A sneak peek (pic inside !)

I have been busy lately with my .308 Saiga DMR creation. While my Saiga .308 is at the combloc Doctor's office for a conversion, barrel work, etc. ; I just finished up my rear stock with adjustable comb. I love these stocks ! Everytime I come accross one at a gun show I snap 'em up. They were designed by Ivan Kolev, a Bulgarian armorer and are the best "Dragunov" styled stock I have ever used. The grip area is bigger and much more comfortable than any thumbhole stock for an AK and have the correct angle or "sweep" of the grip. The stock is 1.25" longer than a warsaw length stock and have a full rear area for a better recoil to shoulder fit. Once you try one, You won't like anything else for your AK IMO. I have 5 currently and am always buying them up as they are no longer made and hard to find. This particuler one has been modified by me and will be a wonderfully functional yet simple stock to go on my Saiga .308 DMR. I am making a padded leather cover that will go over the adjustable comb too. Now........Where to put the ashtray and cup holder ?.......LOL ! I'll post more pics as my weapon progresses. I made the adjustable comb from 1/8" thick aluminum sheet. I textured the grip area as well as adding in a slight palm swell to help fill up the hand. I added a sling swivel at the rear and finished it in Alumi-Hide II matte black. My front handguard will be finished the same way with a textured underbelly to improve grip and I will "beavertail" the underside for better stability when shooting off my pack.

000_0292.jpg

Edited by Crazdgunman
I just checked Cheaper then Dirt, thy eno longer sell them. At least they are not listed on the website. AH well.

Your not going to find them for sale anywhere........I tried for a long time myself. Gun shows are your best bet. I come accross them from time to time. They run anywhere from $20 to $40 depending on condition and who's selling them. I bought (2) at my last show for $45 for both in mint condition. These stocks are the most comfortable AK stock made and the fact that they were designed by a true AK armorer from Bulgaria makes it even better ! I like to keep my "Commie" guns "Red" if you know what I mean. I NEVER, EVER put AR15 stuff on my AK's ! NOooooooooooWay ! That would be Blasphemy !

"As with all standard AK stocks, this will not fit the Saiga rifles."

What has to be done to make them work?

You have to have a converted Saiga for it to work is all.

They won't work on stock saigas.

"As with all standard AK stocks, this will not fit the Saiga rifles."

What has to be done to make them work?

Cut the bottom tang off and you should be GTG

edit:Thanks havoc, got one on the way.

Edited by shaneman153a
Crazedgunman you were right. This stock does have good ergos. (I trial fit it on my .308) I got in case I ever get around to building another, long barrel version.

Yep !......best feelin' stock for an AK IMO. My rifle is still at my builders. I'm gettin' "ant-sy" ! I know that quality work takes time and I am having alot of work done to it :

*Standard Russian AK front sight assembly complete with FH plunger installed.

*Muzzle turned down and threaded to standard combloc threads (14x1.0 lH)

*Elongated SVD type flash hider installed

*Standard Russian trigger guard/mag catch assembly installed

*Entire refinish to include full park job with Molyresin (Russian mil-spec black)

She'll be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !

• 1 month later...