S-12 sight options

I really did try a search for information about changing sights and available options with changing out your factory S-12 sights, but couldn't find anything exact, just a bunch of pages that mention sights. If someone could provide me with web pages or info, I will try to put it neatly together and maybe get it sticked so new comers can find it easy.

One thing I was VERY interested in was this sight....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=at...ost&id=6391

Please tell me that is a red dot sight? And I hope to god I wasn't imaginging this, but I swore I saw that type of site with a base that would utilzed the same mouting system as the back notch sight does from the factory. I hope I described that right. If not let me know. I'm going to try to find that photo in the mean time.

Thanks guys, I notice that Docter makes a few mounts to attach there sights. Do they make one for are guys with no gun smithing?

I looked on one web page and cant tell what one are if any would work. Heres the page....

http://www.opticsplanet.net/docter-mount-f...type-rails.html

I like the idea of having the little guy since it doesn't get in the way as much. I have the AimPoint CompML3 on my AR and love it , but was interested in getting something very small that won't get in the way. I'm going to research this some more in the mean time.

BTW-> What are cheaper options as to replacing the standard front and back sights. I know the back one you can hit out from one side and replace, but does the front one unscrew or is it permanent?

It's a Docter sight...www.docterusa.com

Tromix makes a no-gunsmithing mount for the Docter sight.

Click the link in my sigline, it's on the main page.

Thanks for showing me your web site, Now I will surly go poor! :haha: Something just told me I need a muzzle brake with teeth now.

I'm guessing since you guys use there sights you stand behind there product? As for as red dot sights go, do you feel like the Docter one is a better choice then other red dot sights for the s-12?

If Saiga-12's use a standard size dove tail, I guess I could get any replacement rear sight that installs on a dove tail (like the many MidWay sells)?

Right now I leaning more toward your mount and the docter sight.

Also try this site for optics, www.swfa.com , they are really good at getting your order out to you fast. Really good customer service too. Not only do they sell Docteur but lots of other optics at decent prices. BTW, any and all stay away from anything by ATN, all of theri merchandise is 100% POS.

This is a pet project that I've been working on recently. I've been advocating it for some time hoping one of the big boys would step up and make it happen. It's just a full length rail to allow AR or any picatinny mounted optic to be placed anywhere on the s12. You could also use it to allow a co-witness set up. This one is simply a DPH rear AK rail coupled to an aluminum picatinny rail that I'm milling on to mate up for the front. The DPH is pinned to the front to allow it to swing up for removal of the top cover. In my mind, the final version needs to be steel, or have a steel insert where the two are pinned together just above the center dove tail mounting point. A true machinist with the proper equipment could probably whip something up that slides in the dove tail (rear saiga 12 sight mount on tube) pretty easily that would allow the two rails to mount parallel to the barrel. Just wanted to throw this out there again......I can make it happen for me, but a professionally made rail set up would be nice.

post-1866-1199053522_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm
  • 2 weeks later...