.410 in select fire

• 2 weeks later...

Already done by someone, check it out if you haven't

The guy says it's not for the public, is it really illegal in the states?I mean, if you can buy legal automatic rifles, why someone ban a smoothbore?

Also I believe that this wouldn't be so difficult thing to do, cause Saigas are kinda AK-47 smoothbore reproduction, so if the full auto selection exist on the proper AK, they did something to deactivate it.The parts are so similar, as I see it in my head that with some small mod or smth the deactivated function would be able to work again.If someone can get his hands on an AK-47, with some studying on the parts, would be able to tell us which the essential parts for this mod are.Imagine full auto with a drum mag!What a dream...

Edited by Phattonic

The guy says it's not for the public, is it really illegal in the states?I mean, if you can buy legal automatic rifles, why someone ban a smoothbore?

Also I believe that this wouldn't be so difficult thing to do, cause Saigas are kinda AK-47 smoothbore reproduction, so if the full auto selection exist on the proper AK, they did something to deactivate it.The parts are so similar, as I see it in my head that with some small mod or smth the deactivated function would be able to work again.If someone can get his hands on an AK-47, with some studying on the parts, would be able to tell us which the essential parts for this mod are.Imagine full auto with a drum mag!What a dream...

Yeah, but it's illegal to do it, so we don't talk about it. I have no idea how to do it, nobody would tell me, and that's just how it is.

I had one dealer inquire about it, but he never broke open his wallet or came up with a LE demo letter.

I have only had one dealer buy a 8" Saiga-12 auto, and as you know, it's a pain in the ass to get a 12ga Saiga to run select-fire. A .410 should be pretty easy comparatively speaking.

Tony

Yeah, but it's illegal to do it, so we don't talk about it. I have no idea how to do it, nobody would tell me, and that's just how it is.

Oh Vankiller asked this, I just assumed it was some nub. Shoe in mouth time.

Alright didn't knew its illegal to do it, I'd love to to it btw and many ppl as I can image, but you won't listen from me about it anymore.But you have to aswer my previous question.

"if you can buy legal automatic rifles, why someone ban a smoothbore?"

Or the law is just again to vital modifications such as select fire, just to make sure the owners/users remain safe?

Actually the prohibitive full auto fed law was passed something around 1936 during FDR presidency. Funny as it may seem it had much to do with taxation as federal law tax etc, etc. Unfortunatelly the laws are ammended every now and then and make stricter gun ownership in general. As a general rule of thumb in Communist countries gun ownership was prohibited. Greece is the only country in the western world that enforced communist laws and I am not talking only about guns but about everything (just make the mistake to try to form a company in Greece and you'll find out). By the way since u r heading to Afganistan rumours say that the ex Greek ambasador there adopted a 25 year muscular Afgani as his son. The honorable ambassador was reputed as of the breech loading type , since talking about firearms.

Joe :rolleyes:

Alright didn't knew its illegal to do it, I'd love to to it btw and many ppl as I can image, but you won't listen from me about it anymore.But you have to aswer my previous question.

"if you can buy legal automatic rifles, why someone ban a smoothbore?"

Or the law is just again to vital modifications such as select fire, just to make sure the owners/users remain safe?

I guess I should of made it clear, that yes I built one once, but I never had enough interest in it to go anywhere. Fun to play with, and easy enough to do, as a Class 2 FFL. (LE or on LE request letterhead) Just wasn't enough interest in the "Baby Beast"..........I think Cobra still has a loop of the 12Ga. "Beast".... :smoke:

If I am not mistaken, that IS VanKiller in that video. He was the guy who made those, right?

Edited by headshot

If I am not mistaken, the IS VanKiller in that video. He was the guy who made those, right?

Yeah Vankiller would be the guy destroying that van. My wife loves that vid as she hates dodge caravans with a passion. lol :super:

If I am not mistaken, the IS VanKiller in that video. He was the guy who made those, right?

Yeah Vankiller would be the guy destroying that van. My wife loves that vid as she hates dodge caravans with a passion. lol :super:

Nice to know I still have a couple of fans out there.................got any pictures of yer wife.......................LOL......

Nice to know I still have a couple of fans out there.................got any pictures of yer wife.......................LOL......

HAHA lol Was the cycle rate faster on the .410 than it is on the 12. I've seen a vid of one bumpfiring and it was fast as hell

http://home.mchsi.com/~stephen.proud/Saiga...rsus_Barney.MPG

Edited by Superhawk138

HAHA lol Was the cycle rate faster on the .410 than it is on the 12. I've seen a vid of one bumpfiring and it was fast as hell

http://home.mchsi.com/~stephen.proud/Saiga...rsus_Barney.MPG

The rate of fire was about the same, depending on the ammo used. I really have doubts about a lot of the quoted rate of fire of a lot of these guys. We timed the Beast frame by frame when we shot that loop ( we had about 4 hrs worth) The S-12 was running dead on 450.

Greece is the only country in the western world that enforced communist laws and I am not talking only about guns but about everything (just make the mistake to try to form a company in Greece and you'll find out). By the way since u r heading to Afganistan rumours say that the ex Greek ambasador there adopted a 25 year muscular Afgani as his son. The honorable ambassador was reputed as of the breech loading type , since talking about firearms.

Joe :rolleyes:

Well ok, many of our laws suck big time, but never thought they're similar to the communist form of goverment.But think about it a bit.The geopolitical location of Greece, is kinda unique.To the east, there is Turkey, wich refers to the arab world.North of us is the ex eastern block, and south, Egypt, wich also refers to the arab world.To the west, we have Italy, wich is definately a western world country.As you see there could be lots of affections through civilizations.Btw, where are you from Joe?

Who gives a damn about a gay embassador? :haha:

• 2 weeks later...

OK back on topic.

Conceivably one could swap 410 parts over to a pre-86 receiver, or is this not possible?

Next question, who wants to sell me a pre-86 AK receiver for really cheap? :unsure:

It would probably easier and cheaper to just become a dealer/manufacturer. Which doesnt sound too bad, really. :lolol:

I'm off to the ATF website.

The Class three dealer / Mfg. sounds like a good idea. And it works on a yearly basis. But I tell you brother, the membership dues in this club are a little rough, and it's not just the money I'm talkin about. And on top of the yearly fees if you close out the business you get to cut up your "built machine guns" unless you can get a LE from another class 2/3 to take yer toys.....and that's not that easy to pull off all the time..........but hey, jump in, that's gonna be one less agent to come round an pull my chain...........LOL... :smoke: