What comes in the box included with a new purchase?

I just got a Saiga Classic Ak-47 from RAA and wonder what comes in the box from the factory? I didn't get a manual or sling and only one cosmoline magazine and a good looking rifle.

Do they all come that way or did Atlantic Firearms shaft me? Sling? Manual? Cleaning kit? Anything?

I got a Yugo at half the price with a sling, two mags and cleaning kit and oil bottle. I know it's only a Yugo and pretty good but not Russian like the Saiga...but wonder what the standard shipping from the factory includes?

My x39 came with a standard cleaning kit, oil bottle, 1 factory 10 round mag, manual and paper that needed to be "annihilated".

ETA: I'm pretty sure no Saigas come with a sling.

Yep..same w/ mine.

Added: kit did come w/ a cleaning rod for the bore.

Edited by BullShark012
My x39 came with a standard cleaning kit, oil bottle, 1 factory 10 round mag, manual and paper that needed to be "annihilated".

ETA: I'm pretty sure no Saigas come with a sling.

Added: kit did come w/ a cleaning rod for the bore.

Mine did too, I just figured that was lumped in with the cleaning kit.

u guys got screwed, what comes with the gun is oil bottles, a LONG cleaning rod and the tampon cleaning kit that comes with most ak's............the cleaning rod was odd, same thread as a regular but its long enough to be used with the 22" barrel.........in fact it's identical.......

How did we get 'screwed'?? My cleaning rod is 'LONG', I just didn't get the 'Tampons' (I guess you got a 'Female' Saiga....lol

Bama Fan,

If this is a Saiga classic from Atlantic Firearms I think they are first imported from russia, then Will from Red Jacket Firearms converts them to use standard 30 round AK mags, puts on a compensator, does some feed ramp work, installs blonde furnature, then applies a dura-cote finish. Mine also did not come with either a manual or a sling, but it did come with one cosmoed up mag and a drink couzie.

If this is what you have, then take note that you probably have one of the best shootin ak variants around. All new parts including chrome lined barrel. This is no battlefield pickup.

u guys got screwed, what comes with the gun is oil bottles, a LONG cleaning rod and the tampon cleaning kit that comes with most ak's............the cleaning rod was odd, same thread as a regular but its long enough to be used with the 22" barrel.........in fact it's identical.......

What are you talking about? What you said came with your gun is exactly what I said came with my gun. The rod is long enough to clean my 16" barrel, who cares if it could clean a 22" barrel?

Sounds like what you're missing is the cleaning rod, plastic oil bottle, buttstock cleaning kit, and the manual. The buttstock cleaning kit is very useful, but can be purchased from several sources for $5-$10. It's a small black cylinder looking thing. I take cleaning rods off my AKs and never use them on any bore. The plastic oil bottle is not very useful, but can be bought for a few bucks. The manual in not very informative, but the English is hilarious.

I got the oil bottle, cleaning kit, cleaning rod, manual (sort of light green color in a plastic pouch), plus mine had a second light green booklet showing the inspectors who signed off on the rifle and the grouping that the rifle shot at 100 meters.

Plus the "please annihilate paper".

louielouie

p.s. It was nice to have the inspeciton booklet because I know these actually make a firearm more valuable (if they stay with the original firearm).

Sounds like what you're missing is the cleaning rod, plastic oil bottle, buttstock cleaning kit, and the manual. The buttstock cleaning kit is very useful, but can be purchased from several sources for $5-$10. It's a small black cylinder looking thing. I take cleaning rods off my AKs and never use them on any bore. The plastic oil bottle is not very useful, but can be bought for a few bucks. The manual in not very informative, but the English is hilarious.

These guys are...well, just fucking dumb.... I'm sorry..we all got the kits and shit come on.... this batch of new kids here are just idiots, sorry.

Edited by BullShark012

all of that set aside, it is common for dealers and wholesalers to remove items from factory import boxes, and resell them.

it isnt always the case, but it happens often.

the SAR1 and WASR10 are good examples of what they "scapped out of the box" before you got it.....

louie louie sounds about the closest, so far, out of all you all....

you DEFINATELY get a "label" with teh manufacture date of the particular gun on it, along with some nice tastey "destroy now or you die" paper, which you should make sure you wash before eating and after work always, regardless if you handle it or not. you are supposed to get a cleaning rod, although I dont think they all come with one..

really, it is all inconsequential, unless you are a die-hard collector, and have everything to the "t". At least in this type of firearms' case, that is.........

Edited by Bvamp
I got the oil bottle, cleaning kit, cleaning rod, manual (sort of light green color in a plastic pouch), plus mine had a second light green booklet showing the inspectors who signed off on the rifle and the grouping that the rifle shot at 100 meters.

Plus the "please annihilate paper".

louielouie

p.s. It was nice to have the inspeciton booklet because I know these actually make a firearm more valuable (if they stay with the original firearm).

Yes, that's exactly what I got as well. I figured me saying "cleaning kit" would include the rod, and saying "manual" included the inspection booklet.

• 1 month later...

Bama Bro,

I bought a Russian AK classic from AF as well, nothing except 4 a case and 30round mag. Join the klub. I bought several kool items for it to spice her up a bit.

1. BJ recoil buffer

2. Red Star Arms 2 stage trigger (counts as 3 US made parts!!)

3. BJ SWIFT safety lever

4. BJ Crooks wire replacement thingy

Otherwise it seems like a quality piece of work, does anyone know how this gun started before conversion???

I just received my new saiga from Mississippi Auto Arms. It came with all you guys referenced above, except the magazine. They sold me that separately. Actually, I think the mag comes with it, they just take it out and sell it separately. I don't feel too bad about it though, I only paid $229 for the rifle.

so what's the real scoop, does the mag come with the gun?

I just received my new saiga from Mississippi Auto Arms. It came with all you guys referenced above, except the magazine. They sold me that separately. Actually, I think the mag comes with it, they just take it out and sell it separately. I don't feel too bad about it though, I only paid $229 for the rifle.

so what's the real scoop, does the mag come with the gun?

Yeah, it comes with 1 mag.