Who can I have professionally convert my Saiga?

I vote DYI also. Not that I have actually converted mine...........yet, but I'm gathering parts to do it. I have my last 2 parts I just ordered a few minutes ago, and I'm set. I've taken all the advice to do it myself. I was originally considering sending it out for conversion, but decided against it, with the advice from the others. I'm sure I will have one of those "Damn, that wasn't that hard" moments after I'm done.

Does anyone have a video on the conversion?

If the the step by step instructions provided on the forum are confusing, just make a post of the problem and you'll get prompt help.

I was wary of doing conversions but after doing my first (a x39) i've since done 4 more. It alot easier than you'd think.

You can do everything with a Drimmel if you don't have a drill press, just a bit more time consuming.

Does anyone know where I can get my Saiga professionally converted? I don't want to do it myself. Some people say they do it. But, they have a 1 year waiting list.

I haven't done mine yet, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

If you like, I'll do yours first and only charge you for parts....and I'll have it back to you in say--10 months?

(that was a joke, a bad one, but a joke none the less)

DIY and you'll never regret it.

I didn't think I could do it either but here is my converted Saiga that I completed using a power drill (not a press), a dremmel tool, masonry drill bits, needle nose pliers, a couple of screwdrivers, and a couple of other hand tools.

If you can use the tools above, you can do a conversion.

post-5881-1199113650_thumb.jpg

louielouie

p.s. (I did not list the parts you need. That has been done over and over, just do a search.)

I think I am going to do it myself. Besides the 11 step conversion page, is there any other references I should be looking at?

I'd look at the Tech Section. The Cross-Conn site is the opinion of one man, and is gettin' on in age, and there are many other methods of doing things in the Tech Section.

The Cross-Conn site is the opinion of one man, and is gettin' on in age

+1, you'd think other people would have made conversion tutorials by now.

When I do mine, I'll document it. It will be the ultimate, honest, newbie, non-machinist "what's a tap?" guide on how to ( and how not to) do a conversion.

I think video would be best, that way I won't have to take three hundred and fifty-two still photos of me fucking things up.

The sound would be edited to delete the expletives.

And any explosions that might occur.

And since my wife would have to man the camera, I'd edit out her laughter, too. But I might get her to shoot it topless...just to keep your attention.

The Cross-Conn site is the opinion of one man, and is gettin' on in age

+1, you'd think other people would have made conversion tutorials by now.

When I do mine, I'll document it. It will be the ultimate, honest, newbie, non-machinist "what's a tap?" guide on how to ( and how not to) do a conversion.

I think video would be best, that way I won't have to take three hundred and fifty-two still photos of me fucking things up.

The sound would be edited to delete the expletives.

And any explosions that might occur.

And since my wife would have to man the camera, I'd edit out her laughter, too. But I might get her to shoot it topless...just to keep your attention.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: