Mexican trucks hitting U.S. highways

A few links to help bring some perspective and hopefully shed a little light on the progress being made in Mexico and to demonstrate in a meaningful way how close our cultures really are....

http://homedepot.com.mx/hdmx/esmx/encuentra_tienda.shtml

http://www.walmartmexico.com.mx/

http://www.burgerking.com.mx/FindRestaurant/index.asp

http://www.kfc.com.mx/

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/locator/Vi...TAIL&page=4

With all due respect, I think I'm going to have to agree to disagree. I don't know what it's like where you live, but here, it's bad. They're taking over. They over ran the DMV so bad they closed the tag portion and moved it to Cary, about 15 miles away. They needed more room to give licences to illegals. I have nothing against honest, law abiding Hispanic citizens. But their illegal breatheren give them all a bad name. And a bad taste in most American's mouth. You say cut off the free cheese? You know they're not going to do that. So we just have to get over it. Though I have read a few articles about how they are trying to take away anchor baby citizenship.

BTW, just because I think it will never happen, doesn't mean I won't keep fighting for it. Better to light a match than curse the darkness, right? Someone keeps blowing my match out. :ded:

Better to light a match than curse the darkness, right? Someone keeps blowing my match out. :ded:

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Edit to add: let's hope that America is the flame that never dies

With all due respect, I think I'm going to have to agree to disagree. I don't know what it's like where you live, but here, it's bad. They're taking over. They over ran the DMV so bad they closed the tag portion and moved it to Cary, about 15 miles away. They needed more room to give licences to illegals. I have nothing against honest, law abiding Hispanic citizens. But their illegal breatheren give them all a bad name. And a bad taste in most American's mouth. You say cut off the free cheese? You know they're not going to do that. So we just have to get over it. Though I have read a few articles about how they are trying to take away anchor baby citizenship.

BTW, just because I think it will never happen, doesn't mean I won't keep fighting for it. Better to light a match than curse the darkness, right? Someone keeps blowing my match out. :ded:

WTF is your state doing giving licences to illegals? I will put the blame where it lies... with our own inability to control our fucking state governments. I know they will cut off the govcheez if we make them.

What is it like here? I have an 80% Mexican immigrant workforce that I manage. None are here illegally because I run them through SSI and make damn sure they're legal before I hire them. They are as American as you and I. Most have changed their names to the American version(ie. Alejandro is Alex, Jaime is Jimmy) and have bought homes and plan to live their lives as Americans. I make my livelihood with these people everday and love them like brothers and sisters. Frankly in an era where I find most of my fellow men a serious disappointment, the Mexican men don't disappont me at all. Half of the men that work for me have a female supervisor and treat her with complete respect and loyalty... so all those macho-man stereotypes also fall flat around here. Perhaps there's a bit of me being able to create my own reality at play here since I have control over who works here but like the police chief in my town told me after observing the darkside of man for 35 years as a cop... 13% of EVERYBODY is scum and it doesn't matter what "group" you're talking about. 13% of us are just plain bad. I have yet to see anything in my life that contradicts his observation.

Did you actually click on any of those links?

Edited by DaGroaner

WTF is your state doing giving licences to illegals? I will put the blame where it lies... with our own inability to control our fucking state governments. I know they will cut off the govcheez if we make them.

What is it like here? I have an 80% Mexican immigrant workforce that I manage. None are here illegally because I run them through SSI and make damn sure they're legal before I hire them. They are as American as you and I. Most have changed their names to the American version(ie. Alejandro is Alex, Jaime is Jimmy) and have bought homes and plan to live their lives as Americans. I make my livelihood with these people everday and love them like brothers and sisters. Frankly in an era where I find most of my fellow men a serious disappointment, the Mexican men don't disappont me at all. Half of the men that work for me have a female supervisor and treat her with complete respect and loyalty... so all those macho-man stereotypes also fall flat around here. Perhaps there's a bit of me being able to create my own reality at play here since I have control over who works here but like the police chief in my town told me after observing the darkside of man for 35 years as a cop... 13% of EVERYBODY is scum and it doesn't matter what "group" you're talking about. 13% of us are just plain bad. I have yet to see anything in my life that contradicts his observation.

Respectfully, I wouldn't have even considered posting if I hadn't. I ain't no damn liberal.

You talk about the licences here. Like I said, I keep lighting a match....... I haven't in the past two years because being a single Mom ain't easy...at all. but before then, I donated what I could. Be it money or my time, during election times. Situation here sure as hell ain't my fault. Dole and Burr are pretty good but Price sucks eggs. I've done all I can to get rid of him. And Easley sucks too. I just don't understand how educated Americans can vote for such dumb asses.

The Mexican's here aren't legal. They suck off the government. They hold up lines in the grocery store. Things are different where you work and where I live. I have no interest in getting rid of all Hispanics. Just the ones here illegally. I know many Hispanics here. Two are, were, my son's best friends. One just died on the 1st. Cried my eyes out. Such a good kid. Died way too young. Just trying to show I'm not against all Hispanics.

I know Islamofacists are our biggest threat. But it's not a good idea to forget the second biggest threat. I know a few good fighting men and women fighting the terrorists. Don't know too many fighting our other threat.

This will get REAL interesting when the 1st Mexitruck is involved in a major loss of life accident, and the DOT finds the mexitruck had no brakes or cheap chinese 'clone' parts.

Mexitrucks are not maintained or inspected to US standards. This is an attempt to replace the American trucker. I would say it was an attempt to bury the Teamsters,but letting "thru to destination" mexitrucks means that

instead of shipping to US ports, they can ship to Mexico, and truck it to anywhere USA without any American touching it. Longshoreman and US sailroads will get fucked too. This is not a Union/open shop issue. It's an american worker issue.

NO US port inspection.

NO US labor.

NO US controll whatever.

Bush has never passed up an opportunity to help his Yale and Harvard buddies fuck the American working man.

Welcome to the New World economy. The new one third world economy.

Vote Ron Paul!

(puts titanium hat back into secret vault, slips out of bunker carefully and resumes secret identity)

Hey 1911- hope you remember the new vault combination!

Respectfully, I wouldn't have even considered posting if I hadn't. I ain't no damn liberal.

You talk about the licences here. Like I said, I keep lighting a match....... I haven't in the past two years because being a single Mom ain't easy...at all. but before then, I donated what I could. Be it money or my time, during election times. Situation here sure as hell ain't my fault. Dole and Burr are pretty good but Price sucks eggs. I've done all I can to get rid of him. And Easley sucks too. I just don't understand how educated Americans can vote for such dumb asses.

The Mexican's here aren't legal. They suck off the government. They hold up lines in the grocery store. Things are different where you work and where I live. I have no interest in getting rid of all Hispanics. Just the ones here illegally. I know many Hispanics here. Two are, were, my son's best friends. One just died on the 1st. Cried my eyes out. Such a good kid. Died way too young. Just trying to show I'm not against all Hispanics.

I know Islamofacists are our biggest threat. But it's not a good idea to forget the second biggest threat. I know a few good fighting men and women fighting the terrorists. Don't know too many fighting our other threat.

Whoah there dear lady, I never said you were a liberal. I wouldn't never say such a thing to a Patriot such as yourself. I just couldn't believe a Southern state would do such a thing. Please consider this... the other "threat" isn't fighting US, they are merely showing up to take what we OFFER to improve their lives. The answer to the question is that we need to help Mexico now more than ever to right their ship. They are making significant progress and they do enforce their own border extremely well which has been reducing the number of OTMs which BTW with a tiny handful of exceptions are Central and South Americans not Arabs. A rising tide floats all boats. Mexico is on the rise. If we stop the handouts and attract the right element and make it easy for them to get legal they will assimilate... hell their whole country is trying to assimilate to the American way of life. It is not time to pull away, not now when so much is at stake and so much can be accomplished. Mexico can and should be our best friend in the world. We really shouldn't allow this opportunity to get by US because Chavez is waiting in the wings to convert them to communism and there are almost enough sheeple in Mexico to get it done. Heck we're not that much farther away from the tipping point than they are. Think about it.

What is it like here? I have an 80% Mexican immigrant workforce that I manage. None are here illegally because I run them through SSI and make damn sure they're legal before I hire them. They are as American as you and I. Most have changed their names to the American version(ie. Alejandro is Alex, Jaime is Jimmy) and have bought homes and plan to live their lives as Americans.

Hello, DaGroaner

Well, I don't know of a single State that does not offer drivers licenses to crimigrants, unless WA is on that list. Most states (Texas included) offer the driving test in Spanish, with a Spanish-speaking tester for the road-test. An applicant doesn't even have to be able to read or understand "Stop", Yield", "Proof of Liability Insurance Required", etc.

I believe that was part of California's Prop. 69 that was overturned by an appointed judge. (Funny how a popular vote can be overturned by a single, appointed person....)

Thanks to the pioneering efforts by BofA and WAMU, crimigrants can now receive mortgages, bank accounts, and credit cards without a single shred of US issued ID.

What's really ironic, is that when you visit those banks, although every sign or notice posted in there is bi-lingual, the notice that "only a Mexican-issued Consular card" is required for any banking service is oddly mono-lingual. Yup, you guessed it, printed only in Spanish. That's information we English-speaking American citizens really don't have to be a party to.

What we are finding out here in South Texas, is that a "single family dwelling" becomes more-or-less affordable when:

One is willing to interpret "single-family" as "extended family and all of their friends and associates";

and, There are no concerns for paying for items such as health care, (including natal and pre-natal care for each female aged 13 through 63, on an annual basis) automobile liability insurance (hell, gringos can afford to fix their own cars...)

add;

Housing prices seem to mysteriously become quite a bit more affordable after just a few of the above- described scenarios take place in a given neighborhood of previously single-family dwellings that the owners took pride in maintaining.

Funny, but it isn't long before their monolingual Spanish-speaking children are no longer the minorities in the local school districts, either.

DaGroaner, you don't have to explain to most of us what it is like to work with a predominantly Mexican workforce. I work in the refining industry, I would estimate 70%-80% of the maintenance workforce is Hispanic. Many of those have little or no English skills, and the criteria for a "foreman' is typically one who is somewhat bilingual, to work as a "liason" between the workforce and the management team.

I would also agree that many of these same folks are excellent people. They have gone through at least some efforts to become Naturalized, and either have or are obtaining the required documentation to work here legitimately.

And that, I feel, is the real difference between many of the crimigrants here, and the ones you may encounter and work with there in WA state.

I totally agree, and embrace, any immigrant who comes here with the hopes and intentions of "becoming an American". Many of the crimigrants we encounter in the regions of the Country closer to the border, however, have no such intentions. They are the ones flying flags of Mexico, Panama, Nicarauga, etc. and are quick to "shoot the figurative bird" to anybody that would dare suggest that they denounce their citizenship in their "home" country if they expect to take advantage of the benefits this Country offers them.

They want nothing more from this Country than what they are allowed to "take" from it. They don't give a shit about America, Americans, our culture, our laws, our standard of living, our economy, (other than how it benefits them in the immediate future...) our language, our educational system, our health-care system (except as....) and the list goes on and on. They frequently go back and forth across the border as it conveniences them, i.e. a warrant for their arrest, etc.

I have to believe that if you were surrounded by that type of Hispanic we would not be having this discussion.

It has absolutely nothing whatsoever with racism. It has to do with a sense of pride and Patriotism for our Country, and a general feeling of dispair that it is slipping from our grasp and becoming a third-world country.

I have steadfastly maintained my support for any non-citizen who is willing to enlist in our armed services as a quick means to obtain citizenship. Obviously, to demonstrate their allegiance, but primarily, that they are here to give, as well as take. That's the only kind of citizen or immigrant that will keep our Country viable, and the only kind of immigrant I need living next-door to me.

Child molesters, (a hugely disproportianate problem with crimigrants) drug dealers, gang-bangers, freeloaders, general low-life thugs, we just don't need any more of those here.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Wha? What truck? Something happen that I missed? Or is this speaking hypothetically?

Yes it would be hypothetical. Just my sarcasim. Guido2 does have a great point. If they or any nationality wants to be a citizen they should serve our country. Some may be to old to be active military but there are probably civil service jobs where they can serve to show their allegence.

Whoah there dear lady, I never said you were a liberal. I wouldn't never say such a thing to a Patriot such as yourself. I just couldn't believe a Southern state would do such a thing. Please consider this... the other "threat" isn't fighting US, they are merely showing up to take what we OFFER to improve their lives. The answer to the question is that we need to help Mexico now more than ever to right their ship. They are making significant progress and they do enforce their own border extremely well which has been reducing the number of OTMs which BTW with a tiny handful of exceptions are Central and South Americans not Arabs. A rising tide floats all boats. Mexico is on the rise. If we stop the handouts and attract the right element and make it easy for them to get legal they will assimilate... hell their whole country is trying to assimilate to the American way of life. It is not time to pull away, not now when so much is at stake and so much can be accomplished. Mexico can and should be our best friend in the world. We really shouldn't allow this opportunity to get by US because Chavez is waiting in the wings to convert them to communism and there are almost enough sheeple in Mexico to get it done. Heck we're not that much farther away from the tipping point than they are. Think about it.

Thank you. I am a patriot. I love this country.

As for supporting Mexico, I have no problem with that. I just want the illegals out of my country. I'm tired of hearing we can't deport them all. WTF? We sure as hell can try. Stop this catch-and-release shit. If we've caught them commiting yet another crime, it's surely time for them to go back home.

Like I said, I don't vote into office those that choose to give away the free cheese. I vote every time I can. But it doesn't matter when half the illegals vote into office those who benefit them the most. Seems like politicians don't really care what their constituents want. It's BS and I for one am sick of it.

[]

Thank you. I am a patriot. I love this country.

As for supporting Mexico, I have no problem with that. I just want the illegals out of my country. I'm tired of hearing we can't deport them all. WTF? We sure as hell can try. Stop this catch-and-release shit. If we've caught them commiting yet another crime, it's surely time for them to go back home.

Like I said, I don't vote into office those that choose to give away the free cheese. I vote every time I can. But it doesn't matter when half the illegals vote into office those who benefit them the most. Seems like politicians don't really care what their constituents want. It's BS and I for one am sick of it.

+1 :super: x 1 brazillian!

respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Congress must have read my rant and gotten scaired! :haha:

And the refrence to mexitrucks going bang ,is that just recently that happened!

2 mexitrucks with 3rd world brakes both driving like fiends possed- 1 intersection - -BIG BOOM! Many casualties.

[]

respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Hey, Guido2 --

Eu ainda não falo nem não compreendo o português!

My translator program claims that means "I still don't speak or understand Protuguese!" I speak 'Murcan, German, some Spanish, Hungarian, Italian and even a half-dozen words of both Russian and Arabic... but no Portuguese.

Congress must have read my rant and gotten scaired! :haha:

And the refrence to mexitrucks going bang ,is that just recently that happened!

2 mexitrucks with 3rd world brakes both driving like fiends possed- 1 intersection - -BIG BOOM! Many casualties.

Did this really happen? References/links, please! Like the idjits in the tabloid world (used to) say: "Inquiring minds want to know!" Of course, in this case, it's really my three or five still-operational brain cells that are wanting to know.

Well a Mexican truck carrying TNT hit a van sometime this week and a pipeline blew up...

PIEDRAS NEGRAS, Mexico (AP) - A truck carrying explosives for the mining industry exploded after running into another vehicle in northern Mexico, killing at least 37 people, a federal police official said Monday.

The two cars collided Sunday evening on a highway in Coahuila state, near the town of Sacramento, Luis Horacio de Hoyos said.

Soldiers, police, emergency officials, nearby residents and reporters were on the scene when the vehicle suddenly caught fire, igniting the truck full of explosives.

Maximo Alberto Neri Lopez, a federal police official, said 37 people were killed and 150 were injured. He said the explosion left a 3-meter by 15-meter crater in the concrete.

De Hoyos said three newspaper reporters from the city of Monclova were among the dead.

Copyright 2007 The Asshole Press.

pipeline: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20689755/

Well a Mexican truck carrying TNT hit a van sometime this week and a pipeline blew up...

PIEDRAS NEGRAS, Mexico (AP) - A truck carrying explosives for the mining industry exploded after running into another vehicle in northern Mexico, killing at least 37 people, a federal police official said Monday.

The two cars collided Sunday evening on a highway in Coahuila state, near the town of Sacramento, Luis Horacio de Hoyos said.

Soldiers, police, emergency officials, nearby residents and reporters were on the scene when the vehicle suddenly caught fire, igniting the truck full of explosives.

Maximo Alberto Neri Lopez, a federal police official, said 37 people were killed and 150 were injured. He said the explosion left a 3-meter by 15-meter crater in the concrete.

De Hoyos said three newspaper reporters from the city of Monclova were among the dead.

Copyright 2007 The Asshole Press.

pipeline: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20689755/

MD -- Many thanks for the link. I hadn't seen it but now I can know for sure what I'm talking about. Sorry aobut the casualties -- well, maybe not quite so much aoubt the reporters. News media are almost as bad as the paparazzi (Italian for 'cockroaches') and they always seem to feel they are immune to whatever is going on regardless of whether it is during a hurricane at the height of the storm (i.e., standing on the beach on a barrier island that had a mandatory evacuation), in a war zone or, as in this instance, at what turned out to be a catastrophic accident. Besides, the news media seems to have a traditionally left of center bias (why is it that right-of-center is 'evil'?), not to mention anti-gun bias... Still, condolences to their families, as well.

BTW, the agreement to allow Mex trucks into the US specifically forbids hazardous materials -- well, at least at this time...

Edited by Aethelbert
[]

respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Hey, Guido2 --

Eu ainda não falo nem não compreendo o português!

My translator program claims that means "I still don't speak or understand Protuguese!" I speak 'Murcan, German, some Spanish, Hungarian, Italian and even a half-dozen words of both Russian and Arabic... but no Portuguese.

Me Either!

guido2

If they ever get "direct transshippment" like they almost had, there could be ANYTHING in that truck. We do such a fine job ( pause to puke) of stopping smuggling now. when the stuff has to be reloaded. IMAGINE just how good they will do when the trucks can just roll on through.