1 YEAR WAITING LIST!!!

theres a waiting list for saiga 12s?

i bought mine from gun city a few weeks ago over the counter, they have heaps in stock in all different configurations here - perhaps there is a shortage in the US due to importing laws?

I think they are talking about conversions.

i bought mine from gun city a few weeks ago over the counter, they have heaps in stock in all different configurations here - perhaps there is a shortage in the US due to importing laws?

Where,,,prey tell,, is Gun City????

Gun City has a couple of locations, but they are all located in New Zealand. Gun City

Where,,,prey tell,, is Gun City????

Gun City has a couple of locations, but they are all located in New Zealand. Gun City

Looking at their prices in US Dollars doesnt apopear to be much of a deal ???

12gauge short $ 710

762 $ 394

12ga 7rd mags (would be of interest) but $ 157 ea.

Oh well

HarvKY

just talked to Magnus at Centerfire...he said they have 800 back orders! the waiting list is a year long! this is getting INSANE!!!

Woo Hoo...im likely around the 450 mark......If i get a S-12 from Centerfire in the next year ill dye my hair pink :rolleyes:

All gun city stores are in NZ yes, and the guy gets them straight from the factory - they are a little pricey though because the NZ dollar is not particularly strong and all the ones brought in have to be modified to meet the arms code here.

the best price I have seen on them here for the long version with the hunting butt stock is about $NZ699 which is $US541

The pistol grip and buttstock have to be removed and changed for a thumbhole stock (the dragunov stock is acceptable) and you are only allowed a 7 round mag maximum which are not very common, saiga say they produce standard with a 2, 5 or 8 round mag so I don't know where he is getting these 7s from they add $200 to the price plus the $120 for the drag stock.

I ended up getting the short (trigger foward) version which they brand as a 'K' version here with drag stock, 7rd mag and 2 x 5 rd mags for $NZ1399 which is about $US1081.

Its a bit of a shame there are only two companies importing them so there is not much competition, even the saigas in .308 Winchester and 7.62x39 are over priced people don't seem to be going for semi autos in rifles any more because most folks here only use them for hunting and pest control - no one uses firearms for home defense, criminals don't carry guns here because handguns are almost impossible to get and cost thousands so theres no real need to sleep with a loaded combat shotgun under the pillow if you know what I mean (Although, in saying that the first night I had 'Nadia' after I picked her up from Gun City she slept in the bed.... My lovely girlfriend Tracie was a little creeped out but very understanding)

Anyways, the long and the short of it is Saiga 12s are in ready supply in little old NZ if you are prepared to pay out the nose for them :D