Converting to full auto?

Individuals can have full auto weapons that existed before 1986, guns after that are restricted to those with class 2 (NFA Manufacturer) and class 3 (NFA Dealer) licenses. I've seen a Saiga .410 for sell, but it isn't "fully" transferable, just a dealer sample.

I would suggest none of you ask how to do this to a saiga...there was a young kid who did so repeatedly a while back and was banned. The guys on here are pretty serious about that stuff.

Okay, let's calm down now...it was just a question for cryin out loud...

I was seeking a legitamate dealer that could do such legally, not looking for a how-to guide to do it in my living room...I was unfamiliar with the legality of it and was curious...isn't that what informational forums are for? to ask questions?...You don't have to be nasty about it, emclean...or were you trying to be witty? Nevermind, don't answer that...I don't want you to bite my head off again...

• 2 months later...

wait a sec here...

Can you fill me in on the statutes, please... The way you make it sound... ANYONE can have a full auto gun if it was made before 1986. obviously it would have to be MANUFACTURED as a full auto, and not a semi auto conversion... am I right on that part?

Still, that doesnt seem right to me... dont you still need to have special tax stamps, or permits? or whats the deal there?

I honestly DONT KNOW... and it makes me VERY curious.

You can have a machinegun that was manufactured OR converted and registered before the 1986 ban. These are considered "fully transferable" and do require a $200 tax stamp and an ATF background check that'll take about 3-4 months. Its really not that bad, just takes a little while. You can have any machinegun you want if you just have the money. There are M60s, MG42s, Miniguns, Uzis, just about anything. Now guns made after the '86 ban will require the proper federal license so don't get your hopes up for an HK UMP or FN P90.

Just make sure your state has no laws against it and that there is someone like a sheriff of chief of police willing to sign you paperwork. I bought an M11/9 and can't find anyone to sign yet <_<

I need to save my pennies, then.... Cause I think a GE Minigun will make the PERFECT home defense weapon!

mount that bad boy on the roof, with a laser tracking sight... and a joystick control... It doesnt have to have any bullets IN IT.... just the PRESENCE will deter most folks from even DRIVING down your road!!!

Thanks for the post, though... I will look into that...$200 for the tax stamp is easy...

and a few month wait for the paperwork is also no problem...

so do I apply for the paperwork and send in my $200.00, and then FINALLY when they send me back the deal, I have to have local police sign off on it? or they have to do all that before I send it in to the ATF?

Paperwork was always a pain in the ass... LOL

You make it sound like I'm kidding here...

http://www.urban-armory.com/class3.htm

Once you find a gun you want, if it is registered to an individual out of state you must transfer it to a class III dealer in your state wich requires you to send in the dealer's paperwork and your $200 and then when its approved, you file your paperwork and another $200. BEFORE you send in your form, you get someone in your county to sign it stating that your area has no laws prohibiting it and that they have no reason to think you'll use it in a crime.

If the gun you want is already in a dealer's hands somewhere in the country, like the link above, then they can transfer to a dealer in your state without any charge. But, all dealers that do your transfer will charge $50-100 just for the service.

Any questions, let me know.

You make it sound like I'm kidding here...

http://www.urban-armory.com/class3.htm

Once you find a gun you want, if it is registered to an individual out of state you must transfer it to a class III dealer in your state wich requires you to send in the dealer's paperwork and your $200 and then when its approved, you file your paperwork and another $200. BEFORE you send in your form, you get someone in your county to sign it stating that your area has no laws prohibiting it and that they have no reason to think you'll use it in a crime.

If the gun you want is already in a dealer's hands somewhere in the country, like the link above, then they can transfer to a dealer in your state without any charge. But, all dealers that do your transfer will charge $50-100 just for the service.

Any questions, let me know.

This exactly tactic of massive regulation and high processing charges is known to be extremely potent against violent criminals, gangs and organized crime who all have a very high respect for US law.

AK firecontroll groups pretty much interchange. HOWEVER the HOLE for the 3rd. pin makes the reciever ILLEGAL. 2 holes-OK. 3 holes-machinegun. It dosen't make anydifference if you only have the s/a firecontroll group. 3 holes=machine gun to BATFE.

G O B

hey now, *I* am the resident troll here. there can only be one.....a lot of these guys just barely tolerate me as it is. any more trolls and ill be getting the boot with them.

saiga20inmyhome: just learn how to bump fire your gun. same effect, you cant barely aim a full auto shotgun as it is. from the hip is 10% less accurate, so whats the difference?

ol' smokie...i'm gonna correct you because you ARE wrong....i mentioned the subject ONE TIME, at the start of this posting...i was questioning it because i was unfamiliar with the law, so shut your mouth...at no point in your rambling, incoherant posting did you contribute any kind of meaningful thought...nobody asked you anything, so keep your worthless opinion to yourself...in the meantime, i've got a pill you can take...

bvamp-tried bump firing, but didn't satisfy me..i've seen plenty of videos of guys shooting full autos and they were pretty accurate with them...plus i'm a taller and bigger guy so i can control some of those heavy hitters pretty good...

i think this subject has been blown way out of proportion...i think we can let this one die, ok fellas?

• 2 weeks later...

This is bullshit! I asked allmost the same question that the guy that started this post did and got FLAMED for it. is'nt knowlege power?

i understand that it is illegal to convert a saiga to fully auto but its not illegal to

know how to do it or tell others how!! i just wanted to know what mods would have to be done and there is no harm in striveing 4 knowlege and that is all i was doing!!

deleating my post was bullshit when this form is here to answer questions and help others! and by the way i fould a website with a fully detaled diagram of how to convert a saiga 12 to fully auto!! so thanks for nothing!!!

Sorry for the post i know what every 1 is saying!i did not think about the unwanted attention it would draw to the site if "they" seen it!

i wont post no more stupid questions again!

*edited for the above*

lithium

Edited by lithium

we understand lithium. no problem. now you know. like i said, some of our public servant that frequent this board get VERY upset at posts like that, and as I want this to be a welcome and inviting forum for them too, it is not only frowned upon, but is something we just dont talk about here.