30 Years Later.........Another go at it......

In about 1986, I finally had enough of that POS Colt AR, and sold it and never looked back..................Went to AK's and the old reliable WWII/Korea military rifles. The thought of another AR never crossed my mind, what with the sour taste my experience with them left......... What I can tell from looking at a lot of the AR Forums, as to their problems and how finicky they are.......I saw no reason to change my mind about it.

Then, a friend of mine (Ash,......Bob Ash) got me looking at his AR.....said he'd run 3000 rounds through it without cleaning it WITH NO PROBLEMS !!!! I mean, running cheap ammo through it, 3000 rounds, no cleaning......no problems..... Whew........ So, late last year, I ordered mine from Tony at TROMIX.

As we all know, Tony is the Fucking Wizard of Saiga conversions, and widely known as such........Tony also does amazingly innovative stuff with the AR platform !!!! .458 SOCOM AR is still a concept I'm in awe of................

So, this month Tony says the rifle is ready!!! TR-15 TROMIX .223 !!!! Fully a TROMIX weapon, tuned as only Tony can do it.........best fit I've ever seen on an AR. Snug and tight......flawless. I, of course, got the BOB ASH MODEL......!!!

Bottom line is, now I feel like I have a wife and a girlfriend......Swore I'd never own another AR, and I guess that's really right......'cause now I have a TR !!!!

(Truly technical questions as to the amazing function of this gun, and the method and extent of Tony's wild ability with this platform, should best be addressed to Tony and/or Bob...........hell, I just shoot it !! )

More pictures later, in better light............

post-3950-1184213572_thumb.jpg post-3950-1184213653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E

I am extremely jealous and have a lack of wording, here.

I am not endorsing tromix, but guys, let me tell ya, I seen some of his frankenwork, and from seeing that....

better buy one. its a shameless endorsement, but its the truth. you wont find any better out there.

Since most of you guys only know Tony through his work with Saigas, it may suprise you to know that he became famous making custom ARs.

There is even a Tromix Sledgehammer AR available for the "Rainbow Six" video game.

I remember when Tromix was defined by big bore and other custom ARs.

Somewhere around here I have an old shotgun news that had an article on a big bore AR, they consulted this Tony guy at Tromix and I was amazed because he was on the forum and so approachable.

Jeaux E. :super: Nice weapon, yet where did you get the chair cushion? SWEET. :super: Just my smart ass coming out. :devil::smoke:

I'll try and get some better pics of the TR-15 up sometime this weekend........It's a truly sweet gun.

As to the chair cushion........It's a TACTICAL special ass-cushion I picked up at Ass-Cushions-R-Us in Tulsa on Tuesday morning, after a Monday spent with Tony and Bob involving beer and whiskey.............The guy assured me it was the only cushion I should have for pictures of weapons in poor light............. :smoke:

(Again, thanx for everything, Tony, Bob, & M !!!! See y'all soon.........)

• 2 weeks later...