Anyone have one? Had one? Love it? Hate it?

I need a reliable 9mm and i have a lead on one for $289 Stainless steel. I need feedback from you all ASAP. If it's a good deal, if it's a good "foolproof" gun. I need reliability and a Physical trigger safety. It looks sweet. I'm just wondering what you all think!

Thanks!

Used to have one, is ok dont like DA only, change it for a S&W 59 series, in few it feed

anything I put true it, from wolf to winchester, the one I used to had can not use + P ammo,

they use 12 round mags, I used to have one 12 rounder

and few 10 rounders, get the best mags you can buy, dont get cheap mags if you get it

they are wort of crap on that gun.

In few it fired all ammo I try on it, NO problemos with HP at list on my.

I have a 6906 and it will outshoot it's full size brother. It is a great little CCW gun. Carried it for serveral years and never had a problem. Suggest Novak Tritium night sights, carry bevel and trigger job. Wonderful little platform if you like the 9mm IMHO. For that price, you can't go wrong. I had a 669 prior to the 6906 and it was also a great little gun. In fact, I offered to buy it back from the guy I sold it to (just last year) years ago and he wouldn't part with it.

Edited by 1911

One of the most accurate, factory .45ACP guns I have shot was a 4506. S&W makes good guns. I helped my sister pick out her first gun before she became a cop. I picked out a 3914 9mm for her. She was a crackm shot with that thing.

Edited by headshot

I'm a fan of S&W pistols, though the "cool guys" like to shit on them.

However, I'm not a big fan of fat gripped double stack carry guns, unless it's for the house or for gun games.

Ammo is heavy, and having a bunch of rounds just makes your gun drag your pants down. And more importantly, if it's uncomfortable, you will leave it in the car/house and not carry it at all. If you can shoot worth a shit, you won't

need that many rounds anyway.

I would go with a single stack and if you find the width of the 6906 to be OK, then I would bump up to a single stack .40 or 45 instead. My personal preference is a single stack 9mm, Smith model 3913. Lightweight aluminum frame, thin profile, but large enough to hit your target at any reasonable range, and still packing 9 shots.

For a house gun I would go with a Smith 1006 10mm first, then a Glock 20 if you don't mind owning a butt ugly plastic gun with no safety and a spongy trigger.

Tony

Good gun, good price. Great if you have small children. Take the magazine out and the gun does not fire. There is a little trick to get around that so you can reload and cover a bad guy at the same time. If you grip the gun and with your trigger finger, pull the slack out of the trigger. Now when you drop the mag you can fire that one round left in the chamber. Yes your finger is on the trigger so be careful. This is also good to know so you don't have an AD by counting on a safety feature that you have unknowingly disabled.

I have a 915 and it shoots anything I put in. It is pretty much the economy model of the 3rd gen 9 mms. When I bought it I handled rugers, brownings, barettas, colts, glocks, etc. All felt fat especially the plastic guns but for a double stack this one felt right in my hand. Not sure of your model but the price is good. A pawn shop has a 5906 for 350 that is tempting me. It would be nice to have two pistols that share the same magazines.