Fire Control Group - Single Hooks for Saiga

Well I've gone and done it again. I've learned something the hard way. You all can go ahead and kick my a$$ with the sarcastic comments. I ordered up my latest conversion stuff from Tapco. They were sold out of the single hook triggers and I thought - ehh I'll just use the douple hook. Well little did I know that the double won't slip easily into the new rifle. The receiver is only cut with one notch (to fit the Single Hook Trigger). I decided against cutting the receiver and just lopped off the extra hook and the FCG fit pretty well.

After all that jazz I went online and checked the forums. I found that one guy just trimmed off a bit of metal to keep the second hook and allow the trigger to fit with out having to completely cut off the second hook. My daddy used to always say "Measure Twice - Cut Once". I guess he should have included "Check the Boards - Don't just use the hacksaw".

So for you all out there who may have missed it in the old threads - be careful if you order the Double Hook Fire Control Group.

Ouch!! I thought it would be like "read the F***ing forum" or "ahhh-hahh". This is a harsh group. ;)

I hope you didn't take that seriously man. I used the smileys to make sure you knew I was being a wise-ass :D . No harm intended, I was just being sarcastic.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know about the triggers either. I assumed that twice as many hooks would be twice as good! I bought a G2 double hook and a Choate dragonuv stock and hands guards a couple weeks ago during a Midway "everything is on sale" event. Trigger set was $30 and the stock set was $47.51 plus $10 shipping. I was satisfied with the total price. I just added the other cut to the trigger hole with a dremel 1/8" carbide cutter. Overall the conversion went well and the trigger pull is much closer to acceptable than it was.

Vorpal

The Russians assumed that too from the late 40's to the late 50's (got my years messed up thanks Nalioth) then they went single hook... only took them a while to figure out that a hook breaking was a rare to ain't never gone happen deal...

besides you don't break a hook when you just hold the trigger down and spray lead at your opponent...

I work with guys that were advised by the Russians, pretty much goes like this, bullets are cheap and plentiful, use them all up!

The smart ones used more grenades eventually, even less wear on a trigger.. they never used it.

Edited by MD_Willington