Depending on how much you "got into the receiver" the whole gun might even be ruined. I know that's not really what you want to hear right now... sorry.

There is a small spring on the left side of the .308 trigger axis pin that holds both axis pins in place. It is coiled around the pin. If you remove that spring (by pressing down on it just in front of the trigger pin and unlocking it from the groove, then pushing the pin out right to left) you can then take the hammer pin out too.

Depending on how much you "got into the receiver" the whole gun might even be ruined. I know that's not really what you want to hear right now... sorry.

There is a small spring on the left side of the .308 trigger axis pin that holds both axis pins in place. It is coiled around the pin. If you remove that spring (by pressing down on it just in front of the trigger pin and unlocking it from the groove, then pushing the pin out right to left) you can then take the hammer pin out too.

Ouch :unsure:

Receiver is ok, just barely got into it. The pins are still rock solid with the retainer, so it's nothing a little black paint can't fix up. I'm still stunned at how f'in stupid I was :cryss: . I had definately been reading up on the conversion, but none of the stuff I found was 308 specific. I was referencing cross-conn and the videos up on youtube. I knew the 308 conversion was a little different than the 7.62 and .223 conversions, but got a little caught up in the whole excitement of getting it done that I didn't think it through. Chalk it up to experience I guess.