check out what broke off my saiga.

This part broke while i was shooting, it isent needed for the weapon to function so I just took it off and shot without it.

I took this part off my other shotgun as well because the POS broke and the shotgun dosent need it.

The front sight flew off at some point while i was firing a mag off rapid fire and i lost it so i have to ask the question, What size thread is the front sight so i can buy a replacement?

IMG_3928.jpg

This part broke while i was shooting, it isent needed for the weapon to function so I just took it off and shot without it.

I took this part off my other shotgun as well because the POS broke and the shotgun dosent need it.

The front sight flew off at some point while i was firing a mag off rapid fire and i lost it so i have to ask the question, What size thread is the front sight so i can buy a replacement?

IMG_3928.jpg

i think you do need that piece... it helps steer the spring

call RAAC

IT HAPPENNED TO MY BUDDY... THEY HOOKED HIM UP WITH A NEW ONE

As far as I can see, that part is nothing more than a dust cover. I took mine off and threw it away the day I got the gun, as I knew sooner or later it would do what yours just did... probably in the middle of a 3-gun stage. My S12 has run flawlessly ever since. Its an AK for goodness sakes - if it can't take a little dust, what is the world coming to ?

As far as I can see, that part is nothing more than a dust cover. I took mine off and threw it away the day I got the gun, as I knew sooner or later it would do what yours just did... probably in the middle of a 3-gun stage. My S12 has run flawlessly ever since. Its an AK for goodness sakes - if it can't take a little dust, what is the world coming to ?

lol... that is a very good point

hey mike... is that the grip you where talking up... how bout a pic of that on the gun please

oh yah... the bead... tromix has them

Edited by mccumber1916

front sight thread is f. oddball its like 7 x 4mm or something like that. i posted a thread long time ago yo may be able to search it. anyway if not tromix knows he has good idea for it weld over front bead location smooth finish it then retap it with american standard threading so anything you buy will fit. the way it is now only russian bead will fit. with metric setup.

I've had it happen on mine too, my gun has had a few thousand rounds through it though, some on the wrong gas setting.

I just drilled two quarter inch holes in the cover and TIGed it back in place to the steal holder; its much more solid now.

Edited by Genocide
  • 3 weeks later...

lol... that is a very good point

hey mike... is that the grip you where talking up... how bout a pic of that on the gun please

oh yah... the bead... tromix has them

I havent been back here in a while, mccumber1916 in this picture you can see the grips on the bottom two.

my saigas

The command arms UPG47 grips for AK's are awsome. I cant say the same for their ARS sniper stock the POS broke on me right out of the box, i mailed it back and havent got anything back from them on it yet. The bottom one will be changed out to all black stocks, whenever i get arround to ordering the black galil handguard and swaping the parts.

The saiga w/ folding stock dosent have the rail forend or m900 on it anymore, becaue the rail broke while i was firing it. I was left holding a flashlight in one hand and the saiga in my other. I wouldent buy the rail forend.

I have to say I have had more problems with these shotguns then any other gun I have ever owned. I think i have all the wrinkles ironed out now.

Edited by mike123456

The stock is a magpul CTR carbine stock at magpul.com I believe they are $92.00 The vltor stock adaptor http://www.vltor.com/accessory.htm (the buffertube for the AK) Is like $90.00 It screws right on to any stock saiga.

ETA go to commandarmsaccessories.com to order the UPG47 grips they are $40.00 ea with the rubber front and backs inserts, they also make a hard plastic one for $30

Edited by mike123456