Whats Going On With The AK Rifles?

Saw this article at http://www.classicarms.us/index.html

It's a harbinger of what is to come, so if you think you got a cheap Saiga AK hang onto it. It will only increase in value, especially if it's converted.

I suspect that soon Saiga may be the only game in town for affordable AK rifle variants. Which is not bad thing :rolleyes: but still....

Edited by MacMan

I've never understood why some American company doesn't start producing AK's. There's a huge demand and I find them to be a superior weapon to the AR platform. It seems like a quality, US-made AK could be a hot seller. Some companies, like Lancaster, come close but they stop short of manufacturing everything in the US.

Seems like a wasted opportunity....

Jim

I would agree if Classic jacked up their prices, but they've kept their prices on Romanian and other AKs reasonable.

What this will probably mean is that Saiga conversions will become the entry level new AK.

As far as US made AKs go, my opinion is that keeping costs down will require that the design be optimized for modern technology. Ie some processes cost more now than 60 years ago, and vice versa. Machining time costs more, but certain simplifying and accurizing processes are easier.

I would agree if Classic jacked up their prices, but they've kept their prices on Romanian and other AKs reasonable.

What this will probably mean is that Saiga conversions will become the entry level new AK.

As far as US made AKs go, my opinion is that keeping costs down will require that the design be optimized for modern technology. Ie some processes cost more now than 60 years ago, and vice versa. Machining time costs more, but certain simplifying and accurizing processes are easier.

Classics story has been debunked.

It is a fabrication put up for reasons only Classic knows.

Click the link in my previous post.

Classics story has been debunked.

It is a fabrication put up for reasons only Classic knows.

Click the link in my previous post.

It could very well be a made up story, but maybe not. I took a weekend trip to PA to a gun show a couple weeks ago, and only bolt, lever, semi auto rifles and shotguns there. No military style firearms, or even mags.

From there I went to private dealer that lives in the hills to see what he had. He said he could not get AK's. He could sell them if he could get them, but supply recently dried up. Dunno. :unsure:

It could very well be a made up story, but maybe not. I took a weekend trip to PA to a gun show a couple weeks ago, and only bolt, lever, semi auto rifles and shotguns there. No military style firearms, or even mags.

From there I went to private dealer that lives in the hills to see what he had. He said he could not get AK's. He could sell them if he could get them, but supply recently dried up. Dunno. :unsure:

If you read the big long link, it is explained why there are low stocks of WASR and why Classic is trying to sell pieces of the falling sky.

Depending on where you went in Pa, using a gun show to survey how the military style firearms are doing might not be the best thing. I think we are about 20 years behind everybody here sometimes. Makes it nice, but at the same time the local shows I've gone to don't have really any selection of "evil black and scary".

Now when I go down to the big show in Harrisburg...I'm tripping over my tounge.

Is it TRUE that in PENNSYLVANIA you *MUST HAVE A VALID PA IDENTIFICATION* ( namely a drivers license) to ENTER a firearms shop?

I was told this by a store owner in Mount Penn, when I stopped in there, as he has big signs all over the store front saying... do not even enter unless you have a valid PA drivers license... I actually opened the door to ask him about it, he said it was "STATE LAW" needless to say I didn't even bother to go inside...

is that true?!?!?!? or was he jerkin me around?

:smoke:

Is it TRUE that in PENNSYLVANIA you *MUST HAVE A VALID PA IDENTIFICATION* ( namely a drivers license) to ENTER a firearms shop?

Umm round here...we damn near issue you a gun at birth....and since PA shops can sell guns to out of state residents....I think he's full of it.

I think hes got class three stuff in there... the good NFA stuff... perhaps thats why??

Anyone here NEAR Mount Penn ( Reading) and want to take a stroll in there for me?!?!?!?

I would be VERY APPRECIATIVE! :up:

:smoke: