Gauging interest in folding FAL X series butstocks.

Okay, this is JUST a very preliminary feeler. What I would like to know is how many of you might be interested in a DSA FAL X series butstock folder. This would happen ONLY under a strict set of circumstances. First, I would have to know that I was not stepping on ANYBODYS toes. I have had an X series stock for about a year now and have been kicking around the idea of either adapting it in a non-folding capacity or fabricating a whole new one in its image for use on Saiga firearms. Then along comes Mat at C&S Metal works with the folder adaptation and I began thinking of doing the same thing AFTER learning that Mat had no more to offer. Secondly, I would make no further discussion of this until after this web site has recieved an appropriate contribution from me. If Mat is planning to make more, I will happily step back from this idea. This modification, although VERY cool, is not the easiest thing in the world to do. It requires fabricating an adapter plate that affixes to an ACE folding hinge and then allows the X stock to attach to it in the same way that it attaches to a FAL rifle. Needless to say, doing all of this with ROCK SOLID sturdiness requires some thought and engineering. But once it was all worked out, it MIGHT not be difficult to move past the one-off/ prototype phase and offer a few for sale. If this thread is in any way offensive, abbrasive or unethical, please moderators, delete it. The purpose of this inquiry is JUST to casualy assess the level of general interest so I know if should just make one or think about the logistics of making ten or twenty. Thanks all for reading this.

I don't have time to do them, myself. I have had lots of requests for them, and I think you'll sell a shitpile of them.

The X-stock is way long, and needs to be shortened a couple inches (can't remember how many) to get the length of pull correct.

Sweet stock for sure, well worth doing.

• 3 weeks later...