Shot a Tromix converted Saiga 12 TODAY

I was invited to a new years day shoot today in Las Vegas. What an incredible time I had today, it was the best day in my life when it come to guns. The Saiga was awesome it had all of the bells and whistles, from the Galil charging handle and front for-end to the shark brake and saw pistol grip it was perfect. It had a 12 to 14 " barrel and finish was flawless. The welds were all sanded smooth, the trigger guard is a nice touch. I am so very impressed with his work. I want to say it again Tony I am very sorry for every saying a bad thing about you, your work is second to none and worth every penny. The HK sights are installed perfectly. The most impressive thing about the gun is the way it feels when you shoot it, it's crisp and the recoil is a quick snap instead of the usual 12 ga. shove. I really love this gun. (If i ever have an extra 12-1400 I will get one) I hope that mine arrives this week so I can get started converting it. I also got to shoot an M16 (mag dump), mac 11, RPT and a sterling with a can, which was the most beautiful gun I have ever seen, Tom the owner of the SAIGA is one of the most generous people I have ever met, after only shaking hands he insisted I shoot his Tromix saiga 12, followed by his Sterling, Mac and M-16. I am still sitting here with a smile on my face. Rick (the guy who invited me) is the man when it comes to bump firing he gave a few lessons to one of the guys. Mike one of the other guys I met to day has some real cool guns the Styer AUG he has is, wow! I saw so many cool guns, the milled AK was a great shooter, the Barret 50 to a cowboy 45 pistol were all in action. I can honestly say I have never seen an RPT first hand, and to be able to shoot it was unreal. What a great bunch of guys. I only wish I had a cool machine gun to share with those guys, I almost feel guilty. I will edit the video I shot today and post a link. If anyone is interested.

I'm glad you had a chance to shoot one of my guns. I'm really not the big bad Saiga stealing wolf.................

I understand my guns are expensive, but there is a lot of time invested in building each one.

Thanks for posting your first hand experience. That's always better then repeating second hand information.

Tony

I would like to see the video, always like to see guns being shot. Next best thing to being there :rolleyes:

here is the tromix I shot

772504_l.jpg

next to the saiga is one of the coolist guns I have ever seen Its a STERLING and it shoots like a dream.

Here is me and the RPT , it is 7.62 x 39 belt fed & Heavy as a mfer

772496_l.jpg

Another guy shooting the tromix

772492_l.jpg

The milled AK, trigger is so loose it bumps like no other I have shot

772501_l.jpg

a table of machine guns

772509_l.jpg

we had a guy make some exploding targets with flash powder they were a lot of fun

772503_l.jpg

the firing line

I was shootin my 1903 springfield at targets located at 300 yards what a great shooting gun. They guy in the front is Tom also and is the owner of the tromix, sterling, m16 MG that I got to shoot

772506_l.jpg

I am in the back with my AR15pistol cant wait to get my paper back for the new lower so I can make it an sbr

772502_l-1.jpg

Here is mike with an AUG and an UZI both kick ass guns

uzi.jpg

untitled.jpg

I still havent edited the vids of the machine guns but will do this week. What a great time I had!

...was a heavy MFN RPD

You're a pretty big dude, but I guess if it was your first belt gun it would feel heavy...

f23large.jpg

Correct I have never sholdered and cheek rested a belt fed. When the AK drum is attached and full, I dont know if that makes a differnce, maybe the unlevel gorund or I am getting soft this close to 40 :cryss:

Just kidding bro, of course the belt guns are heavy; that's why they have tripods! I love to shoot them off the shoulder, though.

....or I am getting soft this close to 40

I hear you there, just turned 48 last month.

I always thought the difference between the RPK and the RPD was that the RPK was basically an over built AK (heavier barrel, reciever) but still feeds off AK mags/drums while the RPD has an adjustable gas system and uses a belt of some kind that is not interchangable with AK mags (hence why RPD drums are often found for about $50)

Am I close?

I always thought the difference between the RPK and the RPD was that the RPK was basically an over built AK (heavier barrel, reciever) but still feeds off AK mags/drums while the RPD has an adjustable gas system and uses a belt of some kind that is not interchangable with AK mags (hence why RPD drums are often found for about $50)

Am I close?

Yes, but that stuff and the fact that RPD's like PKM's have non-distintigrating belts is all that I know about them. If I saw a parts kit of an RPG I wouldn't recognize it until I saw the handguards. There are 5.45 RPK's as well, for obvious reasons.

Actually the RPD uses a "segmented" non-disinegrating linked belt. The belt segments are either 25, 50 or 100 rounds long. Most common is the 25 round segments. There is a front piece, a rear piece, and two identical middle pieces. Once you link on the ending segment, you can't add any more to the end of it and the front piece can't be used in any other position but the front. If you have a 25 round segmented belt, the empty belt will hang off the left side of the gun until you fire the 25th shot, then that segment drops off.

If you want a belt longer then 100 rounds, then you have to add "middle" segments that are linkable on both ends.

Tony