much rather use that space to allow contributing members and business members to have more space in thier boxes, and just all around leave more space for other traffic on this site.

not that you need our understanding... lol

it sounds more than fair...

i cannot believe that ot of 5k+ members only 175 of us are contributors

top that ... members say they are leaving because they can't post in the WTS thread

that is unbelievable to me

this is the only forum i have ever been on and i had to ASK a moderator how to contribute due to the fact that the forum makes it subtle enough that i couldn't find the instructions... that's pretty non-demanding i figure... in fact i bet the other forums are less lax than than this forum and for that i love it here

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the upgrade!

it's to bad higher contributers can't get more storage than lessor contributors such as myself... as i am poor

i would gladly yield some of my space to those that are more generous!

BVAMP could it be made that there are more than 1 contributor group and divy up pm's accordingly

Yeah, I talked to Cobra about this a bit ago. I want it understood I'm not talking about levels of contributions. All I meant was the difference between those that contribute regularly and those that do once and never again. I really am not worried about this. I'm just happy with the extra space. I know I'm new here and am not asking for special treatment. Just wanted a little more room for my PM's and I got it. Personally, I don't think members who don't contribute to this forum deserve any more space. Not trying to be a bitch here but that's just the way I feel. I've been pretty vocal about this. I just don't think $5 is so much to ask. If I can afford it, and all these people are on a computer, they can too. My ex still isn't paying me but that isn't Max's fault. I use this forum and I owe to it's upkeep. I know it's expensive and too many people expect something for nothing. I know there are alot of people that donate their knowledge but I really have a problem with people that make money here without giving any.

we do appreciate all the comments, people. we all thought you would like it. I have the go-ahead to add some more space for contributers as well as business members, which I am about to do here, when I post this. your inbox used percentage will lower some more. We all here think that this is only fair to support those of you that support us, however we can do so. We are sorry that there is only so much that we can do for you.

KySoldier, advertising information is finally going to be availible in the near future. I actually have the time and clear mindedness that I need to take what the staff here has discussed, and draw up a rough draft this week for them to review and adjust as a group. The information, once it has gotten the OK from everyone, will be posted in clear view for everyone. I noticed that the contributions link/page/infomation is in desperate need of updating as well.

Racegal: we already have two levels of contributers, contributers and business members. maybe you are correct in that there should be a REGULAR contributer user rank as well, but I am not sure that there is a way to implement it without automation. IOW, a new contributyer group, like the business members group, would have to be HAND permissioned by admins. I guess that isnt a lot to do for someone that regularly contributes, or has contributed past a certain amount. I will run that by the boss and the rest of the staff.

mccumber, see above answer to racegal for your one question. as for the number of contributers,

as of RIGHT NOW there are now 179 contributers. the staff here and all the others here, I am sure, thank you for your support.

the ONLY subforum that regular members MAY NOT start topics in, (only contributers, business members, and staff members may START a topic in it), is the FOR SALE subforum. all members may still start topics in the OTHER subforums of the for sale section, such as the WTB or WTT sections, and feedback sections. This was done for a reason, and it was intentional.

the PM box sizes are now as follows:

regular members: 50

contributers: 375

Business members: 650

I tried my best to explain why we wont increase the regular member PM boxes. I am sorry if I didnt explain it correctly or if I seem rude about it. I tried to explain the reasons accurately and plainly. If it did not come across in that manner, I apologise.

the PM box sizes are now as follows:

regular members: 50

contributers: 375

Business members: 650

I tried my best to explain why we wont increase the regular member PM boxes. I am sorry if I didnt explain it correctly or if I seem rude about it. I tried to explain the reasons accurately and plainly. If it did not come across in that manner, I apologise.

That's totally awesome with me. Thanks a bunch.