What's your round count?

Someone posted on this board a while back his estimation of how many rounds the Saiga .308 would hold up for based upon the 7.62x39mm standing up to 40,000 rounds.

Though I've fired several, I've only put 250 through any one. Some of you good folks are way ahead of me hear.

How many ya up to!

I'm another small fry, I've only put 203 rounds through mine that I bought very lightly used at a gun show, so I don't exactly know how many the previous owner put through it, but it can't have been many.

My $.01 worth,

Acer

Someone posted on this board a while back his estimation of how many rounds the Saiga .308 would hold up for based upon the 7.62x39mm standing up to 40,000 rounds.

Though I've fired several, I've only put 250 through any one. Some of you good folks are way ahead of me hear.

How many ya up to!

I have one that has about 3000 rounds thru it. It's as tight as the other two that have 500-1500 or so. I don't keep count, but can estimate based on the number of 1000 round M2 ball orders that I place. I'm on my 5th order since acquiring the first saiga. I shoot a few m2's through my bolt guns, but not much.

Personally, I think you'd shoot out the barrel before encountering any other problems that you wouldn't call maintenance (extractors, firing pins, etc)

I was digging through old posts in an attempt to find the one I was refering to. I don't see it now. He/she said they are an engineer of some kind, and seem to talk the talk. I'm thinking they predicted that stress from the .308 round would cause the reciever to fail at what I considered a rather low round count, something like 4000.?

Even if they were just blowin wind up our butts, it's still cool to see how much love people are showing their S.308 :wub: .

1500 plus since upgrading it with new fcg, threaded barrel and muzzle brake. Like a Timex, takes a lick'in and keeps on Tick'in. The only difference between now and when I bought it, South African ammo was $24/battle pk. now its around $60-$90/pk. . Ouch!@