Anyone interested in me putting together a Saiga 12 Directory?

I know I get sick and tired of digging through all my PM's and emails to dig up an address.

Question is, how to distribute?

I could send it in a word file or pdf upon request to contributors/trusted members.....????

Last thing I want is to give out addresses to unwanted solicitors.....

Good Idea, Bad Idea?

Pros/Cons?

Anyone interested in me putting together a Saiga 12 Directory?

I know I get sick and tired of digging through all my PM's and emails to dig up an address.

Question is, how to distribute?

I could send it in a word file or pdf upon request to contributors/trusted members.....????

Last thing I want is to give out addresses to unwanted solicitors.....

Good Idea, Bad Idea?

Pros/Cons?

What kind of information will it contain? If it's the contact email address of registered users, then it's a bad idea. Users put a certain amount of trust in forum management when registering and if that list falls into the hands of just one email spammer, that trust is broken forever. It doesn't just have to be spammers, it could be a "trusted" member who all of a sudden thinks he or she has a new AK gizmo that everyone must have. It could be a "contributor" who stepped on someone's toes here, got put through the spanking machine, and is now pissed off. Whatever could happen, you run the risk of upsetting board members for no other reason than convenience for some who'd want the list, and that's not a good idea.

I was thinking Phone numbers and / or physical addresses.

I know I'm calling or sending stuff to people in this board daily..

Pretty easy to keep in contact via email or PM via the board it's self.. without publishing emails ect......

Personally, I have the e-mails, phone numbers and addresses of those I want/need to contact in my Outlook Address Book. I too got tired of digging through PM's looking for them. A PM to a buddy will get the info (if he wants you to have it) and then I file it. Easy and nothing floating around for some poopy head to use. Works for me Big Guy.

Personally, I have the e-mails, phone numbers and addresses of those I want/need to contact in my Outlook Address Book. I too got tired of digging through PM's looking for them. A PM to a buddy will get the info (if he wants you to have it) and then I file it. Easy and nothing floating around for some poopy head to use. Works for me Big Guy.

+1, bad Juggie, BAD! :haha:

oh, the second half of the question -

what I do is keep a ledger book. I have to now. too much info to remember. I dont rely on computers or cell phones to remember this info for me. advise that you all stop doing it, as well.

Yeah it's really too bad.... You never know when some asshole is gonna turn on all his friends and start to do some crazy behind the scenes bullshit that would compromise the sanctity of the group. I myself, like you Drew, would very much like to have the contact info for all the people I consider close friends or business associates on the forum. It would have come in handy a FEW TIMES I can remember....

Maybe the best way to get something like that to happen is to just send out an invitation to all who WOULD like to be on your own personal contact list, and let them respond in turn? A thread could be started and anyone who was into it could respond. It would then be the poster's choice who they want to add to their contact list...just like the add to "friends" list is conducted here.

That make any sense? Just thinkin out loud here...

I LOVE it!!! MY idea SUCKS SOooo bad, I got a 1 star!!!!!!

So I'm on par with the guy asking when the drums ship! LOL!!!!

Glad y'all can see my intent...

That's why I asked if it was a good idea or not...

I got 2100 pm's in my in box...

Prolly just as many emails..

I better start diggin! LOL!!!!

Yeah it's really too bad.... You never know when some asshole is gonna turn on all his friends and start to do some crazy behind the scenes bullshit that would compromise the sanctity of the group. I myself, like you Drew, would very much like to have the contact info for all the people I consider close friends or business associates on the forum. It would have come in handy a FEW TIMES I can remember....

I am shocked that you would think something like that could happen here!!!!!!!

Why all the members and mods here are the epitome of virtue and can be counted on NOT to let personal, childish tantrums affect their judgement!!!!

Edited by Will

I am shocked that you would think something like that could happen here!!!!!!!

Why all the members and mods here are the epitome of virtue and can be counted on NOT to let personal, childish tantrums affect their judgement!!!!

What the F#(K you tryin' to say WILL?????!!!!!

All gotta be usin' words like "epitome" 'n' shit!

Geee Everyboy look at Will's BIG BRAIN!!!

~ JERK! :lolol:

[

What the F#(K you tryin' to say WILL?????!!!!!

All gotta be usin' words like "epitome" 'n' shit!

Geee Everyboy look at Will's BIG BRAIN!!!

~ JERK! :lolol:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppp!

:haha::haha: