Picture of my two favorite Russians and a ?question?

Hello Everyone,

Recently became a Saiga .39 owner and I absolutley addicted to shooting the rifle. Gotta give it to the "RoooSKI'S" they make a damm good gun.

Short, kind of a funny/ironic story before I ask everyone questions:

My girlfreind and her mom are actually from a town very close to were these rifles are manufactured in Russia. They moved here about 10 years ago. During a recent conversation with my girlfreinds mom about me purchasing the SAIGA, she told me that during summer camp when she was 10 years old, they would compete for time to see who could field dress the and re-assemble the rifles the fastest. I was thinking to myself holy shit, when I was 10 I was throwing water balloons at summer camp and here is this women that was learning to play with machine guns. I was a little jealous!

Anyway,

I purchased the American Armory Russian Skeleton stock an attached it to my rifle. I also purchased a 30 round American made magazine. Am I in violation shooting the rifle in this configuration?

The picture is of my two favorite Russians......

Thanks!

post-8401-1196623507_thumb.jpg

Edited by JNASTY98

Those two were made for each other :D

I met a girl from Uzbekastan, she looked over our guns and didn't care much about any of them, but her face lit up with the saigas. She taught us the proper pronunciation back when people on here were still debating it ^_^

I purchased the American Armory Russian Skeleton stock an attached it to my rifle. I also purchased a 30 round American made magazine. Am I in violation shooting the rifle in this configuration?
Life is full of amazing coincidences :) Nice pix and coincidence.

Yes, you need one more US part on your rifle if you use all US made 30 rounders. A hammer or disconnector is an easy addition.

Those two were made for each other :D

I met a girl from Uzbekastan, she looked over our guns and didn't care much about any of them, but her face lit up with the saigas. She taught us the proper pronunciation back when people on here were still debating it ^_^

I know i get a kick out of it....

Just curious, how did the girl tell you to pronounce Saiga?

Life is full of amazing coincidences :) Nice pix and coincidence.

Yes, you need one more US part on your rifle if you use all US made 30 rounders. A hammer or disconnector is an easy addition.

Thanks for the response.

VERY NICE, Her and Her... Russian Women..... aaaahhh...like their weapons.... watch out! But I diegress..... LOL ...

Here's the quick deal on what you asked.......NO, if you use 30 rd. mag (USA or NOT) you aren't Legal (922r) with a

SAIGA w/ ANY Russian made stock. You'll need to change the stock PLUS One or TWO more Parts from USA.

With USA mags......here's what I did (there are many other ways to really 'convert' to legal 30 rd. mags - All Covered Here)

EASIEST WAY : 1) bolt on the ACE Folding Stock & Pistol Grip ($150 - $185) (2 USA Parts) and Be Sure to Use the USA 30 rd. MAGS. (Master Moulder, I USE (just a small amount of work w/ my folding knife to fit in a Stock Saiga) (just clean up the rear mag catch w/ knife) (ask me if you need instructions)

Added: Just Remember, you'll be Relying on the Mag for 3 US Parts - So You can't ever legally use Any Foriegn Mag. - Includine the Original stock (Russian) 10 rounder!

post-7063-1196660943_thumb.jpg

post-7063-1196660967_thumb.jpg

Edited by BullShark012
Just curious, how did the girl tell you to pronounce Saiga?

It's:

Si -guh

like 'Saigon' in vietnam

Yeah, she said it with an accent though so it sounded more like Si-a-guh. I still hear people call them saw-guh, sega, or worse...

As far as taking a knife to the US mags I would like instructions.

Thanks!!

Very easy to get the all USA Master Moulder 30 rd mags to fit the stock Saiga x 39:

1. Don't do anything to the Front mag catch (it's alittle wider than the stock 10 rd., but fits nice and tight).

2. Just shave off about 1 mm or so from the UNDERSIDE of the Rear mag catch. (You can verify how much by lining up the stock 10 rd. mag you have exactly side by side w/ the MM 30 rd.) I use my serated pocket kife - scribe a starting line w/ the std. part of the blade, then just us the serrated part to saw off the excess plastic on the lip.

3. Don't take off too much, be conservative when you scribe the line for the first cut. Then test it for fit. You can always file off a tny bit at a time until it will snap into place.

After you get one done that fits nice and tight w/o wobble, then you'll know right where to make that first cut on the next few you do and it's really so easy - I do mine in a couple of minutes.

One other thing, at the floor plate, there are 2 corners that have really sharp edges - I like to just round them alittle w/ a file. Get the mags at CDNN for 12.99 + shipping.

And don't forget, with that Russian stock, you still need at least one more US Replacement Part. (Foregrip, gas piston or something to comply w/ 922r, unless you do full conversion)

ADDED: A stock improted Saiga x 39 has with the Standard Butstock has 14 Imported ' Counted Parts' on the ATF compliance list out of the 20 possible. You Must be at 10 or Under to be legal w/ Hi cap mags.

So, Your Replacing 3 forien w/ 3 US (the mag) - You're now at 11 and will need just one more US part as a Replacement. EXCEPT, Now I believe this after some research, Your Drag style Stock, I'm thinking the ATF classifies as a PG AND Butstock (2 Parts) - So You would need 2 More Replacement US Parts after the US mag.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here?

Edited by BullShark012

I really appreciate your help, looks like you put some time into this........

I got all the parts I needed......

I also bought left over conversion parts and decided to play with the foregrip. Took a file to it and mounted a rail. I mounted a pistol grip onto it. I'll send a photo, let me know what you think.

As far as taking a knife to the US mags I would like instructions.

Thanks!!

Very easy to get the all USA Master Moulder 30 rd mags to fit the stock Saiga x 39:

1. Don't do anything to the Front mag catch (it's alittle wider than the stock 10 rd., but fits nice and tight).

2. Just shave off about 1 mm or so from the UNDERSIDE of the Rear mag catch. (You can verify how much by lining up the stock 10 rd. mag you have exactly side by side w/ the MM 30 rd.) I use my serated pocket kife - scribe a starting line w/ the std. part of the blade, then just us the serr

ated part to saw off the excess plastic on the lip.

3. Don't take off too much, be conservative when you scribe the line for the first cut. Then test it for fit. You can always file off a tny bit at a time until it will snap into place.

After you get one done that fits nice and tight w/o wobble, then you'll know right where to make that first cut on the next few you do and it's really so easy - I do mine in a couple of minutes.

One other thing, at the floor plate, there are 2 corners that have really sharp edges - I like to just round them alittle w/ a file. Get the mags at CDNN for 12.99 + shipping.

And don't forget, with that Russian stock, you still need at least one more US Replacement Part. (Foregrip, gas piston or something to comply w/ 922r, unless you do full conversion)

ADDED: A stock improted Saiga x 39 has with the Standard Butstock has 14 Imported ' Counted Parts' on the ATF compliance list out of the 20 possible. You Must be at 10 or Under to be legal w/ Hi cap mags.

So, Your Replacing 3 forien w/ 3 US (the mag) - You're now at 11 and will need just one more US part as a Replacement. EXCEPT, Now I believe this after some research, Your Drag style Stock, I'm thinking the ATF classifies as a PG AND Butstock (2 Parts) - So You would need 2 More Replacement US Parts after the US mag.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here?

Yes I whole hearted approve of both your Russians. Funny how times have changed. When I was a kid the propaganda image of the Russian woman was a beefy potato faced peasant heifer working in a foundry pouring hot steel. I remember one of the lampoon magazines doing a "Soviet Women Pin Up calendar" It was one middle age sow in a drab grey swimsuit draped over a tractor. Funny as hell but not exactly Playboy stuff. NOW that the iron curtain has fallen and see what is really there DAMN!!!!!! As a programmer I come in contact with Russians fairly often and more often as not their women are KNOCKOUTS.