Picked up the Viking Kitty

I picked up the .223 Viking Kitty tonight. She is a hot number. She has earthtone furniture, a sling and lots of rails. It has the Ultimak AK-47 Gas Tube with optics mount, the Smith Enterprise Vortex Flash Hider, the Tapco stock, the Galil style handguard and a couple of extra mags. I'm ready to mount my MCA Sgt New River vertical grip and an optic. I can't decide which optic to put on it.

I'm going to use this as my range/target shooting rifle. Distances of less than 100 yards. So, of the optics I've assembled for my various rifles (non of which have yet to be installed other than on the SKS Bubba) what should I put on the .223?

Vote early, vote often!

WJ

Thought you guys might like to know, the Eotech has a bad rep for losing zero "over there" among mil and contractors, and also losing power at the wrong time.

what is the opinion of trijicon for operators over there? reflex and ACOG?

WJ, I am happy you like the gun. If you want a few more, I have 762X39's and 223's build ready to ship and I can get 410's and 20ga's from Bvamp's CGW

I have a nice 762x39 with dimples, 3rd y, and the 4 ports on the gas block that needs a good home. She currently has a ak74 style break w/ 11 degree target crown, black furniture (Tapco saiga Galil fore grip, T6 Collapsable stock, ergo grip), Arsenal USA trigger group (longer trigger pull than tapco g2). I can sell her to you as is or upgrade to the G2 trigger, Stainless steel gas piston, Vortex, ultimak, tri-rail, sling, and extra mags so she matches your 223 in all but color; For the same price as the 223 you got from us.

Thought you guys might like to know, the Eotech has a bad rep for losing zero "over there" among mil and contractors, and also losing power at the wrong time.

what is the opinion of trijicon for operators over there? reflex and ACOG?

They are the best.

agreed, all my buddies over there haven't had a single problem with trij's in the field, I have used a Eotech here and no problems, but thats just easy range shooting, no harsh action to be found ;) only downside is the high price, but you get what you pay for

Edited by Vultite
WJ, I am happy you like the gun. If you want a few more, I have 762X39's and 223's build ready to ship and I can get 410's and 20ga's from Bvamp's CGW

I have a nice 762x39 with dimples, 3rd y, and the 4 ports on the gas block that needs a good home. She currently has a ak74 style break w/ 11 degree target crown, black furniture (Tapco saiga Galil fore grip, T6 Collapsable stock, ergo grip), Arsenal USA trigger group (longer trigger pull than tapco g2). I can sell her to you as is or upgrade to the G2 trigger, Stainless steel gas piston, Vortex, ultimak, tri-rail, sling, and extra mags so she matches your 223 in all but color; For the same price as the 223 you got from us.

Don't tempt me. :angel:

I may take you up on that if the LWRC moves.

So I shouldn't tempt you by adding another mag or a bulldog case.

:haha:

post-9412-1208620213_thumb.jpg

post-9412-1208620229_thumb.jpg

post-9412-1208620357_thumb.jpg

post-9412-1208620370_thumb.jpg

post-9412-1208620387_thumb.jpg

LOL, I will go with a PK-AS-V will give the run for the money to any

other red dot, it includes bullet drop cam, all the time black dot 1 MOA

and electric red dot 1.5 MOA, over the center bore of the rifle, a simple

range finder and all is encase, it will take a liking and keep on ticking.

for about 200.00 to 260.00 and the best is that Tantal have it in stock

in the old USA with English manual at must have if U want to use it

at its full potential.

And no the manuals that are online with the competition

are not even half of the info that is on the original manual

like Tantal has.

Ok, who is the wise guy who voted for the ringer, the cheap Cabela's scope. LOL.

I think I bought a set of binoculars from Cabelas for something like $69.00 and they included the scope in the package deal. The binoculars are actually pretty nice, the scope, well, what can I say?

So I shouldn't tempt you by adding another mag or a bulldog case.

:haha:

Oh, a Bulldog case, I must have skimmed over that the first time. No, what I really want is a set of sights that illuminate, like Wilson Combat Ghost Sights? But, can you still mount one of my assorted and none too high quality, red dots, if you have those fancy sights?

WJ

The man with the solution. Thanks for the info. Leo.

I'm thinking about another rifle. I just don't know what I want yet.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...