Awesome, anyone know if he's a member here? Of course this is posted 2 days after I finish my first conversion :rolleyes: . :D

I am but am a newbie :)

I was going to wait until I was finished to post them here but I guess someone already found them. I know there are people that are planning on doing a full blown DVD and I hope they continue with those plans because this is my first conversion and I am sure it isn't very efficient etc.

Big shout out to Navy87Guy he has been a HUGE help.

Here is the channel home.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=113D4D0386C4C639

Awesome, anyone know if he's a member here? Of course this is posted 2 days after I finish my first conversion :rolleyes: . :D

I was going to wait until I was finished to post them here but I guess someone already found them. I know there are people that are planning on doing a full blown DVD and I hope they continue with those plans because this is my first conversion and I am sure it isn't very efficient etc.

A big +1 to rjs34. I give you props to taping the steps on your 1st conversion. Good work and i'm sure people are awaiting the steps to come. :super:

E for effort...

Won't comment on the content much except to say...

Hopefully you will at least try and learn the names of the all parts involved before continuing. :rolleyes:

I believe it's wrong to post videos on youtube of doing this kind of thing unless you know more about what you are doing. Since at this time, this is the only video that I know of, (out in public) describing the steps of a Saiga conversion, there will be a lot of new people trying to duplicate it exactly. There are far better ways to do some of the steps, with less work and better results. I hope people will be patient and not follow these particular instructions.

This is the kind of thing that gives liberals more ammo to complain about what they call "kitchen table gunsmiths".

You're going to help a lot of people out, I'm sure. I'm willing to bet people who were unsure about attempting the conversion by themselves will reconsider after watching a video on someone doing it. :super::up:

Edited by 22_Shooter
+1 Props for posting a vid. I'm still on the fence on converting, but seeing someone do it makes it look real easy.

Now, where's Step 4? :rolleyes:

Will be finishing today if my wife and daughter let me. (You can hear my daughter squealing in about every step).

E for effort...

Won't comment on the content much except to say...

Hopefully you will at least try and learn the names of the all parts involved before continuing. :rolleyes:

I believe it's wrong to post videos on youtube of doing this kind of thing unless you know more about what you are doing. Since at this time, this is the only video that I know of, (out in public) describing the steps of a Saiga conversion, there will be a lot of new people trying to duplicate it exactly. There are far better ways to do some of the steps, with less work and better results. I hope people will be patient and not follow these particular instructions.

This is the kind of thing that gives liberals more ammo to complain about what they call "kitchen table gunsmiths".

I agree that some things could have been done easier/better. But most people pick up on things much easier when they see it, as opposed to reading it. So I think it will at least show people that it's not that hard to do, regardless if the follow it step for step.

If the consensus is that the vids do more harm than good I have no problem taking them down. I know there are better ways to do it and I don't quite know all the terminology yet but I would have liked to have seen it before attempting. I am surprised that there isn't any public videos out.

If the consensus is that the vids do more harm than good I have no problem taking them down. I know there are better ways to do it and I don't quite know all the terminology yet but I would have liked to have seen it before attempting. I am surprised that there isn't any public videos out.

I think putting the videos up is a great idea. I believe some will be upset by it because they intend to sell such videos and you are showing others just how simple it is. Be sure to mention often what you are converting it TO, meaning not converting it to full auto or any such thing....remember this will be seen by people who are NOT gun fans. Sure, the subject matter is out of picture sometimes...and you can hear your frustration at others but all in all a very informative video and without question worth the price of admission. Well done, lets see the rest of it. :) Throw a range report in at the end too.

Edited by billindenver
I see you (rjs34) have added a disclaimer letting people know to check out this site for more info before doing the conversion based only on your vids :up: .

That was the plan all along :rolleyes: I didn't expect the vids to be found and posted so soon.

I finished up tonight. I didn't install the BHO but plan on going back and doing it. Anyways it was a fun project and I am glad I did it.

I see you (rjs34) have added a disclaimer letting people know to check out this site for more info before doing the conversion based only on your vids :up: .

That was the plan all along :rolleyes: I didn't expect the vids to be found and posted so soon.

I finished up tonight. I didn't install the BHO but plan on going back and doing it. Anyways it was a fun project and I am glad I did it.

I think you did a good job with the videos of your conversion and it will help people with their conversions.

I think you did a good job with the videos of your conversion and it will help people with their conversions.

Thanks,

I got done taping the BHO installation a few nights ago. Talk about the need for beer. After 2 or 3 times it isn't so bad actually.

Thanks for the video. I'll be trying my 308 soon and later my 223. Even though you weren't that well versed in the terminology - It's helps to see that if a first timer like you can do it, then maybe a guy like me can too. Again, thanks!

Good job on the video. Using the common tools on the kitchen table should make others more comfortable in doing the conversion themselves. I had completed my conversion the day before I watched your video. While watching your video I realized I forgot to take the disconnector spring out of the old trigger and install it in the new disconnector....oops....Thanks!!!

The conversion was easy.....with the exception of that damn spot weld.....and turned out beautiful after the paint.