I called Centerfire today...

I spoke with a very nice woman at Centerfire Systems today and she told me they ordered hundreds of Saiga 12's. They recieved 25. Yup... only 25 of them and they have shipped all of them out. She did say they are expecting a HUGE shipment in next month and the orders will be filled on the first come first served basis. I was also told they received nearly all of the other Saigas they ordered, just not the 12's. I asked what price the 25 went out at and she said "Just like it says on the web site... $399.99" and "If you ordered at that, you will get them at that".

So there you go. Now we wait to see how the chips fall. At this point I am glad I didn't order one for $500 somewhere else. IF they get here. :cryss: If not... well... $500 is going to be a good price.

I just ordered 2 of them but Im not a FFL,, I can send them a copy or have my guy fax them when needed. Do they work that way or are they dealer ONLY????

They are not open sat so I will have to call Monday to find out for sure. It let me make the order without having a FFL so,,???

If you printed your order which includes you order number, name and so on - Fax that along with a copy of your FFL's signed FFL. Good to go. If not, write your order # on the copy before you fax it so they can reference it to you.

I just received an email from centerfiresystems saying that they had 600 on backorder and they could not guarantee the price that is on the website and that it may take months to receive. Would it be worth it to buy from them and wait a couple months for the Saiga 12? Do you think the prices on these will keep increasing?

I thought it was interesting that they continue to sell at $400 instead of the gouge rate of $600+.

+1 for Centerfire Systems

I have a Romanian PSL DMR on order from them as well.

I have dealt with Centerfire Systems about four or five times over the past years (C&R guns and ammo only). They are good people to work with, but of course I am biased. The only time I ever won anything in my life was an SKS from Blue Broker.com, their subsidiary.

Well, I placed my order today. I guess that puts me on the waiting list at number 600 something. At least they don't charge your card until it is ready to ship. The bad thing is that the price is not guaranteed and if the suppliers raise it, then so will they.

• 2 weeks later...

I put in an order on 3/11,never got the email stating they wouldnt qarentee the price.Im not holding my breath on getting one..but you never know :) Youd think if they thought they couldnt fill the orders they would stop the backordering.......so maybe :up:

You must have just missed it. My order was 3/6 and it said

Saiga 12ga

Shotgun

Part #SAI-12

Part#: SAI-12

(Qty: 2 x $399.99)

However, I am not holding my breath either but might be pleasantly surprised; until Mrs. 1911 gets ahold of me. :eek:

Edited by 1911
I spoke with a very nice woman at Centerfire Systems today and she told me they ordered hundreds of Saiga 12's. They recieved 25. Yup... only 25 of them and they have shipped all of them out. She did say they are expecting a HUGE shipment in next month and the orders will be filled on the first come first served basis. I was also told they received nearly all of the other Saigas they ordered, just not the 12's. I asked what price the 25 went out at and she said "Just like it says on the web site... $399.99" and "If you ordered at that, you will get them at that".

So there you go. Now we wait to see how the chips fall. At this point I am glad I didn't order one for $500 somewhere else. IF they get here. :cryss: If not... well... $500 is going to be a good price.

I stressed and obsessed endlessly in my search for an S12. Plus, my constant trolling of this site before officially joining just made my diagnosis of "Saigaitis" worse & worse :eek:

Even liviing fairly close to Cenetrfire & Gilberts, I wasnt willing to risk the waitlist and the promised low price.

I'm not the type that hopes folks won't get that lowball price b/c I didnt. I'd just like to see a bunch get into the market place.

I have repeatedly spoken with knowledagble people at more than a few dealers and when they have 200, 300 or more of these on order but aren't receiving more than maybe 1 or 2 - something is wrong!

I don't doubt that Centerfire will sell those early listers at the earlier price - but ONLY if their supplier sells it to THEM at that early price. Goodwill is nice but there is not that big a margin on guns that I know of. Even if the original materials and labor were the same, with the cost of oil/fuel/related industries(which is about everything) shooting through the roof, and the US Dollar staggering like it is, what little I remember from Econ101 tells me these gun prices have to shoot up - and not just b/c of the hot Saiga demand.

I would love to get into my first conversion, but instead I bought 2 rifles today b/c I sensed every day delayed is putting them farther out of reach. Sure enough, while talking with the guy he said that he was just getting ready to increase prices b/c of the distributor prices being quoted to him. I won't get into the "Sky is Falling - Democratz elected" mania that some use to whip up a frenzy, but when the Gov't has to bail out BearStearns, housing & mortagage industry is going haywire, and the Fed is making historic interest rate cuts - inflation has to be the result........... doesn't it ????

Wow, sorry for the treatise folks :blush: I hope everyone who wants one is able to do so. I'm afraid we're going to need them :o

Cheers,

HarvKY

Love the site. Really appreciate the incredible knowledge and experience shared here B)

Yep, that's why I bought mine. I know where two more are that I'ma pickup. Not $399 but I'll pay 425 and 435 (24"). Never hurts to have a few.

...........gee, I wonder if Tony bought up all the first Centerfire batch and the Krebs Ghost rings too :chris:

Man, I sure would like a krebs ghost ring site. Anybody got an extra.

Yep, that's why I bought mine. I know where two more are that I'ma pickup. Not $399 but I'll pay 425 and 435 (24"). Never hurts to have a few.

...........gee, I wonder if Tony bought up all the first Centerfire batch and the Krebs Ghost rings too :chris:

Man, I sure would like a krebs ghost ring site. Anybody got an extra.

Krebs just called me regarding more in stock. Mine is on the way....better jump on it. :smoke: