APG MAGs!!!!!!!!!!!!&#

i read an topic just the other week about a guy breaking two apg mags with in less than 20 rnds. i had already ordered mine directly from apg the day before, just got it half an hour ago, loaded it up after giving it the once over, and hand cycling some ronds, upon first insertion noticed some loosness in the mag, went throuh many disattachments and reattchments, all with the bolt held open!! compared to factory 5 rnd mag no obviouse defects, went on ahead and shot two rounds, feed like a dream, loaded up with 8 shots (to break in spring slowly) fired all eight rounds at my target at the edge of the woods, man it was sweet :devil: , then i loaded it up with all 10 rds with bolt open, chambered the 11TH round, fired and the mag fell on the porch!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! found the lip on the front of the mag broke and it just fell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has any one else had problems with this????????????? the only thing i think that my mag and the other one i read about is that i think there both the new ones that came out (saiga 12 shot gun) in late july or aug of this summer. is there clearance differances between the previous shotguns and the new ones?????????????????????????????????????????????????

all shells were 3in 12 gauge bb shot please help

Edited by mavrick16o

Ok, there are like 20 other threads about people trippin about their AGP's.

A few people have had problems and have been VERY vocal about it.

More have had great success, but you do not hear about the people who do not have problems.

I only have 2. I have PUNISHED them. Original feed clip on one even.

Hundreds of rounds through them...... NO PROBLEMS.

I guess the important thing is (not that a mag failing at the wrong time isn't important too), how has AGP been customer service wise with the problems people have encountered? Are they willing to help, exchange, etc, or have the just turned a blind eye?

I figure they're in it for the long run, so if they get failed parts back and can check things out, that they'll continue to improve the product until it's right.

Just curious if they're doing the right thing.

i am in no way trying to put a blimish on agp's record, the reason i got there mag over the russian 8, is that every one had nothing but positve feedback on there mag, just sucks it was mine that had to be the problem child!! i do not forsee any problems with returning the mag (already sent e-mail, b/c the phone service was already closed for the day), but i have an unofficial work skeet shoot coming up at the end of the month, and after the last one (sporting dads remington 870, nice gun but was on waiting list for saiga 12 and had been talking the saiga's praises before even possesing one) i work as a diesle tech, and after building the siaga for so long yall can only imagine the griff i would have got if this mishap had happend at the begining of the skeet shoot. i plan on having this one repalced and hoping for the best, but i will be buying other agp mags before then, and i hope i can only represent the saiga and agp names in a manner in which the members of this forum would be proud, there are already two coworkers who are intrested in my saiga 12 after only seeing it, and hearing its based on the AK. I am sorry this topic has ruffled some feathers, i just want to get my gun/mag combo right before the skeet shoot, i would like every one to see what a great gun siaga makes and how much better it can be with a AGP mag!! mavrick16o/matt

mavrick16o,

" i work as a diesle tech",

Do you ever work on the Cummins B series engine? If you do, you will find my name displayed on the bottom of page 3 or 4, of the 2000 and 2001 B series parts book. The parts catalog with the GREEN cover. I did those catalogs from front to back and everything in between.

louielouie

No offense, but the right thing to do is to contact the manufacturer before posting a thread, in my opinion.

Contact AGP. I'm sure they will take care of you.

A BIG +1 Bob!

I wish some people would get a clue...

THIS IS NOT an AGP forum.

AGP mags are great.I own 2 of the first run and 2 from the second run.Each one has fired 100 rds each and with zero issues.AGP even sent me the replacement feed lips that the first run that needed replacement.

It is a wonder why AGP does not post on these forums....

(A little hint,I was using sarcasm in the last line)

I have 10 AGP mags and shoot them in two Saiga shotguns, also I let people use my mags a competitions no one has has a problem with my mags that I remember. As far as I am concerned AGP mags are fine. All I did to them was to file the insides at the back on the left and right side just a bit.

Edited by topmaul