USA made followers and floorplates?

TAPCO sells followers - but they are cheap plastic and don't hold up very well.

APEX sells followers and floor plates. I only see the floor plates listed right now - the followers may be out of stock. They're a little pricey, but they're well made and they count!

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy

The FSEUSA site currently is not listing any of the followers or floorplates. I did go ahead and grab a few of the apex floorplates, a liitle pricey as they are they do count. Here is a simple unmodded 922r scenario that allows the use of military high cap mags: ACE or the like Saiga unmodded modular stock and pistol grip, Tapco or Dinzag Galil Handguard, US followers and floorplates and add a bullet guide. Good to go?

Joeken Firearms has both floorplates and followers. You know the floorplates here and at Apex won't fit the Saiga Mags, don't you?

If the link below doesn't work, go to Google and get the address.

Then hit the AK47 link.

Then hit the accessories link.

Then scroll down just a little until you see the floorplate, then hit the floorplate and it takes you to both.

http://207.176.137.9/shop/shopdisplayprodu...=Magazine+Parts

The bottom has HESSE stamped on it (same as the Apex). HESSE floorplate is made by a US company and counts as one point.

louielouie

Edited by louielouie
The FSEUSA site currently is not listing any of the followers or floorplates. I did go ahead and grab a few of the apex floorplates, a liitle pricey as they are they do count. Here is a simple unmodded 922r scenario that allows the use of military high cap mags: ACE or the like Saiga unmodded modular stock and pistol grip, Tapco or Dinzag Galil Handguard, US followers and floorplates and add a bullet guide. Good to go?

Yup, good to go (given that you didn't thrown on a foreign muzzle device). The stock, handguards, followers/floorplates, brings your count from 14, down to 10.

Joeken Firearms has both floorplates and followers. You know the floorplates here and at Apex won't fit the Saiga Mags, don't you?

Then hit the AK47 link.

Then scroll down just a little until you see the floorplate, then hit the floorplate and it takes you to both.

louielouie

louielouie, appreciate the link, but

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Joeken is bad news. You might get lucky once.

Then hit the AK47 link.

louielouie

I'd be using them on military high caps. (filing the mag catch lever on the gun) Thanks for the link!

Then hit the AK47 link.

louielouie

louielouie, appreciate the link, but

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Joeken is bad news. You might get lucky once.

Nalioth,

It must be my "clean living and good looks) :angel::lolol: (like my getting a dimpled receiver for $269- :super: really I did get one for $269). When I ordered 4 of the floorplates and a couple of the mag. followers I had no problem.

louiuelouie

Try Falcon Arms for the US made floor plates where I got mine. They are laser etched so you can't paint them and if they rust the US markings may disappear. http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/product.ph...&bestseller

They and cost $4.95 and they also make steel followers.

Except FA has been out of stock for at least 6-8 months and they list a "pre-order" for baseplates -- no status for the followers. That "pre-order" wording has been up on the website for at least a couple of months.

The last time they had them in stock (sometime back in summer 2007) I stumbled on them the day they were posted. I tried to order 10 of each through their online store. Unfortunately their software wasn't sent up right and although it "accepted" my order, it never went through. By the time I got done dealing with their customer service the next day, they were already out of stock.

If/when they decide to make them again, you're going to have to have really good timing to get some before they are sold out.

Jim

There is a member on other AK forums named "grasshopper" he makes 5.45 followers and floor plates, you may be able to get just some floor plates from him, or get the combo, its cheap and sell the US followers and keep the floor plates.

Then hit the AK47 link.

louielouie

I'd be using them on military high caps. (filing the mag catch lever on the gun) Thanks for the link!

capzeno,

I just noticed that the mag floor plates that APEX sells are the same ones that Joeken sells. Also Joeken has them in stock and for $3.99 compared to $5 at APEX. As I said before I had no problem when I ordered mine from Joeken.

louielouie

There is a member on other AK forums named "grasshopper" he makes 5.45 followers and floor plates, you may be able to get just some floor plates from him, or get the combo, its cheap and sell the US followers and keep the floor plates.

That'll work fine for 5.45 mags ( 7.62x39 mags are wider ).

Okay, just wasn't sure nalioth.

Hey nalioth do you know if they will they work on .223 magazines?

Okay, just wasn't sure nalioth.

Hey nalioth do you know if they will they work on .223 magazines?

If you are using modified 5.45 mags, certainly.

I'm unsure about the other mags measurements(such as Circle 10 .223 mags), but they'd be closer to fitting than floorplates for 7.62x39 mags.