Nice, look like Mechwarriors with a EWACs dish plastered on top.. Though, kinda look like their in space, Mechs would just come apart without the big drop pod..

Besides that, really good artwork man..

Besides besides that.. No idea, I would think so, but kinda begs the question of why.. Yeah, its a top folder then, but seems like alot of work to get there.. I would bet you could rig an underfolder to work backwards..

Knoxx stocks absorb recoil.

I think it's likely a complicated tranformation, and that you would be the "pioneer" doing it.

Have you shot a Saiga, they are pretty soft shooters .. but one mans pleasure is another mans pain. Still, I'd opt for recoil pads on another stock unless you are a skilled tweaker.

The Knoxx Cop Stock uses a single bolt for attachment just like the Remington 870 does. It wouldn't seem that difficult for a gun that Tromix has already welded a back plate to the receiver. Just make the plate with a welded nut inside instead of being set up for a hinge plate. Probably not for a home-smith but it shouldn't be a big deal for a good gunsmith with a shop.

Edited by 1911
post-1910-1191975323.jpgcentury has a recoil reducing solid stock similar to the nonfolding style COMP stock that fits AKs and should mount right on with the saiga but they want $105 for it. I wonder what recoil would be like with one of these stocks combined with a slip on Limbsaver recoil pad. I don,t have a problem with recoil but any recoil reduction should make for faster/better follow up shots. Has anyone tried this stock on a Saiga-12 yet ?

post-1910-1191975382.jpg

I was remembering the Knoxx Cop as the wire top folder one...

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/COPstock.htm

Yeah, it reduces felt recoil by 50%.. but thats off a pump gun, S-12 recoils alot less then that I thought, so you have the reduced recoil already.. Reducing it even more would be a decent thing, but theres recoil pads and the like for it.. Save alot more time then rigging a stock like that to fit, since its the pistol grip as well, off set slightly, seems like you would have to hack into the receiver to get it to fit.. Then its main benefit would be the top folding design, which I imagine the dust cover and thickness of the body would possibly hinder that in some way... Still kinda seems like you could just rig an underfolder to be a top folder and get about the same thing, unless you hack apart the Cop stock and just use the wire, which I don't think does a whole lot to reduce the recoil, it looks like its all in the grip. Knoxx sells just a pistol grip (BreachersGrip) that does the same thing, just looks to be a little shock built into the grip, if that could be rigged to fit, neat, but still, look and feel awkward and get little benefit out of it, atleast IMHO.

post-1910-1191975323.jpgcentury has a recoil reducing solid stock similar to the nonfolding style COMP stock that fits AKs and should mount right on with the saiga but they want $105 for it. I wonder what recoil would be like with one of these stocks combined with a slip on Limbsaver recoil pad. I don,t have a problem with recoil but any recoil reduction should make for faster/better follow up shots. Has anyone tried this stock on a Saiga-12 yet ?

How does that recoil stock work? Is there springs in side of it or something?

I wonder how it would look with the pistol grip setup?

post-7537-1192043093_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've held an AK with that stock and I wasn't impressed. It felt cheap and didn't seem like it would work all that well.

• 11 months later...

I'm sure the Copstock could be made to work. It seems to me that the Winchester versions have the closest backplate profile to that of the AK platform.

May need a wedge and some dremeling but look possible on an unmodified saiga - plus for you non-banned state guys it has a top folding stock that looks to fit right over the reciver.

I really think it would work beyond wildest dreams.