The easiest Saigas to convert are the following... S-20, 410, X39, .223. All 4 share the same basic internal configurations, and will all convert the same way. The .308 and the S-12 are a little different requiring a little bit more tweaking to get them to be "right"... not harder, just more labor intensive, and may require a few extra parts so as not to look "bubba'd"

For example, on an S-12, when you remove the lower plate the safety stop will go along with it, so that part SHOULD be replaced... On a .308, a Red Star Arms fully adjustable trigger group is the BEST way to go, as a standard G2 trigger group requires a little bit of tweaking to function properly, unlike a G2 in the 4 above mentioned rifles in which it is a drop in.

as I said, not harder, not impossible, they are just DIFFERENT and may require a little more time and effort than those 4 listed.

:smoke:

What Indy said....

I also found that my 7.62x39 already had the hole precut where the pistol grip nut goes -- I had to do that by hand on my S12.

Of course, the 7.62x39 requires a bullet guide for proper functioning of standard AK mags, which adds to the complexity a little bit (especially if you break the tap off in the hole. Ask me how I know!)

My first conversion (x39) took the weekend. My second conversion (S12) was done in about 4 hours.

Jim

The .308 is extremely easy to convert if you use Dinzag's modified FCG for a PG conversion .308 (Check out dinzagarms.com). Make sure that the trigger opening and PG nut hole are pre-cut. They were on mine.

The Tromix trigger guard assembly that includes a safety stop looks like it would make an S-12 conversion pretty easy.

Between the products from Dinzag and Tromix, all the conversions should be easy if the trigger opening and PG nut holes are pre-cut.

• 2 weeks later...
get one of each...that way you'll know ALL of them. :)

I'm a newbie to Saiga. What do you guys mean when you say convert? Convert to what? I just bought a Saiga 12 and that is why I am asking.

Thanks

Tom

Convert it for the correct trigger location and pistol grip.

Thanks saigafreake. I need to do more reading to understand the correct trigger location. I was going to install one of the ACE side folders with a pistol grip. Anything wrong with that?

Tom

Not as long as u swap out enough factory parts with american made parts with that stock and pistol grip youll need to swap 3 more parts. Trigger group counts as 3 but make sure u get enough info b4 u dive into that part.

I was told the USA 10 round magazine would count as 3 USA parts. I also have a USA shark brake. Need more? Sorry for hijacking.