i was finnishing the heating system in a house out in the country one day...

i was walking out the door towards my truck and yikes...

it was fucking huge... luckily it was only a 5 foot gopher snake

scared the shit outa me at first though

couldn't leave it in their house... took it to the petsore to see what type

then it happened... got loose in the cab of my worktruck

took me 3 days to catch him... had to keep him as a pet

monty was a good boy.... was a biter too but friendly as hell if you didn't startle him

I know that everybody has already responded but this is the first I have read it. Man, that SUCKS!! It is a good thing that you were right there and could act quickly!! And you pulled the head off of the snake..yikes!! But you all did good, and I hope that Max is ok and heals just fine!!!!! I am sure that you getting him to the vet. right away helped...big time. So GOOD JOB to you!!!

We don't know what we would so if something happened to Petey. He is getting up there in age and we may only have a couple years left but we will make the best of them.

Drew is the one that will be REALLY REALLY heartbroken and beside himself when Petey does die. WE know that it will happen but he and Petey are total buddies, they are together all day, he works at home. So Drew will be super sad when it does happen.

But you all hang in there!!!

Thanks a bunch Mrs. J! :)

I think about Petey sometimes and how Drew talks about him. Y'all love him enough that he will always be there. And we will be here for y'all if anything ever happens to him. LOL! ...I can see him right now snuggled up with his goose and rabbit or whatever that was... :lolol:

I know that everybody has already responded but this is the first I have read it. Man, that SUCKS!! It is a good thing that you were right there and could act quickly!! And you pulled the head off of the snake..yikes!! But you all did good, and I hope that Max is ok and heals just fine!!!!! I am sure that you getting him to the vet. right away helped...big time. So GOOD JOB to you!!!

We don't know what we would so if something happened to Petey. He is getting up there in age and we may only have a couple years left but we will make the best of them.

Drew is the one that will be REALLY REALLY heartbroken and beside himself when Petey does die. WE know that it will happen but he and Petey are total buddies, they are together all day, he works at home. So Drew will be super sad when it does happen.

It's difficult to lose a pet that you've had for some time. Doesn't really matter what it is. It becomes a family member.

It's difficult to lose a pet that you've had for some time. Doesn't really matter what it is. It becomes a family member.

Racegal,i heard that! Like Mrs Juggernault,my dogs are like my kids to me,they take the place of children i never had.Mine are starting to get older and i dread the day one goes..the two are so close the other would be totaly lost,let alone how me and my wife will be.

Hope Maxx does better..keep us informed.

Racegal,i heard that! Like Mrs Juggernault,my dogs are like my kids to me,they take the place of children i never had.Mine are starting to get older and i dread the day one goes..the two are so close the other would be totaly lost,let alone how me and my wife will be.

Hope Maxx does better..keep us informed.

Yup. When I was growing up in VA, we had a poodle. Bouida. Pronounced Boodan. Some kinda of Cajun sausage. Some kinda name for a dog, no? But he got hit by a car. First time I ever saw my Dad cry. If that dog was tied one inch from you, it would drive him carzy. Cried my eyes out when he died.

So what is Max status today? Swelling starting to go down? Keeping food down?

Thanks for asking man. He's doing great today. :) I don't know what all the rest of these pills are supposed to be for...

So what is Max status today? Swelling starting to go down? Keeping food down?

Thanks for asking man. He's doing great today. :) I don't know what all the rest of these pills are supposed to be for...

I'll call V here in a few but I doubt he has to take them all. Except the Cephalexin maybe. It's an antibiotic.

Yeah I hate to keep him doped up all the time if he doesn't really need it. Don't want him to forget who he is...

OK. He needs to keep taking the Cephalexin. And the Prednisone. V said he could get sick if you stopped giving it. It's a steroid. But you can stop giving him the Benadryl and the Tramadol.