Tapco has the grip nuts (bushings).

The guys will also need a shepherds crook and disconector spring. I have both of those items made locally and have plenty in stock if you need them.

Tony

The disconnector spring that comes in the Saiga won't work? ( yes I'm ignorant, but working to overcome it)
Tapco has the grip nuts (bushings).

The guys will also need a shepherds crook and disconector spring. I have both of those items made locally and have plenty in stock if you need them.

Tony

Sounds great. I'm planning on getting my Galil foregrip from Tony, too.

Jake

You can grind off the sides of the stock disconector/trigger bushing, drive it out, and reuse the spring, but that's a pain in the ass compared to just popping in a new one.

Tony

Is that something on the shotguns, Tony? I've not seen that on the rifles. I reused my spring off my Saiga .223 trigger group.
You can grind off the sides of the stock disconector/trigger bushing, drive it out, and reuse the spring, but that's a pain in the ass compared to just popping in a new one.

Tony

Is that something on the shotguns, Tony? I've not seen that on the rifles. I reused my spring off my Saiga .223 trigger group.

They are the same on all the Saigas except the .308 (and even that one has the same setup with the captured disconnector).

Why would you go thru the pain in the ass of removing the stock disco spring (having to do all of what Tony said above) when you could drop 5 more dollars, get to keep your old FCG intact, and get a brand new AK spring with the rest of your parts? Or use one from a ballpoint pen...

Edited by Cobra 76 two
They are the same on all the Saigas except the .308 (and even that one has the same setup with the captured disconnector).

Why would you go thru the pain in the ass of removing the stock disco spring (having to do all of what Tony said above) when you could drop 5 more dollars, get to keep your old FCG intact, and get a brand new AK spring with the rest of your parts? Or use one from a ballpoint pen...

I guess after building a bunch of AKs, I don't know any better than to take the original FCG apart and get the spring out of it. :(

Also, using the ballpoint pen spring is a bad idea. as it's not powerful enough to reliably do the job. It's a bad idea because if it doesn't do the job, you run the risk of getting full-tilt-boogie.....

What length of pull is the medium stock? I just checked the Ace website and they didn't list them by length...just said that there were three different lengths available.

I ask because I'm good up to roughly a 13.5" LOP. Anything over that is just too long for me.

What length of pull is the medium stock? I just checked the Ace website and they didn't list them by length...just said that there were three different lengths available.

I ask because I'm good up to roughly a 13.5" LOP. Anything over that is just too long for me.

Check out Blackjack's website for all the measurements in detail.

Nalioth I don't use pen springs (like I said, it's real easy to just buy one) but I've read on here that they do work. You can double them up for extra strength is what I read.

I've taken several of the factory springs out and reused them and that works fine. But my time is worth more than 5 bucks for 5 minutes of aggravation.

Does that stock need a modification to the rear trunnion? If so then it is a deal breaker, if not I may be interested.

Sorry, the ACE receiver block requires modification.

Looks like we are somewhere around 5 kits/stocks at this point.

I'm a newbie so hopefully I will be treated gently. I just picked one up and and interested in the kit but am hoping someone won't mind taking a little time to explain a few things. Reference to the thread above, what exactly needs to be modified? the shotty or the receiver block in the kit and what needs to be done. The tapco hook is the ring thats in the folding stock mechanism, correct? and does the front handle require mods to accept the grip. Lastly, on the talk of grinding a spring that Tony mentioned about, what are we talking about. I haven't picked up the gun yet so its hard for me to understand all thats being talked about since I don't have the gun to look at. I am very interested as I really want a folding stock so I will probably go for this. Again, sorry for so many questions.

Edited by streetrod

Welcome Streetrod!

Congrats on getting a new gun. Now, please realize I'm no expert...

When you get your new Saiga, you'll realize it has been set up as a 'sporter' shotgun. It has some of the necessary parts/underlying machining to configure it as an assault-type shotgun. What you do with the conversion is move the trigger forward, make a new hole in the reciever for the pistol grip, and somehow attach a new stock. The ACE setup is high-quality and very flexible.

I did some reading in the conversion section here and found it very informative.

Good luck,

Jake

Hello,

I'm looking at putting a kit together on the following items:

1) Tapco G2 single hook FCG

2) ERGO AK grip

3) ACE internal stock adaptor with folding mechanism

4) ACE skeleton stock

We'd need a minimum of 10 people and if you are interested, please post here. I will check interest and if there are enough people, put together a package.

It will be this package only. If you want only part of the package and we have enough folks, maybe I can work with you. We're not doing pads, lengths, etc. Your stuck with what I WANT. Sorry, no substitutions.

Cost would be: $178 shipped to you (CONUS).

Thanks,

Jake

Pictures below:

http://www.tapco.com/show_image.aspx?id=2f...35-e77005d8e79f

ergoaknew.gif

AKRBC.FX(S)fs.jpg

any new news on how many are in? etc?

I'm waiting to hear back from the moderators/owners of Saiga12. As soon as I get an OK, I'll post the 'official' group buy thread and give a deadline to get in the group. Once I have the funds and a final count, I'll order the parts and get them out to members.

Jake