Well I got my last conversion done.

Well I got my parts in to finish everything, five conversions done.

From right to left:

Saiga-.223

Saiga-20 (my brothers)

Saiga-12

Saiga-7.62x39

Saiga-.308

Orange box is full of hunting (turkey loads and steel shot) shotgun shells, the other boxes are .223 7.62x39 .308 ammo (2500 rounds total) 14 AK magazines, 5 galil orlites, I need to add a couple five round magazines for my 12 gauge still.

Thanks for all the help, I don't think I would have done any of the conversions if it had not been for this site. I have my fill of AK based rifles for the time but if money permits I will likely do something RPK-ish in the future.

thewholefamily.jpg

Yes sir, that is one fine looking group of Saigas. One question, where did you find the 308 ammo? I just ordered some from CTD, but only ordered enough to have a few extras laying around. I'd be interested in 500/1000 or more if the price was right.

Again, good looking collection. Let me know when you want me to come over and try them all out! (LOL)

Joe

Yeah the wood is my work as is the stock on the .223, the plastic stock on the .223 is the front and back of the saiga stock and PVC pipe (I met compliance even if I count the stock as imported). I used a Y fitting and 3/4 PVC pipe that is then filled with scrap fiber glass and epoxy, you could drive stakes with the stock. I had it on my 12 gauge before the T6 came in and had shot maybe 150 rounds with it. Seems fine.

As for the ammo, I got it from a little shop in town that I bought a number of rifles from, they don't have anymore .308 or I would buy it. I do need to get a compact scope ordered for the .308, you can see that the stock is set high for a better fit when using a scope.

I got a better deal than this but they are one of the few that have .308 in stock. If you buy 1000 rounds it works out to about 7.50 a box before shipping (CTD has high shipping)

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_100

Edited by csspecs