trigger gaurd question

i am thinking of replacing my trigger guard with an ak47 trigger guard/mag release.

just for looks mostly.

my questions are:

being as the ak47 trigger guard is attached to the mag release,

does the mag catch need to be filed down or will it accept regular ak mags without any mods?

also, how would i go about installing it with rivets?

am i better off just bolting it in and painting the bolts black?

i am thinking of replacing my trigger guard with an ak47 trigger guard/mag release.

<snip>

does the mag catch need to be filed down or will it accept regular ak mags without any mods?

Last I looked, the AK47 used regular AK47/AKM mags.
also, how would i go about installing it with rivets?

am i better off just bolting it in and painting the bolts black?

You can use cap head screws. If you don't want the hex shaped hole in the top, you can fill 'em with epoxy.

saiga556_660.JPG

They sell a neat little plate that is drilled and tapped for these 8/32 x 1/4 cap head screws over on http://www.akfiles.com. However, if you use the nuts, you'll need to stick one side to the grinder a little so they fit up next to the receiver properly (they're too wide as they are made). Use a lock washer behind this single screw, too.

saiga556_659.JPG

Edited by nalioth

Where do we get the plate? That seems to be the way to go.

crucified- Yes, the new mag catch is for an AK, so there is no need to file. It will lock on regular ak mags, and all you will need is the bullet guide.

No, the link over to the sight works, but the link in the tread to the guy that sells just the plates without the screw kit and all that is not working.

I sent a PM to creator0203 for you at the ak forum, I'll see if he replies.

Im not selling these at the moment and am not sure if ill continue. Try contacting scott3480 at the AKFiles.com or I believe AK-Builder started selling them. They gotto make a buck when they see a good idea

Fun times

So I'll contact scott3480 tomorrow..

It is ~22:07 here and I just got home from work and my children want me to read to them after we have a look at the Silver Bear HP I just got delivered...

MD