Got My Test Drum Today!

Got my test drum today :up: It was raining pretty good but i couldnt resist and stepped out side the back door and I fired off 40rds of Fed birdshot,20 rds hi brass Fed OO buck and 10rds of Fed Hi brass slugs with no problem!!.Loading the drum was pretty tough tho,ill have to try the graphite on the dummy round and see if that helps.I ran into a problem..., i have a Warfield Armory (Jerics)LRBHO and had to cut the slot in the tower so the bolt hold arm wouldnt interfear.I found out there isnt much room to cut the opening before your into the slot that the dummy round rides in.I went slowly inserting the mag,checking clearance each time but ended up cutting to much(I f*cked it up) ,now my dummy round pops out :( It still works/fires when its locked in the gun but i have to keep a round in it when its out of the gun :cryss: .The 8 and 10 rd mags have much more area that can be removed with no problem because of the follower stop is much lower in the mag,im not completly sure the Warfield Armory LRBHO can work for sure with the drum,if so the cutout will have to be very precise.Ill confure with Mike and see what he says.

Izzy,smells gun powder :)

DRUM2.jpg

DRUM1.jpg

LRBHO cut

DRUMCUT.jpg

Edited by Pointer

Jesus friggen Christ.

Nothing against you personally Pointer (so please don't take what I am about to say personally).... but after reading yet another forum post about yet another forum member that received their "test MD Arms drum" I can't help but to wonder....

Just how many of you guys lined-up to stroke 'ole Mike D's schlong just so that you could be a part of his test group?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: .................. :devil:

P.S.: I hope everything works out okay for you, regarding that technical problem with your Jeric LRBHO. No joking.

Edited by Gary
Jesus friggen Christ.

Just how many of you guys lined-up to stroke 'ole Mike D's schlong just so that you could be a part of his test group?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fourteen, wasn't it? Now thats one less than Mike seems to remember, so someone must have done double duty. :lol:

Edited by ArcFault
Fourteen, wasn't it? Now thats one less than Mike seems to remember, so someone must have done double duty. :lol:

:lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ............ :super:

Now I don't care who you are, DAT DAR was funny!!!

(I just hope that Tony R. was first in line..... I hesitate to think of how displeased he would be... if he had to take "sloppy seconds.")

:angel:

I haven't really messed with trying to make the drum activate Jeric's last round. I was hoping the extra rim on the dummy round could be used to push something up to activate the lever.

About the graphite and the dummy round. I would say that the graphite has come off the dummy round onto the scoop that picks the rounds off of the gear. The dummy round is no different than a regular round once sitting in the gear. After a shell or the dummy round leaves the tower it is either resting in the gear or barely sitting on the bottom half diameter of the drum body. Even here the round only has 2 small points of contact to the drum housing, the rim and the very front edge of the shell. The rim holds it off the surface. The point of major contact for all the rounds is the scoop. I didn't graphite or lube them while testing because I didn't want it to be necessary for firing. I wanted to know they worked without it. I did just go out and rub some graphite on the scoop of a drum and it did load a lot easier. I'm sure this would make them feed smoother has well.

You know I do not have a drum to test this idea on but if you find it necessary to lube the drum, rather then using Graphite, consider trying silicone based paste wax.

Now Mike may stipulate graphite for his drum I do not know. I have used silicone wax in the past with great success on the old Mitchell Arms 10/22 50 round teardrop magazines.

If any tries this method let me know how it works out.

Fired off 50 more rounds of Fed OO buck today....no problems,man thats fun! I did load the drum with the palm method and it was defenatly easyer to load,theres a knack to loading it for sure,im still going to put grafite or something on the drum sprocket teeth.I got nerve damage in my hands from putting off carpel tunnel surgery for way to many years,so lubing might make it easyer yet for us "handy"capped..yuck,yuck :ded::P:rolleyes: Thats what swinging a hammer all your life gets ya.

stepped out side the back door and I fired off 40rds

I actually envy your location more than I envy your drum.

Yep,cant beat country livin....ill NEVER move to anywhere i cant take a piss outside in the daytime without worryin somebodys peekin :lol:

Bums, drum beta-testers they both SUCK!!!!!

:haha:

Yeah well if it wasn't for us guys that suck so bad, and who Mike trusted us to help get the kinks out, and the word out about these things you would STILL be waiting and you wouldn't be privy to all the new information that is coming to light.

Not to mention all the cool pics we are posting that you can't! :haha:

Fired off 50 more rounds of Fed OO buck today....no problems,man thats fun! I did load the drum with the palm method and it was defenatly easyer to load,theres a knack to loading it for sure,im still going to put grafite or something on the drum sprocket teeth.I got nerve damage in my hands from putting off carpel tunnel surgery for way to many years,so lubing might make it easyer yet for us "handy"capped..yuck,yuck :ded::P:rolleyes: Thats what swinging a hammer all your life gets ya.

I hear ya on the hammer swingin' blue bro..loud and clear. My Eastwing is semi retired right now...but always there if i need to pick it up and construct or "destruct" something.

No more worries on the hard loading of the drum. I bright light has shined down and all is better now! Graphite, silicone, or not there are not going to be any issues now with loading it and unloading can't help but go smoother too! :smoke:

I'm gonna start a new thread for all of us beta testers to share information in so it isn't spread out all over the board in 14 different places. It's getting hard to follow.