Hmm, what about a saiga pistol conversion?

I know you're talking about a legitimate pistol, but on a side note a friend of mine purchased an EAA S12 several years ago and included in the box was an Izmash pistol grip for the shotgun. It was probably an accident and I have never seen another like it. It actually replaced the rear stock and made it "defender" style without any mods.

yep do it the right way sbr s12 thats all you need

Hey ,, We were kicking this around earlier, It can be converted to a AOW (any other weapon) and registered on a federal tax stamp by a class 2 liscensed gunsmith. :devil:

No, it cannot.

It has to start out without any buttstock at all to be turned into an AOW. If it was manufactured with a buttstock, it has to be papered as a "short barrelled shotgun".

Hey ,, We were kicking this around earlier, It can be converted to a AOW (any other weapon) and registered on a federal tax stamp by a class 2 liscensed gunsmith. :devil:

No, it cannot.

It has to start out without any buttstock at all to be turned into an AOW. If it was manufactured with a buttstock, it has to be papered as a "short barrelled shotgun".

Yes

No, it cannot.

Yes , I t can be done by a Class 2, the item must be remanufactured, and registered as an AOW. :smoke:

Edited by VanKiller
Once a long gun, always a long gun.

You'd have to start with an unbuilt parts kit (including the saiga receiver) to produce a pistol.

I also think that shotgun pistols are illegal, anyway.

Shotgun pistols are not illegal (in Florida). I know of two .410 revolvers currently available to the public without any special paperwork. You are correct about the AOW conversions. In order to shorten a pistol grip shotgun to make an AOW, the shotgun to be converted can not have had a shoulder stock origanally. I was considering getting one of these for the house

http://serbu.com/top/superShorty.php. I prefer the Remington over the Mossberg version. That is just my preference since I have used the 870's for so long without any problems.

I like this in the .410 http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=2...mp;gun=Revolver

Edited by madmilo
Once a long gun, always a long gun.

You'd have to start with an unbuilt parts kit (including the saiga receiver) to produce a pistol.

I also think that shotgun pistols are illegal, anyway.

Shotgun pistols are not illegal (in Florida). I know of two .410 revolvers currently available to the public without any special paperwork. You are correct about the AOW conversions. In order to shorten a pistol grip shotgun to make an AOW, the shotgun to be converted can not have had a shoulder stock origanally. I was considering getting one of these for the house

http://serbu.com/top/superShorty.php. I prefer the Remington over the Mossberg version. That is just my preference since I have used the 870's for so long without any problems.

I like this in the .410 http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=2...mp;gun=Revolver

The Taurus 410 revolver and the thunder five both have rifled barrels to avoid the shotgun pistol classification.